Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: bmw 530  (Read 24974 times)

05omegav6

Re: bmw 530
« Reply #150 on: 06 October 2013, 00:59:31 »

A quick search on Autotrader and £9k looks like a good price tbh :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #151 on: 06 October 2013, 01:01:27 »

A quick search on Autotrader and £9k looks like a good price tbh :y

A good price to entice a buyer to a quick sale ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 06 October 2013, 01:05:21 »

i give up

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 06 October 2013, 01:13:29 »

Don't give up!, but in answer to your question.  I'd be pestering the police everyday to find out what is happening in their investigation.  You must have a crime number and contact, so be a pain in the arse!  ::)  You've lost a lot of money, are a victim of a crime and have a right to know what's going on!  ::)

You have the address where you bought the car from so you can find out who owns the property which is a start and the name of the fella that took your cash although that's probably false.  Get on the net, it's amazing what you can find out. Google, facebook, Land Registry, The Phonebook, 192.com, Electoral Roll it's all out there, and yes if needs be go back there knock on a few doors talk to the neighbours! What sort of neighbourhood was it nice? rough? If it's a rough area I doubt anyone will want to know, but if it's nice then people might be quite talkative!  ;) To be honest I doubt the police have done very much, especially if they think you're not bothered....  ::)

The other thing I'd do is forget the Beemer and buy a nice cheap car for the time being as Al suggests! How about an Omega?  ;)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 06 October 2013, 01:34:10 »

Shall we just cut to the chase, you bought a car, paid cash and there is a problem with it, you have no choice but to live with your decision........ :( :(

Why are we running round in circles, sadly OP has been foolish and lost out bigtime, you can talk all you want but that is the bottom line............... :-X

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 06 October 2013, 10:56:48 »

Shall we just cut to the chase, you bought a car, paid cash and there is a problem with it, you have no choice but to live with your decision........ :( :(

Why are we running round in circles, sadly OP has been foolish and lost out bigtime, you can talk all you want but that is the bottom line............... :-X

TBH, it's starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch :-X I still find it amazing that the OP is grasping at straws... He broke all the rules when buying a car, accepted a load of BS to give reason for the V5 to be wrong and even ignored the warning that an HPI is only good up to £3k cash. It's very sad, but there was a reason that car was so cheap and seemed too good to be true :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 06 October 2013, 12:13:16 »

Very sorry for the OP, but what also concerns me is that this HPI check appears to be useless at protecting unwary buyers. :o :o :o

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 06 October 2013, 15:00:30 »

TBH, it's starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch :-X I still find it amazing that the OP is grasping at straws... He broke all the rules when buying a car, accepted a load of BS to give reason for the V5 to be wrong and even ignored the warning that an HPI is only good up to £3k cash. It's very sad, but there was a reason that car was so cheap and seemed too good to be true :-X ::)

Not only that but it was a brand new eBay account, with zero feedback. Lots of warning signs  :(

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 06 October 2013, 15:51:38 »

so did the seller live at the house? as you cant rent a house these days without refrences etc did you go in the house?i aways ask to use the toilet when buying a car
but as others say chase the police make a noise bug them every day have they passed it to there fraud department
id also do that 200 mile journey and ask around and talk to next door as people don't always talk to the police
I feel for you as loseing that amount of money has got to hard espcilly after doing a hpi check.
good luck

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 06 October 2013, 23:11:47 »

Very sorry for the OP, but what also concerns me is that this HPI check appears to be useless at protecting unwary buyers. :o :o :o

It clearly states that it's only good for £3k cash ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #160 on: 07 October 2013, 00:02:19 »

Channel 109 SKY at the moment. Cops,cars & criminals. Its about cases almost identical to this. A guy who paid £13k for a stolen discovery was asked for a similar amount by the insurance company when he asked if he could buy it from them when they had it seized from him. He offered them £1000 and they accepted it. Got to be worth a try. ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 07 October 2013, 09:28:15 »

It clearly states that it's only good for £3k cash ;)

Ahhh right, having never used it I assumed it was a Govt. sponsored system to protect buyers. ???

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 15 October 2013, 23:34:06 »

just an update for the ones that helped me on this,     Insurance are going to pay 5k out of the 8 i paid,    ended up buying the car back for 6k so well under price for a 2008 535 fully loaded,   no record on hpi as already checked so can easily move on if need be and all numbers being changed back by bmw for £300

Thanks

05omegav6

« Reply #163 on: 15 October 2013, 23:41:54 »

Not sure how those numbers work :-\ but if you're happy then great :y

Just hope the car behaves itself :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 16 October 2013, 09:39:50 »

just an update for the ones that helped me on this,     Insurance are going to pay 5k out of the 8 i paid,    ended up buying the car back for 6k so well under price for a 2008 535 fully loaded,   no record on hpi as already checked so can easily move on if need be and all numbers being changed back by bmw for £300

Thanks

I must be stupid but I make this ....

You paid £8000

They paid you £5000

Loss stands at £3000

You buy the car for £6000

Cost stands at £9000

BMW charge £300 to do admin

Costs stands at £9300

and earlier you said you spent £870 on bits for it

so car has actually cost you £10170 ??? plus all the phone calls/letters/hassle ???

But if you are happy ... your call  :y :y :y :y :y :y
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.