Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good day bad day 4x4 electricals  (Read 544 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Good day bad day 4x4 electricals
« on: 17 November 2014, 18:11:45 »

I decided that it was time to have a proper car radio with modern functionality etc. Old one was a Blaupunkt San Remo. New one is a Pioneer.

First problem of the day. Couldn't start the car because the key pad for the immobiliser (just allows power to first fuel pump) wouldn't work. Too cold for the push button microswitches to operate. Second problem. Get locked out of car when the car decided to lock itself- it is a hair trigger of an affair with the door key. Short walk home for spare key (might carry that on a chain around my neck). I am hoping that the gubbins in the door is adjustable . If not it will be a trip to a scrappies.

Get the old radio out and can see what the problem with the car clock not working is. Blown bulb. No problem.

Radio goes in but sound still rubbish. Take off speaker covers and no wires or speakers in rear! One front speaker original and working but split and one none original cone seperated speaker. Buy Alpine speakers off shelf to get on.

Gosh what an improvement in looks and sound. Even got USB for MP3 thingies. Got a lot of learning to do. Things have changed a lot in twenty years. Last radio I had was in the Elite and had cassette. Still got that. One day a collector restoring to mint original condition will want it (or the 8 track). Oh and the Pioneer CD doesn't jump on rough loose surface tracks.

Still got the air con rad fan that sticks on ON ad infinitum to sort out. can't just keep getting out and pulling the connector. Most pressing job is to sort out the key pad. Suzukiownersforum.com here I come but not holding my breath as wasn't an option on Uk models......
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 17 queries.