Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vodafone Again.  (Read 2001 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Vodafone Again.
« on: 19 July 2014, 15:20:19 »

As some know been with them a looong time, so tend to try a get some good deals from them where possible, although lately as more time goes on the more difficult it seems to get. Currently on a 12 month 3g Airtime only contract, which gets me 900 Mob mins, 1000 Land mins, Unlimited Text and 1Gb of Data all for £10.50 a month as Ive got a 50% Discount.

Any way gets a call yesterday from Vodafone Business go's something like this -

Voda, Hello, your 12 month contract is nearly up and your due an upgrade, would you like to go on one of our new 4G Red plans?
Me, How much?
Voda, Unlimited Call, Unlimited Text and 1GB of 4G, £21, same as what your paying now!
Me, but I get 50% off so is that still going to happen?
Voda, Oh, No, but I can give you 15% or a bit more Data.
Me, No Thanks, I'll stick to what Ive got.
Voda, Just to let you know when your Plan finished you will loss the 50% unless you up grade.
Me, Forget it then, I probably go, as Im sick and tied now of having to fight for a deal every 12 months when I've been with you for donkeys years.
Voda, let me talk to my Manager about that.
Me, Ok.
Voda, Cant do anything on 12 months, if you go with a New Phone and 24 months I could build a package for you and do a deal.
Me, Dont want a new Phone, and to be honest on the Airtime I'd sign up for 3 years if the price was right.
Voda, Give me a few mins.........Music.
Voda, Ok, Samsung Galaxy Fame, worth £85, cheapest phone I can put on a plan..
Me, How much?
Voda,...24 months Unlimited Calls and Text, First 3 months unlimited 4G Data there after 10 GB per month...
Me. 10GB!, ok, how much?
Voda, not finished yet, I throw in Vodafone Passport and EUro Travaler, so you can use your calls and data abroad, 24 Red Care, and 24 months of SkySports or Spotify or Netflix.
Me, How much?
Voda, £6 + Vat
Me, How much, no, forget that where do I sign.

:o :o :o :o

So anyone wonna buy a Sumsung Galaxy Fame!,  ;D  ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Vodafone Again.
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2014, 15:50:26 »

Well done, that IS a deal!
BT would not listen to me or co-operate in any way, which is why I left them after 47 years - can they see where they went wrong, there?......

Ron.

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2014, 17:28:01 »

That gives me a target when I phone them shortly!
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2014, 10:42:12 »

BT would not listen to me or co-operate in any way, which is why I left them after 47 years - can they see where they went wrong, there?......
As a (near) monopoly for consumer landland based services, BT would be in breach of its licence if it offered discounts for consumer landline services. It a simple case of a government run regulator making things more expensive for the public.

Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2014, 13:29:08 »

Good deal. Did you get Sky Sports, Spotify or Netflix?

My team built the Sky option and integration with Voda  :D

Wonder how they make a profit on that, I'm sure we charge Voda in the region of £4/m for each Sports Mobile user.  :-\

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2014, 13:57:34 »

I'm on O2 and just renewed for another 2 years after being with them for a good 15 years overall.

Managed to get

Unlimited calls, text and 2gig of internet, free answer machine messages on a 4G plan for 14 quid  :y
Also a nice new iPhone 4s for 10 quid a month interest free over the 2 years so pretty happy  :)

O2 are splitting the contract up between the phone and airtime so if your feeling flush and want to pay off the balance on the phone then you can upgrade when ever you feel its best for you  :y

Also to add the post about ios a few days ago, mine is running 7.1.2 with no problems whatsoever  :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2014, 14:20:05 »

I cannot wait for Vodafone to contact me, or even better one of it's 3rd parties.  Then I will have their nuts in a sling ready to fire at the ICO :y

Despite opting out of anything in my contract several months ago giving them permission to contact me or to send my details to any 3rd party, a warning letter sent after the first (albeit minor) infraction and a subsequent apology from management I am sure it is going to happen.  And when it does........muwahahahaha

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2014, 14:27:14 »

Mini me tried Vodafone for a couple of years.
Never again  :-X
With so much competition out there, you would think they would be pulling the stops out to keep customers but now days they just don't seem to give a toss  :(

Tbh, I can see mobile phone contracts ending up like car insurance.
Get near to the end and change provider  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2014, 17:42:46 »

I change to get the best deals, but I'm kinda forced onto the O2 network, as Voda simply doesn't work here (because they are mongrels, and mounted their 2 masts in the valley), and the EE pair and Three don't work rural.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2014, 17:55:42 »

That gives me a target when I phone them shortly!
Should do, dont quote me though, not sure if your get the same deal, think I was just lucky that they phoned me to up grade to 4G and not the other way round.

I did phone them back today, to see if I could mirror the deal on an additional number but they were having none of it. In fact the guy on the end said really not sure how youve managed to get that but glad your happy with it.

For the last few years Ive always gone down the Sim Only Airtime thing without a phone, which doesn't really rock my boat, if I need a new phone I'll go out and buy one when the need takes me rather than pay though the nose for a new one every 24 months.

But seems like if your prepared the do the 24 month thing and except a crap, cheapest or what ever there trying to get rid of, then a good Airtime deal package could be there to be had.  ;)
« Last Edit: 21 July 2014, 17:57:19 by zirk »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2014, 18:05:51 »

Wonder how they make a profit on that, I'm sure we charge Voda in the region of £4/m for each Sports Mobile user.  :-\
yea, any one of them, haven't decided which one yet.  :-\

Wont be Sky Sport Im afraid Tunnie, I'll do the few games that England play then thatsme done for the next 4 years  ;D,

Spotify package is the premium one, but from memory although its downloadable seem to remember its Encrypted to your device?, Netflix? no idea anything on there worth downloading, lets face it you want to watch the latest Films, you (cough) get them through other means.

Anyone recommend which package?  :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2014, 18:18:15 »

I change to get the best deals, but I'm kinda forced onto the O2 network, as Voda simply doesn't work here (because they are mongrels, and mounted their 2 masts in the valley), and the EE pair and Three don't work rural.

Nah, My Motorola M8989 Carphone had 3 - 4 Bars outside yours a few weeks back....

Mind you I suppose it's a class II device with a +4db hole mount antenna... Your just not giving that RF a chance!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2014, 19:19:58 »

Wont be Sky Sport Im afraid Tunnie, I'll do the few games that England play then thatsme done for the next 4 years  ;D,

Spotify package is the premium one, but from memory although its downloadable seem to remember its Encrypted to your device?, Netflix? no idea anything on there worth downloading, lets face it you want to watch the latest Films, you (cough) get them through other means.

Wise move, our product is a bit flaky  ;D ;D

I'd vote spotify, Netflix content is quite old go, you can go through it quite quickly.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 July 2014, 23:02:06 »

Wise move, our product is a bit flaky  ;D ;D

I'd vote spotify, Netflix content is quite old go, you can go through it quite quickly.
tbh dont think your sky app would work on my phone anyway, Nokia N9 Dual Boot running Meego or Sailfish?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 July 2014, 05:53:04 »

Nah, My Motorola M8989 Carphone had 3 - 4 Bars outside yours a few weeks back....

Mind you I suppose it's a class II device with a +4db hole mount antenna... Your just not giving that RF a chance!
My telematics can pick up a Voda signal from the road, but struggles from the driveway :o

The nearest Voda mast is about three quarters of a mile away...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.