Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Self Levelling issues  (Read 9956 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Self Levelling issues
« Reply #75 on: 25 October 2013, 11:45:47 »

Where's the PRV? It seems to be an exhaust from the pump
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 25 October 2013, 12:21:03 »

The solenoid valve that relieves pressure from the shocks when the ECU decides the car is too high. ;)

The pump exhausts into the shocks. it just has an air intake exposed at the front of the car.

When you are testing the pump, is the levelling ECU still connected? Just wondering if it's opening the relief valve as the car starts to rise? Failing that, the valve is leaky and causing the pressure in the system to leak away. Not sure if it can be stripped down and cleaned / checked. Might be worth a try?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 25 October 2013, 22:46:34 »

The solenoid valve that relieves pressure from the shocks when the ECU decides the car is too high. ;)

The pump exhausts into the shocks. it just has an air intake exposed at the front of the car.

When you are testing the pump, is the levelling ECU still connected? Just wondering if it's opening the relief valve as the car starts to rise? Failing that, the valve is leaky and causing the pressure in the system to leak away. Not sure if it can be stripped down and cleaned / checked. Might be worth a try?

After demolishing a knackered one I'm not so sure what's what Kevin. I have 2 pumps giving identical symptoms.

I suppose it could be sensor related :-\ Although that's been changed too... I have another one now so could try it I suppose

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 25 October 2013, 23:54:07 »

Oh... And I know What it is... I asked where it was ;)

chrisgixer

« Reply #79 on: 26 October 2013, 09:15:01 »

Can someone with fully functioning S/L suspension check something for me please?

When the pump runs, is there air felt coming out of the little hose that runs up and is clipped to the o/s headlamp?

Got some fiddling to do with the car today. Do you still need answers to this?

Ans.... Purely for test purposes, would blocking the vent pipe see the additional pressure go to the rear? (And see the car rise)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 26 October 2013, 13:37:44 »

Can someone with fully functioning S/L suspension check something for me please?

When the pump runs, is there air felt coming out of the little hose that runs up and is clipped to the o/s headlamp?

Got some fiddling to do with the car today. Do you still need answers to this?

Ans.... Purely for test purposes, would blocking the vent pipe see the additional pressure go to the rear? (And see the car rise)

Yes please and tried that

chrisgixer

« Reply #81 on: 26 October 2013, 15:25:45 »

My pump runs, but no air output.

If Nyone is feeling generous...

I think the pump vent is this pipe. LD needs to know if it also blows air as well as pumping air to the shocks. I believe.

chrisgixer

« Reply #82 on: 26 October 2013, 15:27:07 »

( If i have this correct....It's the one clipped to the edge of the slam panel, by the rusty torx bolt holding the plastic rad cover, with white writing on. I can't confirm as my pump is faulty )
« Last Edit: 26 October 2013, 15:29:03 by chrisgixer »

05omegav6

« Reply #83 on: 26 October 2013, 15:41:11 »

I'll have another rummage, but I'll be boggered if I can remember where I reattached it when I replaced that panel :-\

Think the air intake is on the pump body...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 26 October 2013, 15:55:14 »

That's the one Chris :y

The pump has 3 nipples... 2 of them link through a Tee piece and that terminates where Chris has pictured. Th third is the output to the shocks, after going through some sort of chamber.

For info, the pump is actually a little piston driven by the electric motor. I will take pictures next time I go to my unit :y

05omegav6

« Reply #85 on: 26 October 2013, 16:15:34 »

That implies two valves, one for pump overpressure, the one that has presumably failed, and one for system release following switch on after unloading.

Guess the first is a simple mechanical valve, and the second controlled by the ecu and switched by the load level sensor :-\

Can't see it being an intake tbh...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 26 October 2013, 17:50:34 »

That implies two valves, one for pump overpressure, the one that has presumably failed, and one for system release following switch on after unloading.

Guess the first is a simple mechanical valve, and the second controlled by the ecu and switched by the load level sensor :-\

Can't see it being an intake tbh...

Not sure... I assume one is for pressure relief (if over height) but the other appears to be to release the air generated on the down stroke of the piston, judging from the layout/position :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 26 October 2013, 18:15:58 »

If you can post/find some images of the pump it might help. I remember it being reasonably easy to identify the components last time I had one in my hand, but having an MV6... ::)

One pipe could be the pump inlet, or a breather from the crank chamber of the pump. Can't remember, but it may have had a foam filter over the intake, though. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #88 on: 26 October 2013, 18:16:44 »

Just had a brainwave...it's ok, I'm sitting down :y

System fitted was from an estate wasn't it? Obviously the shocks are estate ones as not interchangeable but a saloon ecu would expect a different range from a saloon to an estate due to the differing rear axle weights...

No mention of an ECU in the wiring for the self levelling (Haynes) which makes the wiring look pretty fool proof.

The sensor switching a relay to control the pump/valve unit, with a speed signal feed to shut of the pump. What happens between connections X20 and X21 is anyones guess :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #89 on: 26 October 2013, 18:28:36 »

To rule it out, remove the white wire from the pump plug,  :y then use the sensor to run the pump. If the car rises, then there's something wrong with the check valve circuit, either the wire itself or the sensor :y

There should only be four wires to the pump...

1. RT red +12v permanent. From Fuse 27. Pin C on plug.
2. SW black +12v switched. From Fuse 15, via relay. Pin B on plug.
3. BR brown 0v ground. Pin D on plug.
4. WS white. From K21 Sensor-car level control. Pin A on plug.

:y

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.