Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the PM needs to be shot!  (Read 2107 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: the PM needs to be shot!
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2008, 19:24:23 »

I can't vote on the subject because I don't think it should be legalised for recreational use but I do think it should be licensed (legalised) for medicinal purposes!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

waspy

« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2008, 19:24:26 »

What ever we all decide, just shoot the arse anyway  ;D

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2008, 20:20:54 »

wft? will whoever put the poll on please remove it? not once has it been about whats good for us (if it was everything from fast food to alcohol  would be banned!), its about what the government are doing, ignoring advise from 25 professionals and doing the opposite which will only result in more problems in the long run(something labour obvious know they wont have to deal with).

if an adult whats to consume cannabis then, just like alcohol or tobacco, the should be allowed to.

Also my friend smokes the stuff (has been for 15 years) and i done a little research into the whole mental health issues, and funnily enough, it was mostly people in the working - lower class or highly stressful environments who suffered problems. those who were prone to the illness's in the first place, also as i was researching it, every time there was some sort of horrific incident (ie the solider who murdered his family) was blamed on the use of cannabis, even though the people close to him said that he wasn't getting the help that he deserved from the NHS who were just throwing tablet after tablet at him. which started me thinking that maybe the government was using the rising use of cannabis as a cover-up for there no-existent mental health services, but thats another story!
« Last Edit: 07 May 2008, 20:26:52 by 106rallye »
sideways is the way forward!

albitz

« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2008, 20:27:43 »

i strongly disagree.i have seen the horrific results of the mental health issues of cannabis use on someone very close to me.an intelligent well educated person who would tell  anyone who asked that the problem was from cannibus use.it doesnt affect everyone in this way but it is playing russian roullette with your own mind if you decide to find out wether or not you are one of the unfortunates.

HolyCount

« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2008, 20:29:16 »

wft? will whoever put the poll on please remove it? not once has it been about whats good for us (if it was everything from fast food to alcohol  would be banned!), its about what the government are doing, ignoring advise from 25 professionals and doing the opposite which will only result in more problems in the long run(something labour obvious know they wont have to deal with).

This Gov always does that --- spends god knows what on advice then does what it wants anyway!

I agree with Waspy on this one  ;D

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2008, 20:32:44 »

Why didnt you stick with the original post name as the pole...should the PM be shot? lol

Personally what really gauls me is the pathetic and useless waste of tax payers money to commission a report by the health advisors...then totally ignore what they say...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2008, 21:35:05 »

I think, as with legal drugs, it's down to personal preference whether you use it. As with legal drugs it's probably not much of an issue if used occasionally in moderation and a real danger if abused. It also probably depends on the person, just as drinking alcohol. I have friends who become total @rseh0les after a few drinks and friends who are happy drunks.

What the government needs to focus on is not the nannying aspects of controlling what people can choose to spend their life doing, but the effect it has on society. No one can argue that the trade in illegal drugs is harming society, probably more than the effects to individual users. Drug use, due mainly to its' legal status, carries with it a wave of crime and exploitation which affects everyone, not just the few who choose to indulge, and that's what the government and Police need to focus on destroying.

To a certain extent the Dutch approach of legalising, within limits, less harmful drugs so it blows the whole black market open and allows them to deal with the elephant in the room, and also control quality, has some merit. Not a very "British" way of doing things though.

I know that whilst I don't have a strong opinion on it at the moment, it would be a different story if some junkie broke into my car to finance their next fix.

I believe the Police have issued a statement saying it won't radically change their response to personal posession so it seems the whole exercise was just another new labour headline-grabbing bit of spin.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

miggy

« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2008, 18:22:57 »

Looks like its a no then :y :y :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 17 queries.