Author Topic: Kept  (Read 791 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Kept
« on: 15 August 2012, 20:23:38 »

The stuff I have kept over the years amazes even me at times.Sorting through some paper work[birth certificate etc.]I found a old driving licence of mine dated 1974!one of the little red"book"types for those of you old enough to remember them.Along with this was a receipt from insurance broker for a 1964 MK 3 Zephyr 4 [so 10 year old car at the time]TPFT me and my dad to drive[I was a learner at the time] cost £36!1974 also saw a fuel crisis with possibility of rationing so car came with a book of ration stamps never needed using,car has long since gone still have ration stamps,never know when they may be needed!

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
Re: Kept
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2012, 20:42:40 »

Good job we're not rationed today being Omega owners it would be the odd short journey! As my dear Wife says the car will pass everything but a petrol station! Regarding found things i have an old Triumph and found in the glove box an old original record of every fill up,oil change ,even tyre pressures and fuel consumption.
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2012, 20:57:10 »

Good job we're not rationed today being Omega owners it would be the odd short journey! As my dear Wife says the car will pass everything but a petrol station! Regarding found things i have an old Triumph and found in the glove box an old original record of every fill up,oil change ,even tyre pressures and fuel consumption.
Oh I don't know - we're having to give away all those 10p per litre vouchers as neither Omega uses much, and both are already brimmed
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2012, 22:08:52 »

Still got the original haynes for the Mk5 cortina , covered in oily paw prints  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.