Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DASH DISPLAY  (Read 1332 times)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
DASH DISPLAY
« on: 29 September 2014, 22:56:45 »

The tid on my 97 tourer has the usual pixel issue, but just recently the range function has started to be very inconsistant, with the fuel gauge reading 20 litres it will show 00 miles,then will creep up to show 05 miles then slowly fall back to 00 miles. this issue only starts when the needle hits the 20litre mark.
Is this a display issue or a fuel float sender issue, ? where does the display get its info from, the gauge or the tank float?
 :-\
Gary.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

05omegav6

Re: DASH DISPLAY
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2014, 23:31:13 »

Indirectly both... the tank float supplies both :y

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2014, 23:43:30 »

just to add this is the first time it has had 2 digits showing for 5 miles, 05 miles is new, normally just says 5 miles.
thinking this is a display issue. ::)
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2014, 23:50:26 »

Sounds like it :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2014, 19:01:26 »

The tid on my 97 tourer has the usual pixel issue, but just recently the range function has started to be very inconsistant, with the fuel gauge reading 20 litres it will show 00 miles,then will creep up to show 05 miles then slowly fall back to 00 miles. this issue only starts when the needle hits the 20litre mark.
Is this a display issue or a fuel float sender issue, ? where does the display get its info from, the gauge or the tank float?
Gary.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2014, 19:36:31 »

Gary.
Ahem... my MID in the estate was from a 2.6 estate, same 16" wheels, also manual. Range/consumption and the fuel gauge were pretty much on the same page.

Had to change the instrument cluster, from an ex plod saloon. Now gauge light comes on with 50+ miles on the MID due to the saloon calibration on the fuel gauge. Fuel level sender unchanged :y

If it makes a difference or not, because my MID was retro fitted, it is connected to the fuel level sender feed to the cluster... :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2014, 19:39:45 »

Disconnect instrument panel, and see what reading you don't get on the MID ;)
Grumpy old man

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2014, 23:54:19 »

UPDATE
I have been out in the car today and the display is working normaly again, so it is either a display issue ot the electrical connectors are dirty.
 ???
Jaguar XJ6
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.