Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: speeding fine.  (Read 5001 times)

Crazycarzowner

Re: speeding fine.
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2014, 11:55:14 »

The ticket I got on the roadside

The ticket you got at the roadside is a TOR or 'Traffic Offence Report'. These are fairly new but we've been using them for ages, basically they are completely different from the old '£60 & 3 pointer' ticket.

Dunno about other forces but if you get one of these the 'cop' will give you the ticket & a verbal NIP at the roadside, you keep the carbon copy & on the back it says sommat like 'do nothing and wait 21 days' that is for some desk jobby to process the ticket at CTO. They'll look at the offence, and depending on a few parameters you 'MAY' be legible for a SAC or not. They will write to you & let you know.

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
  • Garden City, North Wales
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 September 2014, 12:17:07 »

I seeee.. Bummer... The ticket says to do nothing but doesn't tell me how long to expect further correspondence  :'(

ckz

• Intermediate Member
  • burton on trent
    • Vauxhall Omega CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2014, 13:51:13 »

Move house every 30 days. Lol
Just make sure you change all your details. NOT post to send behind.
After 7 month they missed there time.

Not saving money but points. Lol

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2014, 15:34:27 »

I'm in the same boat. Got flashed on the M25 on Thursday, expecting a letter in the post at some stage  :(

You would be really unlucky to get one.....many of those cameras dont work or for other reasons dont issue tickets.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 September 2014, 15:39:59 »

Surely the average speed cameras do just that, measure the average speed from one camera to the other. :-\

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #20 on: 07 September 2014, 15:55:09 »

Average speed cameras or SPECS cameras do measure the average speed from one point to another, usually in a contraflow situation through roadworks. The M60 though, has them from Jct 25 clockwise permanently and are set at 50mph. They generated the 4th largest amount of fines per year,  a couple of years back. about £350k!  :o :o :o

They also had em on the M62 near to Chadderton Jct19 I think during roadworks, I'd guess they probably paid for the roadworks too, the amount of fines they generated!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 September 2014, 16:02:39 »

I'm in the same boat. Got flashed on the M25 on Thursday, expecting a letter in the post at some stage  :(

You would be really unlucky to get one.....many of those cameras dont work or for other reasons dont issue tickets.
The ones around the Heathrow Area have allegedly not worked or been touch and go for quite some time now, they have, though, recently installed a load of new ones around the M25 which sit half way up the Gantry and stick out o/s quiet a way of the road, there long range with extra bright flash, these work!
« Last Edit: 07 September 2014, 16:04:16 by zirk »

Rog

« Reply #22 on: 07 September 2014, 16:08:28 »

I hope you're right. However this wasn't one of the cameras on a gantry, it was a new one by the side of the motorway at the end of a joining sliproad. Anyway, fingers (and everything else) crossed  :-\

I would errrrrr point out that I did "floor it" as there was a fast moving convoy of trucks looming on both inside lanes. The MV6 can really move when it wants to  ::)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #23 on: 07 September 2014, 16:45:30 »

I hope you're right. However this wasn't one of the cameras on a gantry, it was a new one by the side of the motorway at the end of a joining sliproad. Anyway, fingers (and everything else) crossed  :-\

I would errrrrr point out that I did "floor it" as there was a fast moving convoy of trucks looming on both inside lanes. The MV6 can really move when it wants to  ::)

In that case it maybe working  :(

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 September 2014, 17:25:00 »

Its £100 fine now too...

It's the points that really bother me, and I've already done a speed awareness course so they won't let me do another one for a while.

What is the point of doing another speed awareness course if the first one did nothing to change your tendency to speed? It is very similar to a suspended sentence. You cannot get a second suspended sentence if you re-offend during the period.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 September 2014, 17:42:36 »

Its £100 fine now too...

It's the points that really bother me, and I've already done a speed awareness course so they won't let me do another one for a while.

What is the point of doing another speed awareness course if the first one did nothing to change your tendency to speed? It is very similar to a suspended sentence. You cannot get a second suspended sentence if you re-offend during the period.

It takes total concentration not to speed these days. Can't possibly be safety related as I spend more time looking at the speedo lately than the road, so how does that improve road safety?
Giving 100% concentration reading the road ahead is surely safer.  :-\

I have a variable limiter fitted to my car and I'm constantly flicking from 60mph down to 30mph and so on, it's a full time job whilst driving now. Gives the left hand thumb a right workout.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 07 September 2014, 18:12:51 »

Its £100 fine now too...

That, in a much more charming manor, is exactly what you quoted.

What is the point in re stating the same thing....etc etc . I know you work in an NHS environment but jeez.... Chilllllllll Winstaaaaarn.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 September 2014, 19:00:33 »

Average speed cameras or SPECS cameras do measure the average speed from one point to another, usually in a contraflow situation through roadworks. The M60 though, has them from Jct 25 clockwise permanently and are set at 50mph. They generated the 4th largest amount of fines per year,  a couple of years back. about £350k!  :o :o :o

They also had em on the M62 near to Chadderton Jct19 I think during roadworks, I'd guess they probably paid for the roadworks too, the amount of fines they generated!

There is a stretch on the A14 around Cambridge and on toward Huntington that has ,em.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 September 2014, 19:02:32 »

Ps. go for my speed awareness course on Friday :(

05omegav6

« Reply #29 on: 07 September 2014, 22:34:50 »

Sorry, but that's tosh, and no defence...They're limited, and unless they are in heavy traffic they will be doing no more than 57/8 as a rule. On level ground they certainly won't be going any faster
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.