Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Real world MPG  (Read 8323 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Real world MPG
« Reply #45 on: 20 May 2014, 12:39:06 »

over a year, the 3.0 auto was 23mpg and average speed of 22mph. The 2.5 auto was the same.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20 May 2014, 16:10:06 »

It depends on whether you brimmed it or not to be honest. Do you know how many litres you put in it and was it light to light on the gauge? It makes a lot of difference you know. ;)
I cant remember how many litres I put in but I did brim it ALL the way and was running on fumes when I got home. So tbh I probably got less than 31 cos there must've been a gallon up the filler pipe ;D
Regards,

Simon.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20 May 2014, 18:28:05 »

Funny nobody else on here seems to own one!!!
They usually get scrapped when the pump fails ;D

I know VXL V6 has/had a pair, although he is/has scrapping one due to failed pump.

For the size of car, they ain't bad :y, not up to modern standards, but a damn sight cheaper ;D
Grumpy old man

Jukeboxnut

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2004 2.2 auto CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20 May 2014, 20:55:35 »

My 2.2 auto estate is approximately 25mpg average around town and the best I have ever managed was 35.7mpg on a long motorway trip trying to keep to 70 and driving as carefully as possible.  My old 1995 2.0 auto estate managed over 40mpg on a couple of similar trips before I wrote it off.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 May 2014, 08:43:45 »

Funny nobody else on here seems to own one!!!
They usually get scrapped when the pump fails ;D

I know VXL V6 has/had a pair, although he is/has scrapping one due to failed pump.

For the size of car, they ain't bad :y, not up to modern standards, but a damn sight cheaper ;D

Aye, my 2.2DTi Elite lives on in a couple of other cars now, the rest of it is probably cubed and on a boat to China and the 2.2DTi CD Estate going the same way.

2.2 DTi Elite Saloon - 40 MPG - Mainly empty Motorway at silly O'clock on cruise control
2.2 DTi CD Estate - 33 MPG - used by Mrs VXL for a 5 mile commute into town through traffic
3.2 V6 Elite Saloon - 26 MPG - journey as per DTi Elite, 21 MPG when driving it properly off the motorway
2.6 V6 Elite Saloon with G cams - 26.8 MPG - journey as per DTi Elite

Not sure how accurate the CID is in the 2.6 as from full tank to start of red is around 460 whereas the 3.2 is 400.

In comparison to Mrs VXL's Estate, her 1.9 SEAT Alhambra 130 SE does 45MPG without trying, a lot more on a proper run.

Thing about the DTi's is the Torque, OK it's in a narrow band (Hence a manual box) but it's only 10NM less than a 3.2

MPG figures are easily skewed though when you consider the cost differences between the fuels.

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21 May 2014, 09:40:45 »

Yep, mine has already had a pump changed by the previous owner and it had only done about 116k then, what a stupid piece if kit to put in a diesel!

Lets see how long this one lasts, trouble is it's such a nice car.......but I still think my old 95 td was smooooooth compared to the clattery 4 pot.

Yep also agree with the torque, pulls harder than I expected and very useable once you get used to it, if a little peaky, that's why I was looking at a remap to maybe smooth out or extend the torque range a bit (and MPG).

As you say other diesels of the era do more mpg (wife's Golf 1.9pd does 48mpg without just about everywhere) but are usually not as heavy as our wagon's.

Around here petrol only works out about 3% cheaper so I more than make up for that in mpg......Until I factor in the price of another pump when I need one!! :'(

russtyruss

• broadstairs, Kent
    • omega 3.0 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21 May 2014, 23:24:41 »

i picked my 3.0 auto up from clacton on sea with just over a quarter tank of petrol, drove it back to margate which is about 133 ish miles, stuck to 70ish with the occasional 'spirited' overtake and averaged 31mpg and the petrol light came on about a hundred yards from my place. pretty good i thought!!

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 24 May 2014, 14:29:47 »

3.0V6 manual, 70mile trip a few weeks ago, 39.2mpg at fairly constant 70mph, 4 up with full boot.

My normal (50/50 urban/trunk road) back and forth to work, I can get it to about 32mpg if I go real easy, usually sits about 27/28 though cos I tend to drive it like I stole it.
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 May 2014, 22:21:07 »

2.5V6 Auto.  110 odd mile run this afternoon mostly motorway/dual carriageway where I sat at 70mph, then 30 odd miles windy country roads, up hill and down dell type stuff.  ::)  Averaged 26.9 mpg on the MID when I got home.  :)

Should add I had the roof rack with ladders on.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 May 2014, 22:28:01 »

27.4mpg over 140 miles today. Mainly twisty roads with about 35 miles dual carriageway. Mixed driving. A/C on all the time, It's running purely on Shell V Power Nitro fuel for the past month or so. Ever since using this fuel I'm certain it's better all round on economy and general running if the car... Could all be placebo affect though  ;D

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26 May 2014, 13:50:08 »

I tend to work on a basic of 25mpg on my 3.2 manual, usually one or two up. Even with a full complement of fat Northerners it doesn't usually dip below that...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

firemoth

• Preston, Lancashire
    • Vauxhall omega 2.2dti est
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 26 May 2014, 19:41:15 »

Just done a run from heysham, through morcambe, up a6 through carnforth and milnthorpe, across a590 to a65, down to the a683, down to gisburn, across a59 to tickle trout and home on motorway from there (bamber bridge, just off j29 m6). Didn't do "economy driving" as such but was mindful of it. Got 48.6mpg which I'm quite happy with :-). It's a 2.2dti estate

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 26 May 2014, 19:42:43 »

I tend to work on a basic of 25mpg on my 3.2 manual, usually one or two up. Even with a full complement of fat Northerners it doesn't usually dip below that...
Wow :o :y
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 26 May 2014, 20:22:57 »

Don,t really bother to look, i just some juice in when it reads 1/4 full and hope Missus doesn,t notice how much i spend. :D

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10 June 2014, 09:59:17 »

Hopefully I will be adding my 2.2 petrol, manual to the list very soon.  :y

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.