Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING 2000 Facelift Nocturno Blue (20H) saloon  (Read 4135 times)

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
Re: BREAKING 2000 Facelift Nocturno Blue (20H) saloon
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2014, 20:52:27 »

Thanks for your concern guys, means a lot, long story short,

Brought the CDX from a guy in Luton who said the car had stood every since his wife reversed into what ever, turns out he had been involved in a car accident with it to which the rear took the impact, however he failed to mention this to me when I brought it and come up with some cock and bill story about how the damage had happened and he seemed so genuine you wouldn't question it.

However me being a complete and utter plank didn't think to hpi check it and I was sorting through my car appears the other day, found every receipt and piece of info to do with my Insignia, but found everything but the Log Book for the Omega, so I assumed I had recieved it and Hers truly had misplaced it so sent a letter to the DVLA requesting another logbook, to which they sent a letter out within 24 hours explaining the vehicle had been involved in an accident and was unfit for the road until proven at a VIC Checking station.

So this has totally ripped up my plans to restore and sell the old girl, because even if I do it'll be worth sod all.

If someone does want to take on the project pm me if not my plan of stripping and scrapping will go forward

Sam
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2014, 21:03:06 »

Brought the CDX from a guy in Luton who said the car had stood every since his wife reversed into what ever, turns out he had been involved in a car accident with it to which the rear took the impact, however he failed to mention this to me when I brought it and come up with some cock and bill story about how the damage had happened and he seemed so genuine you wouldn't question it.

However me being a complete and utter plank didn't think to hpi check it and I was sorting through my car appears the other day, found every receipt and piece of info to do with my Insignia, but found everything but the Log Book for the Omega, so I assumed I had recieved it and Hers truly had misplaced it so sent a letter to the DVLA requesting another logbook, to which they sent a letter out within 24 hours explaining the vehicle had been involved in an accident and was unfit for the road until proven at a VIC Checking station.

So this has totally ripped up my plans to restore and sell the old girl, because even if I do it'll be worth sod all.

If someone does want to take on the project pm me if not my plan of stripping and scrapping will go forward

Sam

Woh woh woh Sam, thats standard fayre for a car with even a minor scratch on it it's simply a check on it's identity to avoid a stolen car being masqueraded as legit. 20 mins in a test centre for a VIC and you are done, I wouldn't hesitate to use and love it .

Omegas are worthless anyway so the cat d/c status means nothing ! At least you ill know every square inch of this one and hopefully have some faith in it ......Better the miggy you know that the one you don't !

You've done a cracking job on it so go on see it through to the end !
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2014, 21:04:47 »

Ahh I didn't spot you wanted to make a few quid, put a detailed ad up then in cars for sale and someone will snap it up no doubt :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2014, 21:05:12 »

It's a 14 year old Omega, so is arguably worth sod all anyways ::)

Make sure all the numbers match, then get it finished, and get it MoTd on the way to a VIC check. Assuming it passes, (no reason why not if you have checked the numbers properly), then tax it :y

If you don't want to do that, I made my offer in the last post :y

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2014, 21:07:57 »

Tax was cashed in on 19th May 2014, MoT expired 17th January 2014 :y

powerslinky

« Reply #20 on: 06 August 2014, 21:08:32 »

Sam

Does the DVLA letter actual say those words  "unfit for the road"  because it sounds like it's just the usual VIC check which is nothing to do with roadworthyness just an IDENTITY check .

I had this with my previous 2.6 MV6   , brought the car , sent off the V5  only to refused a new V5 in my name as the vehicle had bee an insurance "uneconomical " write off. Which means that Joe Seller had been paid out on the car .

It costs £25  .  .has to be done by appointment at a local VOSA centre  .  .of which details should have been enclosed with the letter from DVLA.

Pretty sure if it says VIC (Vehicle identity Check)  thats all it is . They just want to check it is the same car & not a "ringer" as we used to call them .

i think it has to have an MOT  but it does not have to be taxed  . . . because you cannot tax it as is . Info for MOT & tax should be in accompanying letter.

Don't scrap or break it without following this up first is my advice

HTH    ;)

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 August 2014, 21:15:44 »

Offer is £100 short I'm afraid, and yes that exactly how it is worded on the letter..
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 06 August 2014, 21:23:14 »

Offer is £100 short I'm afraid, and yes that exactly how it is worded on the letter..
Have a read of this...

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-identity-check/taking-your-car-for-a-vic-test

If it has previously had a prohibition notice applied, then it may well be unfit, and as you don't know that... the previous keeper clearly won't tell you, then you, or anyone taking it for a VIC could come rapidly unstuck...

Offer stands :y

powerslinky

« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2014, 21:28:45 »

Have a read of this...

If it has previously had a prohibition notice applied, then it may well be unfit, and as you don't know that... the previous keeper clearly won't tell you, then you, or anyone taking it for a VIC could come rapidly unstuck...

Surely they would not ask for a VIC if it had a previous prohibition notice  . . .VIC is just identity  :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #24 on: 06 August 2014, 21:31:58 »

Have a read of this...

Not sure what I done with that last post . Sorry It should have read like this:

Surely they would not ask for a VIC if it had a previous prohibition . VIC is just identity

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 06 August 2014, 21:33:16 »

A prohibition notice would result in the VIC failure :y besides the car was taxed the day Sam bought it, the tax only being revoked with the change of keeper notice. It had been on the road well within the 23 months suggested that it had been stood for.

What else might be wrong is anyones guess :-\

VIC is currently £41.

powerslinky

« Reply #26 on: 06 August 2014, 21:46:05 »

A prohibition notice would result in the VIC failure :y besides the car was taxed the day Sam bought it, the tax only being revoked with the change of keeper notice. It had been on the road well within the 23 months suggested that it had been stood for.

What else might be wrong is anyones guess :-\

VIC is currently £41.

Oh yes  . . . remember now Taxi Al   £41. :-[         My VIC was a nightmare to sort  & I don't really understand this "prohibition" thing ,

So best I retreat from this thread  ::) ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 August 2014, 12:59:27 »

A prohibition. Means the vehicle can be,driven from were the notice was enforced to a place of repair, then booked for a check at an VOSA atf. An instant prohibition means vehicle needs to be recovered, then fixed and presented.

Sam phone Royston testing station book it in. Stop giving up and rolling over,
"over the hill came the charge,they didn't know what had hit them"
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.