Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement wheels  (Read 17937 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement wheels
« Reply #30 on: 02 October 2014, 20:35:49 »

Not sure I want another Omega, after 11 years. But don't really want to pay a massive amount at the moment either, for other reasons.

That is the exact dilemma I had when my DTi Elite died...

After fruitless searches for something different I ended up with Omega number 5  :-X

Huge problem is that you can't find anything that offers you what an Omega Elite / MV6 can for the same money, you can't find the best proven parts at the right price that years of research on here has resolved (an indication of the knowledge that has been built up on OOF) and there will always be that 'comparing it to my MV6 or Elite' scenario.....

While my 2.6 project has been a lot of work (I'm getting there slowly...!), every single thing I've needed to purchase, modify, swap, repair etc etc has been done before either by me or by someone on here, at no point have I struggled with obtaining or fitting anything at the right price. A little further research on the Diff repair and obtaining the right radiator for a 2.6/3.2 but other than that it's all been pretty much second nature thanks to this site and the people on it.

The only way you can get over the above (in my opinion) is to up the budget substantially and look at far newer vehicles... something in XF territory...
Although good'uns are getting hard to find...  ...and all are 11years old.
Very true, extremely hard to find now, that's why I went for the most corrosion free one I could find because everything else is fixable / swappable but corrosion is a journey of welding and paint spraying that never seems to end after its started...
« Last Edit: 02 October 2014, 20:37:20 by VXL V6 »

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 October 2014, 20:46:11 »

Merc
Not until they learn how to design a chassis, thoroughly incompetent.

or Bmw :-X
Not whilst my foreskin won't reach my ears

;D ;D,although newer Merc chassis are much better now,at least there is a bit of comfort,something that BMW seem to have given up on :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 October 2014, 20:54:23 »

I like Mercs... but even so I suspect it will be a cold day in hell before they're as "entertaining" to drive as an Omega.  :-\

And a VW Phat-one is hardly an Omega substitute and isn't really suitable for "throwing around" in the fashion that TB allegedly does with the Omega ?  :o 

And they're awful on fuel... tax... not tremendously reliable if memory is correct.  :-\

And personally I'd rather walk whilst being pissed on by my worst enemy than ever get in a Vx Insigni-fi-cant.  >:(
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 October 2014, 21:01:52 »

I like Mercs... but even so I suspect it will be a cold day in hell before they're as "entertaining" to drive as an Omega.  :-\

And a VW Phat-one is hardly an Omega substitute and isn't really suitable for "throwing around" in the fashion that TB allegedly does with the Omega ?  :o 

And they're awful on fuel... tax... not tremendously reliable if memory is correct.  :-\

And personally I'd rather walk whilst being pissed on by my worst enemy than ever get in a Vx Insigni-fi-cant. >:(

You don't like it then..... ;D ;D

I find it hard to believe that the Insignia was 'signed off' as fit for purpose.

It looks like it was designed by  a dozen different people, none of whom saw what the others had come up with.

It really is hideously ugly and much like a 7 series BMW in that respect.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2014, 21:06:38 by Doctor Opti »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 October 2014, 21:04:35 »

Can't believe I'm actually suggesting this but Ford Mundano?St versions were available as petrol or diesel 4door saloon 4door with a hatchback[5 door in modern parlance] or estate. More basic or higher spec were of course available also.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 October 2014, 21:14:19 »

Can't believe I'm actually suggesting this but Ford Mundano?St versions were available as petrol or diesel 4door saloon 4door with a hatchback[5 door in modern parlance] or estate. More basic or higher spec were of course available also.

I was driving an 05 3.0 titanium Mondeo today,quick and comfy but wwd :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 October 2014, 21:21:08 »

And personally I'd rather walk whilst being pissed on by my worst enemy than ever get in a Vx Insigni-fi-cant. >:(

You don't like it then..... ;D ;D

I find it hard to believe that the Insignia was 'signed off' as fit for purpose.

It looks like it was designed by  a dozen different people, none of whom saw what the others had come up with.

It really is hideously ugly and much like a 7 series BMW in that respect.

I concur.  It's an insult to everything GM ever did right.  Contemptible heap of shite.  :-X
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

chrisgixer

« Reply #37 on: 02 October 2014, 21:52:37 »

Phaeton.......They are HUGE and weigh in the region of 2.3 tonnes.

They depreciate heavily though so there are bargains to be had.

Indeed. We've been over this before so many times.

Options;
Phaeton
Vxr8

Anything else is either a step back or EVEN MORE expensive. Insignia under powered and gay wheel drive, and as Al disvovered, much smaller. Plus donut tank only for gas.
VXR8 is out of reach, pricewise. A shitty Insignia or similar would have to be diesel as LPG tanks will always be a pain in one.

Now then young man!
What have we learned from moving away from the tried and tested? It leads to disappointment and a great deal of expense to put right, or live with that disappointment for a very long time.

Because what your saying is, another omega, or....

.....a Diseasel Insignia. Have you gone completely OPPSING mental? ;D nice interior imo, but the rest of it is shocking.

chrisgixer

« Reply #38 on: 02 October 2014, 22:00:43 »

.,..monaro much cheaper. Cheap enough to suffer the enormous doors.

05omegav6

« Reply #39 on: 02 October 2014, 22:26:21 »

Not so any more :'(

Nothing below £9995 :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #40 on: 02 October 2014, 22:35:00 »

Cheaper than 15k for an r8 ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #41 on: 02 October 2014, 22:53:53 »

Cheaper than 15k for an r8 ;)
That's one perspective  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02 October 2014, 23:36:10 »

For £6000 TB can scare himself with 5 litres of Mercedes CLS500 of a 2006 vintage.  :y

Monaro prices are simply crazy. :-\

omega3000

« Reply #44 on: 03 October 2014, 08:49:14 »

Spare parts prices and service ability would worry me  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.