Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to quit  (Read 3909 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Trying to quit
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2013, 18:58:16 »

Last October as it approached yet another birthday I made the decision to try and quit smoking.I discounted the idea of quit smoking aids,as all said willpower was required and I figured that if I had the willpower to quit I didn't need such aids,and if the willpower was lacking the aids would be of no use.Anyway I have in those months since October cut down from 80 a day to a mere 10,and this morning at 1.30 whilst out with the dog I smoked what will hopefully be my last fag.Here's hoping!

dont hope .. you can :y :y :y :y

my wife quit 10 days ago..

she is using champix.. it blocks the brain receptors.. and you must use it for 3 months.. although not cheap I recommend it.. :y

ps: it shows its effect after 10-11 days..

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 January 2013, 19:01:04 »

i quit a couple of years ago. now i'm addicted to the nicotine patches. no health risks though and i still get the soothing, calming nicotine. and a lot cheaper too  8)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 January 2013, 20:27:10 »

stick at it and say to yourself i dont smoke,ive done 11 months and have found it very easy after all the other attempts and havent used any aids.i now cant stand the smell of smoke and really dont miss having to go outside in wind and rain
                                         good luck
                                            daz

TEAMJB

• SWINTON MANCHESTER
    • Omega 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 January 2013, 20:34:42 »

If I could find a way to up load an attachment here I would send you my proven cure` FREE` :y I've had many good responses world wide of thanks too  :)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 January 2013, 11:15:54 »

About 3 years now since my last fag and alot more since I stopped buying them  :-X

Must admit, when i'm having a bad day / out with the lads, I still get the craveing but manage to say no thanks  :)

80 a day down to 10 is brillant  :y
Serious respect bud  :)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 January 2013, 14:13:35 »

Last October as it approached yet another birthday I made the decision to try and quit smoking.I discounted the idea of quit smoking aids,as all said willpower was required and I figured that if I had the willpower to quit I didn't need such aids,and if the willpower was lacking the aids would be of no use.Anyway I have in those months since October cut down from 80 a day to a mere 10,and this morning at 1.30 whilst out with the dog I smoked what will hopefully be my last fag.Here's hoping!

she is using champix.. it blocks the brain receptors.. and you must use it for 3 months.. although not cheap I recommend it.. :y

I went a bit crazy on that stuff Cem, best hide the sharp knives :o. Hope it works for her though :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #21 on: 14 January 2013, 14:15:54 »

I went a bit crazy on that stuff Cem, best hide the sharp knives :o . Hope it works for her though :y

thanks :y   I forbid smoking to myself in living room and other rooms to help her..  so far no problems..  :)

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 January 2013, 18:33:48 »

Hells bells, I couldn`t afford to smoke 80 a day, I used to be on about 40 till I injured my back, but being flat on ya back for a couple of months you have no option other than to stop, I do smoke occassionally...roll ups like a match stick..it just keeps me sane when the pain picks up...I did try the local health centre give up scheme, but after a month or 2 they told me to start again, they reckoned that the hypertension it was causing gave more problems to my heart and general well being,than the risk of any other problems.
I started when I was 14, i`m now 71, other than my spinal problem, i`m as fit as a fiddle,
but for the last 30 years i`ve never smoked in the house or car
ALAN

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #23 on: 14 January 2013, 18:40:31 »

Hells bells, I couldn`t afford to smoke 80 a day, I used to be on about 40 till I injured my back, but being flat on ya back for a couple of months you have no option other than to stop, I do smoke occassionally...roll ups like a match stick..it just keeps me sane when the pain picks up...I did try the local health centre give up scheme, but after a month or 2 they told me to start again, they reckoned that the hypertension it was causing gave more problems to my heart and general well being,than the risk of any other problems.
I started when I was 14, i`m now 71, other than my spinal problem, i`m as fit as a fiddle,

phew.. you smoked all those years and still can breathe :o   :y :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 January 2013, 18:44:17 »

Well it's just under a couple of days so early doors yet.Whenever I've had the craving[often]I've said to myself "I can do this" and the craving has seemed to subside,so do you know I CAN DO THIS,not only that I WILL DO THIS.Thanks for all your supportive posts,I reckon such things can,help out too.

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2013, 20:57:58 »

phew.. you smoked all those years and still can breathe :o   :y :y

Hi cem, yep, had a big physical mot the other year and they were amazed by my lung power and how clear my lungs / breathing sounded, i`ve never been a pysical, keep fit person, spent the last 10 years of my working life in a very demanding  / stressfull transport traffic office, where we all smoked like chimneys to stop us from slapping one another, and i`m a-1 fit as a fiddle,
 my back problem is a different kettle of fish, as I have severe degeneration of the spine, to which nothing can be done, other than keep taking the tablets.. :)..lifes a bitch init  ;D

Good luck to those giving it up, just count up all the pennies you are saving..£7 a pack..wow
ALAN

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2013, 21:49:53 »

Good luck to those giving it up, just count up all the pennies you are saving..£7 a pack..wow

Wow! So by giving up Baza will save nearly £200 a week!!!  :o :o :o

I've never smoked so I've no idea how hard or easy it is to give up..  :-\  but stick with it Baza it's gotta be worth the pain to save that sort of cash!!  :) 

Oh and apparently there might be some health benefits as well!!  ;D ;D ;D

Good Luck!!!!  :y :y :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 January 2013, 01:27:12 »

Jeez 80 a day :o I'm trying to get off 20 a day using an electronic ciggy which works quite well. I wish you the best and think of the cash you will have, £25 a day by my count.
but you dont save the money . :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 January 2013, 13:23:18 »

Last ciggy................7th October 1980

Brand.....................Players No 6

Price.......................51p ...for a pack of 20. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 January 2013, 14:16:47 »

Jeez 80 a day :o I'm trying to get off 20 a day using an electronic ciggy which works quite well. I wish you the best and think of the cash you will have, £25 a day by my count.
but you dont save the money . :y :y

Probably not.... but you certainly have more cash in your pocket to spend on other stuff!  :)  A lot of it in Baza's case!!!  8)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.