Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping this morning......  (Read 3145 times)

STMO123

Shopping this morning......
« on: 02 October 2012, 11:05:36 »

.....I picked up a box of kieenex tissues. 'NEW SLIMMER BOX!' it proclaimed on the wrapper. Less tissues, same price. Are people really that gullible? :-\

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Shopping this morning......
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2012, 11:07:35 »

.....I picked up a box of kieenex tissues. 'NEW SLIMMER BOX!' it proclaimed on the wrapper. Less tissues, same price. Are people really that gullible? :-\

You were ;) :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2012, 11:12:02 »

No. I put them back and bought the asda ones that are so rough they exfoliate your nose. Two for the price of one.  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2012, 11:24:20 »

Tight git  ;D ;D ;D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2012, 13:00:12 »

No. I put them back and bought the asda ones that are so rough they exfoliate your nose. Two for the price of one.  ;D

Seriously good value & a bonus too then Steve :y Having to pull 'em out one by one is a real eye waterer!! :D ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2012, 15:36:41 »

I have a picture in my mind of you with a wooly hat on pulling a tartan shopping trolley on wheels.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2012, 15:42:59 »

Polo defined their product on the basis of giving you less. It only increased their sales. "Polo the mint with the hole!"

Standard size large block of cheese over the last year or so has gone from 400g, to 380g and now 350g at the same price.  :( Aldi 1kg of mince meat is now 800kg for the same price.  >:(

When a product goes on special offer, you know when it returns to normal it will be more expensive!  >:(

All supermarkets treat their customers with contempt, some more than others and IMHO Tesco is the worst but unfortunately for them too many customers have twigged, which is why their UK sales are falling. Out of the big 4 cartel, Tesco had the biggest profit rise during the depths of the 2008-10 recession where you would normally expect profits to drop. Don't forget "Every little helps" their record profits.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2012, 15:54:10 »

Yep, we're buying more and more meat, veg, and bread, etc. from our local shops and "box providers" now, having realised that, whilst we might believe that the rubbish from supermarkets is cheaper, when you look at the figures, in practice it's not significantly so any more, and quality is dreadful. All designed to look great on the shelf one day, and go limp and manky after another day in the 'fridge.  >:(

Going shopping? Be careful what you wish for... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSi0D7KESk
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2012, 16:24:35 »

Yep, we're buying more and more meat, veg, and bread, etc. from our local shops and "box providers" now, having realised that, whilst we might believe that the rubbish from supermarkets is cheaper, when you look at the figures, in practice it's not significantly so any more, and quality is dreadful. All designed to look great on the shelf one day, and go limp and manky after another day in the 'fridge. >:(

Going shopping? Be careful what you wish for... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSi0D7KESk

yep.. same applies to here.. unless you live in villages.. :-\

cleggy

« Reply #9 on: 02 October 2012, 16:31:12 »

We support our local shops were ever possible especially the bakers, grocers, butchers and farm shops. :y Far better quality, you know that the meat is reared with proper care, what breed it is, hung for 28 days etc. The bread is not full of preservatives, home baked cakes,  fresh vegetables and fruit  in season. It may cost a little more in the long run but you get the quality, and meet the producers/ suppliers. :y
We also get our pet supplies from the farm for the dogs and chooks. :y

We use supermarkets for dry goods but as you say the packaging goes down while the price goes up. Who do you think is going to pay for the employers pension contributions under this new scheme :(   

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2012, 16:35:13 »

We support our local shops were ever possible especially the bakers, grocers, butchers and farm shops. :y Far better quality, you know that the meat is reared with proper care, what breed it is, hung for 28 days etc. The bread is not full of preservatives, home baked cakes,  fresh vegetables and fruit  in season. It may cost a little more in the long run but you get the quality, and meet the producers/ suppliers. :y
We also get our pet supplies from the farm for the dogs and chooks. :y

We use supermarkets for dry goods but as you say the packaging goes down while the price goes up. Who do you think is going to pay for the employers pension contributions under this new scheme :(

if you believe the statement , "you are what you eat" , its more than that..  this chemical Exxx preservatives are all harmful.. and I dont start with hormone feed <put here all kinds of food>

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2012, 21:15:56 »

I have a picture in my mind of you with a wooly hat on pulling a tartan shopping trolley on wheels.

in a shell suit ::)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2012, 21:16:45 »

with a perm ( tight) and high heels

waspy

« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2012, 21:28:01 »

with a perm ( tight) and high heels

Looking like this

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2012, 22:09:41 »

now thats hot  :D gave me a semi :-[
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.