Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: VX Batteries still the way to go, then?  (Read 9111 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: VX Batteries still the way to go, then?
« Reply #60 on: 26 October 2014, 16:33:37 »

Some here even go out of their way to do so thinking it's funny to stitch others up with crap! .....

Really?  ::)

Yeah. Recommend me some windscreen wipers Tig ;D :P

ECP....about £3.50 the pair delivered. Far better than the RAC wipers I paid £9 for. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26 October 2014, 17:04:39 »

Some here even go out of their way to do so thinking it's funny to stitch others up with crap! .....

ECP....about £3.50 the pair delivered. Far better than the RAC wipers I paid £9 for. :y

£2.74 for a pair of wiper blades delivered and 9 months on they're still going strong.  :y  What's wrong with that?  ???

Suggesting that there are members here that would deliberately recommend shite parts to stitch people up, is nothing but a wild accusation that is bang out of order in my opinion!  >:(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 October 2014, 17:05:55 »

Conti tech wheel bearings for example. Numerous members banging on about how "good" they are on here. I ask as mine are opposed. Same bearing recommended, I get some and within 3months both new bearings have more play than the ones they replaced.

Now that's interesting, I bought a Conti tech one new for one side of the 2.6, went to see Daz and we fitted it, he also had an old stock but brand new Quinten Hazel one that was absolutely identical with the same markings and the same bearing in it, there was absolutely no difference in them at all and as far as I can tell they came out of the same factory. The only difference was manufacturing age.

20K later guess which one has some play in it - nowhere near an MOT failure but still has play.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 October 2014, 17:11:02 »

£2.74 for a pair of wiper blades delivered and 9 months on they're still going strong.  :y  What's wrong with that?  ???

Suggesting that there are members here that would deliberately recommend shite parts to stitch people up, is nothing but a wild accusation that is bang out of order in my opinion!  >:(

Don't think Chris was aiming that at you, if you think back there are plenty of people on here in the distant past who have recommended parts that they fitted five mins previously - almost as if to satisfy themselves that they know better. Bit like tyres - read any tyre review site and there'll be one that says 'So much more grip than the set I took off' Really? with probably at least 6mm more of tread than those previous?! No shit Sherlock!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 October 2014, 17:26:09 »

Don't think Chris was aiming that at you, if you think back there are plenty of people on here in the distant past who have recommended parts that they fitted five mins previously - almost as if to satisfy themselves that they know better. Bit like tyres - read any tyre review site and there'll be one that says 'So much more grip than the set I took off' Really? with probably at least 6mm more of tread than those previous?! No shit Sherlock!

I don't care if he was aiming it at me or not, but I think he's wrong to say that there are members who would deliberately stitch up other people on here in the way he describes.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26 October 2014, 17:51:59 »

I don't care if he was aiming it at me or not, but I think he's wrong to say that there are members who would deliberately stitch up other people on here in the way he describes.  ::)

Apart from an unhealthy tyre obsession that Gixer fella seems to be a decent sort of cove. ;) ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #66 on: 26 October 2014, 17:53:58 »

I'm surprised no-one has added 'its how you drive your car' thats quite an important factor, into the mix.....

Lead acid batteries like to be fully charged all the time.....letting them go flat/left in a partly charged state does them no favours.

So, if a car is parked up for weeks on end inbetween starting....that isnt going to do the battery good....as, unless you disconnect the battery every time, theres always going to be a slow drain on the battery.

Also, esp at this time of year, starting, then turning your headlights on and driving for 10 mins to work....isnt long enough to fully recharge the battery.

So, imo, abuse the battery, dont expect it to last for long.....look after it and expect many years of service from it   ;)

chrisgixer

« Reply #67 on: 26 October 2014, 18:19:28 »

Really? ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26 October 2014, 18:35:56 »

Really? ::)

Really.

chrisgixer

« Reply #69 on: 26 October 2014, 18:37:56 »

Well, at least there's an ounce of passion behind the usual smug smirk. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 27 October 2014, 17:47:30 »

Once again, boys and girls, play nicely with each other, else the playground will have to have more teachers on duty handing out punishment  :-X
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 27 October 2014, 17:52:50 »

Once again, boys and girls, play nicely with each other, else the playground will have to have more teachers on duty handing out punishment  :-X

We could call upon the services of Mistress Zoom to discipline naughty boys. :) ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 27 October 2014, 18:03:47 »

We could call upon the services of Mistress Zoom to discipline naughty boys. :) ;)
See, I was thinking purely about bans. You're clearly thinking whips and handcuffs ::)
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 27 October 2014, 18:39:51 »

See, I was thinking purely about bans. You're clearly thinking whips and handcuffs ::)

But of course. :D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #74 on: 27 October 2014, 18:48:02 »

Not the fluffy pink handcuffs again  ::) :D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.