Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotland  (Read 24000 times)

Rog

Re: Scotland
« Reply #150 on: 17 September 2014, 07:49:25 »

I'm on a course at the mo and there's a Scottish fella here who when we quizzed him was very cagey about his thoughts, although he did say that he'd moved all of his money out of Scotland!  ::)

One of the girls (English Essex) looked up and said " What's all the fuss about? Don't we own Scotland or something? "  ;D ;D ;D

Exactly. People really do not like to discuss it.

My customer up here joked that I should get out soon in case they put the barriers up later in the week and I won't be able to leave. I think that there is an underlying recognition that Salmond is eloquently barking mad.

Anyway, I'm off this morning, a nice little 400 mile drive today. My MV6 is creeping towards that 100k miles mark  :(

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 17 September 2014, 08:19:01 »

Do you know, I am so bored of the subject that I have stopped watching the news totally and don't care what the outcome is any more ???

Plus I did a bit of 'research' regarding this balance of trade business that Shithead keeps peddling and its utter horse dung and based only on what goes in/out of scottish ports  >:(

05omegav6

« Reply #152 on: 17 September 2014, 10:19:25 »

Do you know, I am so bored of the subject that I have stopped watching the news totally and don't care what the outcome is any more ???

Plus I did a bit of 'research' regarding this balance of trade business that Shithead keeps peddling and its utter horse dung and based only on what goes in/out of scottish ports  >:(
Which presumably included Flotta and Sullom Voe ::) both potentially not in Scotland...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 17 September 2014, 10:37:41 »

Yes, it's getting to be a bit of a stuck record. I suspect it will simmer on well past the vote itself, as well, whatever the outcome. ::)

I don't think I can recall any political campaign before that has been as lacking in concrete policy and as full of meaningless rhetoric.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 17 September 2014, 10:40:59 »

Yes, it's getting to be a bit of a stuck record. I suspect it will simmer on well past the vote itself, as well, whatever the outcome. ::)

I don't think I can recall any political campaign before that has been as lacking in concrete policy and as full of meaningless rhetoric.

^^^^^ Seconded!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 17 September 2014, 11:03:50 »

Which presumably included Flotta and Sullom Voe ::) both potentially not in Scotland...

Yes, the independent Isles of Shetland  :y

But does not consider anything traveling via road/rail which was landed in a UK (non Scottish) port as they cant measure it easily......I don't recall to many major Scottish container ports?

05omegav6

« Reply #156 on: 17 September 2014, 11:33:42 »

Can't really include the Naval ports...as a) it's not revenue freight, and b) they won't be there ::), so neither can i :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 17 September 2014, 12:50:12 »

Does an independent Scotland want to be part of the EU?

The reason I ask is that a Yes vote for independence will hasten rUK's departure from the EU.

The logic goes like this:

Scotland votes 'Yes', Cameron resigns, the Conservatives turn further towards euroscepticism, the [EU] referendum happens and rUK vote to leave Europe.

Fine for eurosceptics but not so good for anyone else happy with current situation. Another example of unforeseen consequences for rUK passengers
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #158 on: 17 September 2014, 13:08:47 »

Spain has apparently already said they don't want an independent Scotland to be part of the EU..

Although as someone here said at lunchtime - all that will happen is the EU will rewrite the rules and say "Well, Scotland isn't a new country, they were already members as part of the United Kingdom and so will continue to be members as an independent Scotland, like it or lump it, Spain"

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 17 September 2014, 14:02:21 »

Spain has apparently already said they don't want an independent Scotland to be part of the EU..

Although as someone here said at lunchtime - all that will happen is the EU will rewrite the rules and say "Well, Scotland isn't a new country, they were already members as part of the United Kingdom and so will continue to be members as an independent Scotland, like it or lump it, Spain"

Quite right too.

The Catalunia area of Spain desperately wants independence from Spain and are waiting the outcome of Thursdays vote. Then they can say well Scotland went indy we want to too. Spain do not want this for probably the same reasons as the UK except there is no oil. On top of that there are many other "countries" in Europe that would love independence. Walonia in Belgium/France and Pais Basco (in Spain and France) to name just two. A yes vote threatens the stability of not just Europe but also the EU itself. 

It is alright someone saying "Well, Scotland isn't a new country, they were already members as part of the United Kingdom and so will continue to be members as an independent Scotland, like it or lump it, Spain". The thing is everything will have to change for an independent Scotland. The SNP haven't ironed out the detail about hardly anything yet. In fairness there is not much point in making the effort prior to a Yes vote but also because of the other parties involved.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 17 September 2014, 14:29:31 »

[huge snip]  The thing is everything will have to change for an independent Scotland. The SNP haven't ironed out the detail about hardly anything yet. In fairness there is not much point in making the effort prior to a Yes vote but also because of the other parties involved.

Nope they have just told the world what will happen according to the prophet Salmond ...  in his eyes, and regardless of what anyone else thinks .. Scotland will "remain" in the EU and nowt will change .. (and the EU themselves have no say in the matter 'cos Salmond has decided), Scotland will continue to use the pound and the Bank of England will underwrite it, but will have no say in Scotlands finances as Scotland will be independent (and Westminister has no say in this either 'cos Salmond has decided), Scotland will remain in NATO but will have nothing to do with NATO nuclear decisions and all nukes must leave scotland (and NATO has no say in this 'cos Salmond has decided)

Mans a numpty and I don't understand how he gets away with these statements without being challenged.

aaronjb

« Reply #161 on: 17 September 2014, 14:36:26 »

All this pesky discussion gets in the way of the real issue…

http://www.arethescotsindependentyet.com/

;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 17 September 2014, 15:22:51 »

Mans a numpty and I don't understand how he gets away with these statements without being challenged.

Yep, he's simply presented Scotland with a "none of the above" box to tick, for those who can't really get interested in what any of the UK parties have to say. God knows, there's so little to choose between them that anyone within the UK might be tempted to tick such a box, if it were presented to them, just to see what happens.  ;D

He clearly has no idea what will happen commencing next week if a majority tick the box. I think we all need to be rather concerned about that. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #163 on: 17 September 2014, 16:39:14 »

If only 20% of the 5 million scotties bother to vote, and 500,001 members of the SNP vote yes, then that's 4,449,999 disappointed people, of which 4million couldn't be arsed to/couldn't decide which way to vote* and therefore didn't.

This of course does assume that voter turn out is as good as at the last general election ::)

*delete as applicable.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 17 September 2014, 17:22:00 »

He clearly has no idea what will happen commencing next week if a majority tick the box. I think we all need to be rather concerned about that. :(

Actually, I lie. He's going to phone Baroso about being in the EU, and get told to eff off.

Then he's going to phone Threadneedle street about using the pound, and get told to eff off and "oh, about your share of the national debt"...

So, that's his timetable until about 9:30 on Monday morning all sorted.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.