Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I swear this Omega doesnt like me  (Read 5285 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: I swear this Omega doesnt like me
« Reply #45 on: 04 November 2014, 13:32:59 »

Hoping so Amba :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 November 2014, 14:02:09 »

Yep, leave it alone now it's working. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 November 2014, 16:04:41 »

Hasnt anybody got the space to store that car at the scrappy.It would be terrible if it was crushed and a lot of good stuff destroyed.

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 November 2014, 16:06:22 »

I should add that I would make a contribution to save the car.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04 November 2014, 16:38:03 »

Well as a shell it was perfectly good until the forklift picked it up, but as you say, there's lots of good stuff there. 'Disposables' like wishbones etc.. are pretty crusty, but the panels, as far as I can tell, are lovely. Lots and lots of the engine bits will be ending up in my boot by Sat afternoon  :y so at least some of the car will be going on to 'save' another.

Shame the non-leather Elite interiors are so unwanted.. it's a velour interior, with memory seats, elec adjustable, heated etc.. sad no-one with a GLS/CD etc wouldn't want them. I suppose if you're so inclined to change your interior, you go for leather. If not, you don't care what seats you have, maybe?

The other problem is I can't post in the 'For Sale' Section, due to the parts not being mine for sale, and I can't name a price. How long to Elite self-levelling shocks tend to last? I'd have thought at 37k they've have at least another 20k left in them? There's Xenon bulbs in there, too. I know they're a ruddy fortune from Vx. Even 2nd hand they've got to be worth someone having them?

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04 November 2014, 16:42:43 »

Also I'd love to see it put aside somewhere safe, but....  rules. For green reasons, to save the planet we have to crush scrap cars after 3 months (sure that was the time limit one guy told me, but open to be corrected here) that way, instead of them leaking oil into the soil, and being smelly, we can destroy them. This meaning that none of them naughty second-hand parts should be fitted to a car and kill a fox or a whale. And that means we can manufacture new parts in factories across the world, then ship them in oil-burning supertankers here. Then, if they're been on the Dealer's shelf for 18 months unsold, then we can bin them! More landfill!  :D

Hurray!! The world is saved doomed!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 November 2014, 17:08:26 »

Thanks DBG. I may just take you up on that.... can you PM me a price inc. delivery for the plenum? :)

Just gne for an hours' drive on my lunch. Coolant's dropped about 2cm but no signs of drippage. I hope this is just coolant finding its way round the engine as opposed to a 2cm an hour leak  ::)

Henry...... so i cant use the tap to re-thread the threads in the head. if i find out that actually its weeping (at least its not pishing out lol) what do i need to do?  :-\

cheers lads

You can use a tap to clean up a slightly damaged thread but if you've stripped it theres nothing left to repair,the only way then is a helicoil or go up a size and re tap for a bigger bolt :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 November 2014, 19:17:27 »

Thanks DBG. I may just take you up on that.... can you PM me a price inc. delivery for the plenum? :)

Just gne for an hours' drive on my lunch. Coolant's dropped about 2cm but no signs of drippage. I hope this is just coolant finding its way round the engine as opposed to a 2cm an hour leak  ::)

Henry...... so i cant use the tap to re-thread the threads in the head. if i find out that actually its weeping (at least its not pishing out lol) what do i need to do?  :-\

cheers lads

You can use a tap to clean up a slightly damaged thread but if you've stripped it theres nothing left to repair,the only way then is a helicoil or go up a size and re tap for a bigger bolt :y

Thanks mate  :y

If  I find it's still pishing out (touch wood it held all the way home tonight as doesn't appear to have dropped any more) then I may as well attempt the tap.... If that doesn't work out then at least I tried. . . . Then head off  ::) at least if it came to that it should go quicker than last time as it's only one head and I now know what I'm doing  ::) :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 November 2014, 08:37:35 »

Thanks nick. nice to see someone else can relate to me lol

Well the first thing I noticed was the cam belt making an awful noise and I thought ''hold on a sec''......... so clearly the belt was getting coolant on it  :'(  I then noticed a steady stream straight down from back of a/c pump and then a load on the tray.... also dripping

it doesn't start dripping immediately from switch on which makes me think the stat is leaking....needing time for the coolantto get to that channel.

I was dubious of the gasket for the stat. very thin. what are others stat gaskets like?  :-\
I wonder how the water got on to the cam belt. Please enlighten me.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06 November 2014, 09:13:19 »

Thanks nick. nice to see someone else can relate to me lol

Well the first thing I noticed was the cam belt making an awful noise and I thought ''hold on a sec''......... so clearly the belt was getting coolant on it  :'(  I then noticed a steady stream straight down from back of a/c pump and then a load on the tray.... also dripping

it doesn't start dripping immediately from switch on which makes me think the stat is leaking....needing time for the coolantto get to that channel.

I was dubious of the gasket for the stat. very thin. what are others stat gaskets like?  :-\
I wonder how the water got on to the cam belt. Please enlighten me.

I assume through one of the cut outs in the rear cambelt cover for the idler assemblies.  :-\
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.