Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Curious  (Read 28318 times)

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Just Curious
« Reply #165 on: 23 January 2014, 00:32:34 »

If the breathers were blocked I would not have those fumes coming out of y pipe while it's disconnected?again that's my understanding.
I have tis2000 so I'll look it up on that to see if I find anything.
Also have epc3 if anyone needs part numbers.

Now is that a statement or a question? Clearly they are not blocked at the crank case end on the y pipe. But are they are blocked AT THE PLENUM END. Therefor the pressure is NOT ESCAPING INTO THE PLENUM. At all.

Look up cam covers, o rings and black goo while your there.

For the millionth time my breathers are clear top bottom and everywhere else. And I'm well aware how to clean them and to use genuine parts and black goo

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 23 January 2014, 00:35:05 »

Your telling me that there has to be vacuum in order for the gases to get from crankcase to plenum and as far as I can see that's wrong. Crankcase pressure is created through blow by gases. Not vaccuum. The cam cover gaskets don't suck in, they blow out.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2014, 00:36:55 by dublin.jd »

chrisgixer

« Reply #167 on: 23 January 2014, 00:35:29 »

If the breathers were blocked I would not have those fumes coming out of y pipe while it's disconnected?again that's my understanding.
I have tis2000 so I'll look it up on that to see if I find anything.
Also have epc3 if anyone needs part numbers.

Now is that a statement or a question? Clearly they are not blocked at the crank case end on the y pipe. But are they are blocked AT THE PLENUM END. Therefor the pressure is NOT ESCAPING INTO THE PLENUM. At all.

Look up cam covers, o rings and black goo while your there.

For the millionth time my breathers are clear top bottom and everywhere else. And I'm well aware how to clean them and to use genuine parts and black goo

Maybe so, but your understanding of how the breathers work is wrong. That's what we're discussing here. You asked to be corrected. Remember?

chrisgixer

« Reply #168 on: 23 January 2014, 00:37:37 »

Your telling me that there has to be vacuum in order for the gases to get from crankcase to plenum and as far as I can see that's wrong.

They have to get there by NEGATIVE pressure, or there will be oil leaks from the crank case ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #169 on: 23 January 2014, 00:38:52 »

Your telling me that there has to be vacuum in order for the gases to get from crankcase to plenum and as far as I can see that's wrong.

They have to get there by NEGATIVE pressure, or there will be oil leaks from the crank case ::)

The negative pressure comes from intake vacuum from the plenum.

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 23 January 2014, 00:40:51 »

And again, my gaskets blew due to Their age and not from blocked breathers. And in that case it doesnt matter if u have clean breathers or prv's

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 23 January 2014, 00:42:51 »

Obviously it's the vacuum that sucks the gases to the intake. But that doesn't mean the crankcase is under negative pressure.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2014, 00:45:22 by dublin.jd »

chrisgixer

« Reply #172 on: 23 January 2014, 00:43:34 »

And again, my gaskets blew due to Their age and not from blocked breathers. And in that case it doesnt matter if u have clean breathers or prv's

Yes we know. But what's prv's...?

But again, we're discussing your understanding of how the breathers work.

Vacuum is the key, not pressure. Pressure is bad. Veeeery baaaaad.

chrisgixer

« Reply #173 on: 23 January 2014, 00:45:13 »

Obviously it's the vacuum that sucks the gases to the intake. But that doesn't mean the crankcase is under negative pressure.

Oh its obvious now is it? I thought it might be ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #174 on: 23 January 2014, 00:46:25 »

Your telling me that there has to be vacuum in order for the gases to get from crankcase to plenum and as far as I can see that's wrong. Crankcase pressure is created through blow by gases.
And the vacuum is created by the large breather pipe, with the Y in it, being connected directly to the throttle body.  That's a 2cm2 hose from the crankcase to the intake. Your camcovers leak because either the covers themselves are warped, the gaskets aren't fitted correctly or they have simply perished.

The oil is under pressure from the oil pump rather than crankcase air pressure, which is always NEGATIVE when the engine is running. Find a way to stop limit oil pressure under the cam covers and you'll stop them leaking, but not before the camshafts seize.

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 23 January 2014, 00:51:30 »

Would negative pressur in crankcase not suck more blow by gases in, therefore affecting performance?
Again just a question. It makes more sense to me for it to be at equal/atmospheric pressure.

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 23 January 2014, 00:52:55 »

Oh its obvious now is it? I thought it might be ;D
Read my earlier posts, I've always had that view.

chrisgixer

« Reply #177 on: 23 January 2014, 00:57:52 »

Constructive idea, remember that?

Understand your problem first. Then worry about meddling.

First thing to do then is gets done vacuum gauges and see where the pressures are.

But your wrong. Read my eatlier posts. That's always been my view. :)

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 23 January 2014, 00:58:31 »

Anyway I'm off to bed, hopefully I can sleep after the ridiculing I've just underwent! (joke) ;D
Thanks

chrisgixer

« Reply #179 on: 23 January 2014, 00:59:43 »

Your welcome. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.