Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking sensors not working...  (Read 29080 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Parking sensors not working...
« Reply #90 on: 19 May 2013, 21:46:55 »

Why wasn't the speaker near the sunroof then I wonder unless its under that black foam padding which is glued to the roof  :-\
Don't worry about the factory fit speaker, just fit another one.
Suggested that. I use a modified tweeter and it works a treat, more reliable and a lot easier to source
Oh that's what you mean by modified tweeter, Could someone put a link up for one
Reply #65 in this thread. Do you not read all replies or are you just selective ::) ::)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 19 May 2013, 22:00:45 »

Personally, I'd just fit any car speaker to the connections in order to see if you actually get any sound at all ... or connect a "noise" source to your existing speaker to check it out ...

Until you KNOW if the speaker is good or bad you can't use it for any form of fault finding .. it might be a perfectly good speaker and you have no power to the box, or the box is duff .....  :(

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 19 May 2013, 22:22:49 »

Why wasn't the speaker near the sunroof then I wonder unless its under that black foam padding which is glued to the roof  :-\
Suggested that. I use a modified tweeter and it works a treat, more reliable and a lot easier to source
Oh that's what you mean by modified tweeter, Could someone put a link up for one
Reply #65 in this thread. Do you not read all replies or are you just selective ::) ::)
You can lead a horse to water.....

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 19 May 2013, 22:24:35 »

I did see the post I just presumed that was a way to fix it  :-\ I don't normally attempt to fix issues like these.

Did try and put in reverse with the resistor and without no noise whatsoever.. Can't tell if there are any lose wires where the box is its in a awkward place to see.

Personally, I'd just fit any car speaker to the connections in order to see if you actually get any sound at all ... or connect a "noise" source to your existing speaker to check it out ...

Until you KNOW if the speaker is good or bad you can't use it for any form of fault finding .. it might be a perfectly good speaker and you have no power to the box, or the box is duff .....  :(
Any car speaker can't say I have one lying around would a PC external speaker do ?

05omegav6

« Reply #94 on: 19 May 2013, 22:36:51 »

Is there any particular way to remove the roof lining can't say I've removed one from an Omega before..

2 minutes in the maintenance guides would have led you straight to the guide for exactly that.

As has already been implied, one wonders why one bothers :-X

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 19 May 2013, 22:44:48 »

Is there any particular way to remove the roof lining can't say I've removed one from an Omega before..

2 minutes in the maintenance guides would have led you straight to the guide for exactly that.

As has already been implied, one wonders why one bothers :-X
Indeed.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 19 May 2013, 22:56:09 »

Any car speaker can't say I have one lying around would a PC external speaker do ?
[/quote]

Can't see why not.. all you want is sound not HiFi !!  Worth a try IMHO

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 19 May 2013, 23:09:03 »

Can't see why not.. all you want is sound not HiFi !!  Worth a try IMHO
[/quote]

Will have another go tomorrow to try and find any wires on the passenger side.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 19 May 2013, 23:16:15 »

Control box is up in the space behind the spare wheel, between the "skin" for want of a better description, speaker lead is quite long and the plug can be reached without taking the box out, but its only held in with 2 screws anyway ... :)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 19 May 2013, 23:25:24 »

Control box is up in the space behind the spare wheel, between the "skin" for want of a better description, speaker lead is quite long and the plug can be reached without taking the box out, but its only held in with 2 screws anyway ... :)
Aye I saw the box used the phone to take pic's of it to see it uploaded one of it on previous page #76 if that's the correct box..

Did take a few pictures of it here's some more.

Did take the roof padding off around the sunroof area didn't see any wires or anything really apart from some black foam padding squares probably sound proofing :-\. Picture below is of the roof lining down near sunroof can't see much in picture but there was no wires visible anywhere .

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 19 May 2013, 23:31:52 »

you can see the speaker wire plug there quite easily .. brown wires ... my next act would be to unplug and use a 9v battery across the speaker side and see if you can hear "clicks" as you make/break the connection ... very crude way of testing a speaker ......   :(

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 19 May 2013, 23:55:09 »

you can see the speaker wire plug there quite easily .. brown wires ... my next act would be to unplug and use a 9v battery across the speaker side and see if you can hear "clicks" as you make/break the connection ... very crude way of testing a speaker ......   :(

The 2 light and dark brows wires in the 2nd / 3rd picture are the parking sensor speaker wires then.

Will try and trace the wires to the speaker hopefully tomorrow.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 21 May 2013, 17:02:19 »

The 2 light and dark brows wires in the 2nd / 3rd picture are the parking sensor speaker wires then.

Any further forward with this ???
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 21 May 2013, 17:31:44 »

Any further forward with this ???
Haven't had time yet Rob

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 21 May 2013, 19:36:50 »

Well that's it for now giving up again  :P  ::)

Been pulling things apart this evening trying to find this thing to no avail..

Unless I can connect a speaker in the boot i'll leave this job till a later date.

Some pics of today's waste of time spent.

I Appreciate all the help nevertheless.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.