Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: An armed guard in every school....  (Read 2727 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: An armed guard in every school....
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2012, 12:05:11 »

Imagine being able to throw one of these little babies in your trolley down at Tesco!!!  :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sig-Sauer-M400-Enhanced-Carbine-ODG-with-Rifle-Bag/21677318

:o :o :o

In most states you can't just walk out with it unless you already have a licence though ;)

Not dramatically different to visiting a gun shop here in the UK... If you have the correct paperwork and space for the weapon (most/all UK gun licences have a limited number of "slots" for weapons) you can take it home ;)

Maybe, but it does clearly show the mentality and culture of many Americans. To them there is a close association between the products of human survival, food and drink, and their other essential of life, guns to defend the homestead, which still plays to their imagination.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 December 2012, 12:11:14 »

Imagine being able to throw one of these little babies in your trolley down at Tesco!!!  :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sig-Sauer-M400-Enhanced-Carbine-ODG-with-Rifle-Bag/21677318

In most states you can't just walk out with it unless you already have a licence though ;)

Not dramatically different to visiting a gun shop here in the UK... If you have the correct paperwork and space for the weapon (most/all UK gun licences have a limited number of "slots" for weapons) you can take it home ;)

Maybe, but it does clearly show the mentality and culture of many Americans. To them there is a close association between the products of human survival, food and drink, and their other essential of life, guns to defend the homestead, which still plays to their imagination.

It's more for hunting ;) But if I lived in the states I'd have weapons at home. I'm still considering joining my local gun club as I enjoy target shooting and (appropriate) hunting... Would that mean that because I have weapons at home I'm going to go on a rampage? ???

As said before, it's not the fact that weapons are available that is the issue. The problem is that someone with a mental health problem was given access to them ;) There should be more regulation on the storage of weapons too IMHO ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 December 2012, 12:22:06 »

I disagree with that LD.  Gunshops here only sell sporting guns for a start, many of the weapons on offer in the US are unavailable here and many have restrictions such as having to keep them at a gunclub. Quite rightly so, in my view!  :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I as a foriegner could buy an assault rifle in some states or at a gun show for example where background checks for private sales are not mandatory.....  :o  I bet provided you had the cash you'd easily find someone to sell you one!  Of course with a bit of persistence and determination I'm sure you could obtain such a weapon here too, just not as easily.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 December 2012, 12:29:53 »

I disagree with that LD.  Gunshops here only sell sporting guns for a start, many of the weapons on offer in the US are unavailable here and many have restrictions such as having to keep them at a gunclub. Quite rightly so, in my view!  :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I as a foriegner could buy an assault rifle in some states or at a gun show for example where background checks for private sales are not mandatory.....  :o  I bet provided you had the cash you'd easily find someone to sell you one!  Of course with a bit of persistence and determination I'm sure you could obtain such a weapon here too, just not as easily.  ;)

I bet it's a lot easier than you think ;) Although it would also require a large sum of money ;)

Gunshops here sell sporting guns, yes. But sporting guns are no less dangerous than assault rifles ;) If someone went on the rampage with a solid projectile hunting rifle they could do just as much damage, and you can keep them at home (with the correct storage arrangements and licence)  ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 December 2012, 13:01:06 »

I bet it's a lot easier than you think ;) Although it would also require a large sum of money ;)

Gunshops here sell sporting guns, yes. But sporting guns are no less dangerous than assault rifles ;) If someone went on the rampage with a solid projectile hunting rifle they could do just as much damage, and you can keep them at home (with the correct storage arrangements and licence)  ;)

I'll disagree with that statement too!!  :P  At least with a double barreled shotgun or single shot rifle the assailant has to pause to reload, giving people a chance to respond or take cover, whereas a semi automatic assault rifle with a 30 round magazine will do a lot more damage before the assailant has to pause his/her assault!  ;)

Of course we can never legislate or regulate for every possibility or eventuality......  :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #20 on: 22 December 2012, 22:25:51 »

It's more for hunting ;) But if I lived in the states I'd have weapons at home. I'm still considering joining my local gun club as I enjoy target shooting and (appropriate) hunting... Would that mean that because I have weapons at home I'm going to go on a rampage? ???

As said before, it's not the fact that weapons are available that is the issue. The problem is that someone with a mental health problem was given access to them ;) There should be more regulation on the storage of weapons too IMHO ;)

I dont agree LD..  you may not go rampage but the neighbours angry kid with an automatic rifle can kill many.. finding storage keys is not that hard.. similiar things happened here..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #21 on: 22 December 2012, 22:27:29 »

accept it or not, guns are the easiest way to end others life.. thats a fact..

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 December 2012, 22:35:06 »

The constitutional right to bear arms, is an important part of US culture. It is also a very good self-defense force. Who would want to invade the US with a 200 million strong Home Guard.

The issue of these cowardly attacks seem to have a profile of young male misfits. I would suggest that the storing of guns and ammunition at home should be made much more strict. Combination safes should be used and if an unlicensed person then gains access through their parent's negligence and does bad things, then the parent is held criminally responsible.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 December 2012, 22:42:00 »

Who shoots the armed guard in the school when he goes berserk?  ::) :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #24 on: 22 December 2012, 22:50:31 »

The constitutional right to bear arms, is an important part of US culture. It is also a very good self-defense force. Who would want to invade the US with a 200 million strong Home Guard.

The issue of these cowardly attacks seem to have a profile of young male misfits. I would suggest that the storing of guns and ammunition at home should be made much more strict. Combination safes should be used and if an unlicensed person then gains access through their parent's negligence and does bad things, then the parent is held criminally responsible.

Rods keep in mind that with a basical assumption half of that is woman.. and 19/20 will hit nothing instead of the target with an optimistic ratio.. I have seen many "sharp shooters" in the army.. ;D and really cant predict how much percentage of the useful man will be voluntary in a war.. they are hiring experienced Turkish soldiers with a high salary is just an example..

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 December 2012, 22:56:06 »

They're making a killing!!!  :o :o :o 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/22/us-usa-gun-shows-idUSBRE8BL0DP20121222

No pun intended.....

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 December 2012, 23:00:21 »

The US Army culture is just spray the area with automatic fire. In the Vietnam war they reckon it took 1,000,000 fired bullets to kill a Viet Cong. Once they remembered the lessons they had forgotten from WWII and re-introduced snipers their ratio was about 1.1.

Many of those will have had weapons instruction, where the US hunting / rifle club culture is strong and the size of their military means that there will be many retired ex-servicemen/women.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #27 on: 22 December 2012, 23:00:40 »

and I'm really curious what is the percentage of "normal normal" people in a community regardless of USA example..

in many countries I'm afraid they are a minority.. in those countries prisons are full of those "normal" people who lost the control and shot someone.. let alone those special examples.. and I must add, I read very carefully the foreign newspapers and many experts in that subject say that this mental problem doesnt not necessarily require violence resulting to mass murder ..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #28 on: 22 December 2012, 23:06:08 »

The US Army culture is just spray the area with automatic fire. In the Vietnam war they reckon it took 1,000,000 fired bullets to kill a Viet Cong. Once they remembered the lessons they had forgotten from WWII and re-introduced snipers their ratio was about 1.1.

Many of those will have had weapons instruction, where the US hunting / rifle club culture is strong and the size of their military means that there will be many retired ex-servicemen/women.

facing someone with a gun in your home is different than the army training.. so success ratio is highly discussable.. besides I dont believe that all that nonsense is  necessary for some gun industry owners to earn more ..

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 December 2012, 23:09:38 »

I wonder how many of these assault rifle owners go off into the woods and when they see a deer just spray a magazine off in the general direction, rather than taking a well aimed  considered shot to kill?  ???

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.