Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Grand Scenic electronic handbrake  (Read 12938 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Renault Grand Scenic electronic handbrake
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2014, 09:46:37 »

Hill Start Assist and the EPB are two seperate systems.

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2014, 10:03:42 »

Typical management thinking...

If the car breaks in a really irritating, yet expensive way, the customer will simply trade it in for another one...

What they systematically fail to grasp is that customers will buy another car, from another manufacturer ::)

Exactly. But still, this Grand Scenic is by far the most comfortable car I have ever driven and I have driven many. Quiet, spacious, bright with glass roof, does have most of the "needed" equipment (raintronic, reversing sensors etc), goes straight with almost no need of any steering. Though on negative side the interior is very cheap-looking, seat cushions are very short with no support to thighs, front of the car is out of the sight making parking difficult until you learn where it goes, third row seats are practically useless unless you have passengers without legs... Value for money is excellent IMHO. Still the overall comfortability is better in Omega, Omega is more "sturdy".

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2014, 07:00:10 »

Sounds more like an electrical problem than a mechanical one. Could be one of a number of things -

There is a clutch position sensor on the clutch pedal that could be faulty / wires broke / rusty or contaminated this speaks to the ECU and can cause problems if it is in some way broken / not working as the unit will not respond in the correct way and get confused.

Also there's a manual release switch (inside the mechanism) also that throws up errors if it gets accidentally upset whilst stripping the unit down. 

When you replaced the relay did you check all the other circuits to see if they are continuous and don't have broken or burned bits?

As for getting a second-hand unit I've heard that you cannot interchange them as they are programmed to be used once only , However I know someone who picked up one that matched his car spec. exactly i.e. same model & gearbox and it worked  :-\ :-\ :-\
Double check all the multi plug at the motor and on both the hubs for broken wires inside the connectors. Ive fixed a few in the last 3 months and it was broken wires on the rear hubs where the sensor wire is attached

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2014, 07:20:31 »

Sounds more like an electrical problem than a mechanical one. Could be one of a number of things -

There is a clutch position sensor on the clutch pedal that could be faulty / wires broke / rusty or contaminated this speaks to the ECU and can cause problems if it is in some way broken / not working as the unit will not respond in the correct way and get confused.

Also there's a manual release switch (inside the mechanism) also that throws up errors if it gets accidentally upset whilst stripping the unit down. 

When you replaced the relay did you check all the other circuits to see if they are continuous and don't have broken or burned bits?

As for getting a second-hand unit I've heard that you cannot interchange them as they are programmed to be used once only , However I know someone who picked up one that matched his car spec. exactly i.e. same model & gearbox and it worked  :-\ :-\ :-\
Double check all the multi plug at the motor and on both the hubs for broken wires inside the connectors. Ive fixed a few in the last 3 months and it was broken wires on the rear hubs where the sensor wire is attached

There are no wires from handbrake module to the hubs? Or are there? Which wires do you mean? ABS sensor wires? ABS works fine, so does ESP/ASR.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2014, 08:09:50 »

No electrical wiring on the rear hubs, the only mulit-plug is the one to the main unit, and when you open the black box the wires leading to the motor & circuit board.

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2014, 10:34:15 »

No electrical wiring on the rear hubs, the only mulit-plug is the one to the main unit, and when you open the black box the wires leading to the motor & circuit board.

Yup, I agree, that's why my questions to "hoofing it".

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 May 2014, 06:36:27 »

Ok, now I have handbrake on the scenic again, bought a used unit which still was expensive but nevertheless needed this part to clear MOT. It works ok from the handle but the warning on dash is still on... sigh... I do have CLIP to use on my laptop but I'm not too familiar with this program so if anyone has any ideas or expertice on this please tell me where and what to click in CLIP to have this new unit configured correct and to get rid of this fault message.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.