Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld hoovers  (Read 3266 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Handheld hoovers
« Reply #30 on: 19 February 2013, 18:40:05 »

We thought about a Dyson a few years back but Swmbo tried a Miele cat and dog and that was that,very powerful machine :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 February 2013, 18:44:23 »

They used to call a girl who lived at the end of our street 'Dyson'. Don't know why.

We had one called Electrolux. Nothing sucks like an Electrolux ::)
Retired

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 February 2013, 19:11:46 »

get a good stand up dyson with removable main hose for car work. much much much better suction.

or be sensible and take it to the polish at homebase and get them to do it  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STMO123

« Reply #33 on: 19 February 2013, 19:32:57 »

get a good stand up dyson with removable main hose for car work. much much much better suction.

or be sensible and take it to the polish at homebase and get them to do it  :y
We don't allow foreigners up this way.

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 19 February 2013, 20:27:47 »

* Except mains cords. Can't get 'em anywhere. And ours needs one

Without stealing thread, I've prob got a spare mains cord in the shed if you want it PM me!
I've got loads of cords. Its the grommets I'm struggling with, and its these that break, then knacker the cords
For £50 Dyson will service any Dyson back to working order iirc. :)

There are some parts not covered, the swappable tools and the motor maybe? But everything else's is covered. Expensive if all it needs is grommets or a cord, but worth remembering. Especially if it gets lobbed down the stairs by the Mrs. :o ::)
Only I'm not paying £50 for a replacement cord. Its Dyson being an arse, and no longer selling cords into the spares market... ...and as their cords are bespoke  >:(

Now i know my memory is poor, and I have Altzhiemers...and I've had an afternoon nap since I  posted, but I do seem to remember saying, £50 was expensive for a cord. I did say that didn't I? (Turns to everyone) ...didn't I say that? (Everyone nods) yes I though I did. Now where did I post that? (Turns to everyone) anyone seen where I posted that? (Everyone shouts) BEHIIIND YOU! (Looks up) oh yes! There it is up there look, WITH A BLOODY GREAT FLUORESCENT PEN THROUGH IT ! ;D :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 February 2013, 18:53:36 »

* Except mains cords. Can't get 'em anywhere. And ours needs one

Without stealing thread, I've prob got a spare mains cord in the shed if you want it PM me!
I've got loads of cords. Its the grommets I'm struggling with, and its these that break, then knacker the cords
For £50 Dyson will service any Dyson back to working order iirc. :)

There are some parts not covered, the swappable tools and the motor maybe? But everything else's is covered. Expensive if all it needs is grommets or a cord, but worth remembering. Especially if it gets lobbed down the stairs by the Mrs. :o ::)
Only I'm not paying £50 for a replacement cord. Its Dyson being an arse, and no longer selling cords into the spares market... ...and as their cords are bespoke  >:(

Now i know my memory is poor, and I have Altzhiemers...and I've had an afternoon nap since I  posted, but I do seem to remember saying, £50 was expensive for a cord. I did say that didn't I? (Turns to everyone) ...didn't I say that? (Everyone nods) yes I though I did. Now where did I post that? (Turns to everyone) anyone seen where I posted that? (Everyone shouts) BEHIIIND YOU! (Looks up) oh yes! There it is up there look, WITH A BLOODY GREAT FLUORESCENT PEN THROUGH IT ! ;D :P
But I said that all I needed was a gromet/cord, and your replied with their repair service, which I said was too exp... ...oh never mind...

//TB goes off to find that brick wall and some aspirin
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.