Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Teenagers  (Read 3011 times)

MR MISTER

Teenagers
« on: 30 May 2013, 15:57:04 »

As many of you know, my son Ben, who turned 14 last week, has aspergers. He was in his bedroom last week doing his Beavis and Butthead kind of laugh. I asked what he was doing and he told me that he was watching YouTube videos on his iPad. I asked him to show me and he did.
Well, I have never seen anything so banal, stupid, childish and, mainly, unfunny. I thought to myself that he was going to have a lonely adult life if his aspergers didn't moderate. Poor lad.
He had friends round yesterday and, this time, a chorus of Beavis and Buttheads. Again I enquired as to the source of the jollity and again was shown the videos.
So........either all of Bens friends suffer from aspergers or this is normal behaviour for young teenagers. Neither option bears thinking about.

The one bit of solace I can glean from this is that, when I was a young teenager, I used to wet myself at Monty Python. My dad thought I was nuts. Maybe it's just a generational thing. Hope so. :(

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Teenagers
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2013, 16:04:20 »

Nah you're just an old fart with no sense of humour Ste :P
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

MR MISTER

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2013, 16:08:15 »

Nah you're just an old fart with no sense of humour Ste :P
Ah....a third option. ;D

cleggy

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2013, 16:14:12 »

As many of you know, my son Ben, who turned 14 last week, has aspergers. He was in his bedroom last week doing his Beavis and Butthead kind of laugh. I asked what he was doing and he told me that he was watching YouTube videos on his iPad. I asked him to show me and he did.
Well, I have never seen anything so banal, stupid, childish and, mainly, unfunny. I thought to myself that he was going to have a lonely adult life if his aspergers didn't moderate. Poor lad.
He had friends round yesterday and, this time, a chorus of Beavis and Buttheads. Again I enquired as to the source of the jollity and again was shown the videos.
So........either all of Bens friends suffer from aspergers or this is normal behaviour for young teenagers. Neither option bears thinking about.

The one bit of solace I can glean from this is that, when I was a young teenager, I used to wet myself at Monty Python. My dad thought I was nuts. Maybe it's just a generational thing. Hope so. :(

I wonder where he gets it from  ??? ::) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2013, 16:20:23 »

I wonder where he gets it from  ??? ::) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Indeed Cleggy, a case of father like son me thinks! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MR MISTER

« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2013, 16:22:22 »

I'll get STEMO.com to you two. :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2013, 16:37:44 »

STMO is a miserable old bastard at the best of times.

Now aged 112.....he was born aged 64. ;D ;D ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2013, 18:11:58 »

well stumpo . progresssed from wetting himself to shite ing the bed seems like a natuaral progression

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2013, 18:16:35 »

but on a serious note its a bit like face book all the younger generation laugh at some of theses public stunts they do and put the video on face book, and i have not really seen a funny one yet, maybe i am just getting older.

must admit in my younger days a group of us did do the last chicken show in the co-op, we did not have a video phone in those days just beer

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2013, 18:21:23 »

Beavis and Butthead were in when I was a kid and I'm 30 now. Nice to see kids of today know about it as it is hilarious. You, STE-HOMO are just a miserable old fekker!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2013, 18:30:30 »

they grow up with many tv channels and internet .. so a high percentage of them dont know how to develop social relations..

not unusual imo :-\

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2013, 18:35:39 »

I visited a mate today-his 2 teenage kids never looked up from their phones for the 3 hours I was there :o and that's normal apparently ???
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2013, 18:56:08 »

I visited a mate today-his 2 teenage kids never looked up from their phones for the 3 hours I was there :o and that's normal apparently ???

maybe they thought you were boring  ;) ;) :-*

MR MISTER

« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2013, 18:57:08 »

Who was?

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2013, 18:58:48 »

;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.