Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it 2015 yet?  (Read 2485 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Is it 2015 yet?
« Reply #15 on: 20 October 2014, 10:11:46 »

I know exactly how you feel:

The constant travel with regular 4am starts
Working with teams in Asia and US on the same day = early start and late finish
Overloaded with projects means that all the consultants (me included) are working long hours while the internal employees stick to the protection provided by French employment law (last week was 70 hours)
Lots of DIY still to do
Maintaining professional quals
Army commitments at weekends and mid-week
Learning new skills required for Army role
Ironman Training
Oh yes, and a less than stellar situation at Guffer's Towers

I woke up this morning to start work at 7am still exhausted from last week knowing that I wont get to my appartment in Lyon until midnight....oh yes, and an early start tomorrow....

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 20 October 2014, 11:03:39 »

Yup, does indeed sound like we're all burning it at both ends at the moment.. I keep telling myself it could be worse!

Though as a colleague said to my boss today, if you constantly push everyone to the levels they are, sooner or later people will start snapping, mistakes will start being made and stuff will start going wrong.. bit like this, then!

AndyRoid - I did laugh at that, thanks for that ;)

biggriffin - you're right, 'tis bloody stupid.. I can only hold my hands up to that one. Although mine also usually lives in the same place - the cupboard with her passport and any tickets/etc that we're keeping safe for special occasions. Only at the moment only hers is there..

Curry sounds good, although this week is likely to be a wash due to work (and the fact that I feel utterly bowlocksed and full of cold) - maybe Friday night.. as next week is the week I have off work, which cannot come soon enough!

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 20 October 2014, 14:23:56 »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.