Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: VIC check  (Read 6848 times)

Big_Al

Re: VIC check
« Reply #60 on: 31 March 2013, 09:46:36 »

When mine was written off for a rear wing, bumper and tailgate, it was Cat C and needed a VIC.

In the space of a week it had one MoT (with advisories), VIC, second MoT at a different testing station having completed the advisory work (needs to be advisory free for my council).  My car has never changed hands, but reissued V5 has a note on it saying summat along lines of 'Category C, substantial damage/repair'.

Al, I would suggest getting yours through a VIC, just to be sure.

The only reason a seller of a Cat C/D vehicle that they have repaired won't present it for a VIC is because they know it will be flagged up for summat :-\

Question is whether a VIC is covered by the same rules as an MoT with regard to tax/current MoT :-\ Suspect that if DVLA won't issue a new V5 without a VIC, then you won't be able to buy tax either until it's done. So to/from prearranged 'test' only unless on a trailer :-\

Worth a call or pop into your nearest VOSA test site just to clarify...

Thats it Al  . .  the VIC has to be done before I can get the car taxed. Tried with the green slip part of the old V5 but the car has

been "flagged" by DVLA as needing a VIC before a new V5 is issued or the new owner can tax it .

Vosa say it is legal to drive the car without tax, to their centre on the day the test is booked for .and if it passes they

"electronically" send details to the DVLA computer & you can then tax that vehicle from that day with the green slip  if required .

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #61 on: 31 March 2013, 20:17:40 »

Looks like someone has put a bid on it. Apart from the VIC / CAT C bussines it looks a tidy car inside and out.

05omegav6

« Reply #62 on: 31 March 2013, 20:41:23 »

Looks like someone has put a bid on it. Apart from the VIC / CAT C bussines it looks a tidy car inside and out.
...with no MoT or Tax ::)

Still stoopid is as stoopid does ::)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 01 April 2013, 10:47:42 »

Date of test:07/11/2011Certificate issued (Pass)

Odometer reading:79,334 MilesTest number:537241911380Test station name:MARTIN RUMBLETest station number:V105781Test station telephone number:02476 321000Test class:IVTest expiry date:16/11/2012No Advisory Notice issued

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date of test:01/04/2013Certificate issued (Pass)

Odometer reading:87,889 MilesTest number:669351893086Test station name:THE TEST CENTRE DEPTFORDTest station number:9966ADTest station telephone number:Tel 0208-691-9827Test class:IVTest expiry date:31/03/2014No Advisory Notice issued

Seller has advised Car has passed Mot today however some things don,t seem to stack up.

It would appear that it was stated that old MOT expired on 31/03/2013 but after doing a Vosa search it seems that it expired 16/11/2012 therefore when the car was "hit in the snow whilst parked " it had no current MOT.

I assume this would mean that any insurance on the car was void therfore the insurance company would have made no payout.!!

If so the repairs, whilst they look fine,must have been done as cheap as possible to get the car to a point it could be sold.

Think this is probably why the seller is reluctant to have a VIC test done...think this really looks a "Lemon"

05omegav6

« Reply #64 on: 01 April 2013, 14:41:54 »

Done well to get an MoT done on a bank holiday as well :-X

Big_Al

« Reply #65 on: 01 April 2013, 15:42:46 »

Date of test:07/11/2011Certificate issued (Pass)

Odometer reading:79,334 MilesTest number:537241911380Test station name:MARTIN RUMBLETest station number:V105781Test station telephone number:02476 321000Test class:IVTest expiry date:16/11/2012No Advisory Notice issued

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date of test:01/04/2013Certificate issued (Pass)

Odometer reading:87,889 MilesTest number:669351893086Test station name:THE TEST CENTRE DEPTFORDTest station number:9966ADTest station telephone number:Tel 0208-691-9827Test class:IVTest expiry date:31/03/2014No Advisory Notice issued

Seller has advised Car has passed Mot today however some things don,t seem to stack up.

It would appear that it was stated that old MOT expired on 31/03/2013 but after doing a Vosa search it seems that it expired 16/11/2012 therefore when the car was "hit in the snow whilst parked " it had no current MOT.

I assume this would mean that any insurance on the car was void therfore the insurance company would have made no payout.!!

If so the repairs, whilst they look fine,must have been done as cheap as possible to get the car to a point it could be sold.

Think this is probably why the seller is reluctant to have a VIC test done...think this really looks a "Lemon"

A lemon that has gone badly off  . . .    this whole situation  "Smells"  nasty IMO ::) ::)  best left well alone  ;) ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 01 April 2013, 16:12:26 »

Well when the 'sprayer' repainted the bumper he sprayed the lower grill the same colour as well, there's a clip missing off the bumper on the nearside top and a clip missing off the nearside headlight trim. I note also that the number plate is cracked so as soon as water gets into that it'll need a new number plate to pass the MOT.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #67 on: 01 April 2013, 16:29:05 »

Does say on their website, they're open bank holidays  :y

Tho i also noticed, it says they dont do repairs, also if they dont pass your car, you dont pay. Kinda makes me wonder how lenient they are  :-\ 

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 01 April 2013, 16:39:09 »

It does have af full years ticket as got the seller to email me a copy this morning as curiosity was getting the better of me  ;D

Car was hit in early Novemebr 2012 and seller obtained bits from ebay to repair it...another bumper and reinforcing section/bonnet/ all from another breaker (radiator new ).

Repairs were done after he was advised insurance would pay out and allowed him to buy the car back so gap in dates on MOT record.

Advised he has had a dealer make the bid and is prepared to take the car without a Vosa VIC certificate

Big_Al

« Reply #69 on: 01 April 2013, 16:54:05 »

Does say on their website, they're open bank holidays  :y

Tho i also noticed, it says they dont do repairs, also if they dont pass your car, you dont pay. Kinda makes me wonder how lenient they are  :-\

garage near me does that but at the bottom of the sign in very small writing is : cars up to 6 years old only  ;)

ted_one

« Reply #70 on: 01 April 2013, 16:58:30 »

The dealer is'nt going to bid this car up any further as he needs to make money on the deal,so at this point the seller if what he's saying is correct is'nt going to make much at this stage as I'm sure it won't be any where close to the expected £1550.Bit of Hans Christian Anderson going on here :-\

hashmav

• Croydon
    • Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01 April 2013, 18:18:57 »

Hi all my Name is Hash, I am selling the Elite 3.2V. I read all the comments and happy for all your comments and can understand everyone's concern regards VIC test. I have stated I will provide full refund if the VIC Tests fails. I had new MOT done today and passed without any advisory. I can do the VIC test if the buyer is willing to wait for the appointment to come through. I can get the tax for the winning buyer but they would need to pay for it, I have all the relevant documents. The car has been repaired and restored fully and there is no fault with the car. I have all the receipts from the past 2 owners to verify the service history of the car and all the historical MOT certificates, the Cambelt replacements done by main dealers. If still not satisfy please don't bid on the car I will re-list the car at higher price once I have the VIC test certificate to hand. The car advertised at much reduced price. I know in the previous post where 300 was valued, at the end of the day I am selling the car so it will be my decision to sell and obviously it is your decision to offer what you feel is right. We all have our own opinion and so rightfully we should. Thanks again for all comments.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01 April 2013, 18:25:11 »

at the end of the day I am selling the car so it will be my decision to sell and obviously it is your decision to offer what you feel is right. We all have our own opinion and so rightfully we should.
Can't disagree with that :y
Grumpy old man

dbdb

• west london
  • Tramlining,Trade Club,WIM,my time racing,Linux etc
    • f/l elite 2.6 V6 manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 02 April 2013, 00:58:35 »

there is a nice "52" 3.2 MV6 Saloon on AutoTrader (a tad on the expensive side though) was going to possibly look at it but I'm going to try and hold out for an Elite.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303265956649?atmobcid=soc3

That one says "Automatic ( 5 Speed With Sports Option ) "  There are no 5 speed auto migs are there (unless its Italian and you count reverse)?

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #74 on: 02 April 2013, 01:21:51 »

there is a nice "52" 3.2 MV6 Saloon on AutoTrader (a tad on the expensive side though) was going to possibly look at it but I'm going to try and hold out for an Elite.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303265956649?atmobcid=soc3

That one says "Automatic ( 5 Speed With Sports Option ) "  There are no 5 speed auto migs are there (unless its Italian and you count reverse)?
Seller has also upped the price from £1795 to £1995 usually the price goes down not up  ;D

Maybe he had more calls when I put the link up and thought it was to cheap possibly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.