Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diesel Auto ?  (Read 11979 times)

omega3000

Diesel Auto ?
« on: 02 December 2014, 18:53:14 »

Anyone driven one of these , ok so we all know its not the best looking car but it looks better in this white . Auto diesel , any problematic things to be a concern  :-\

sri

The Sheriff

Re: Diesel Auto ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2014, 19:01:40 »

Some would say 62,000 miles a year is bad. Others would say it's good, as car is now cheap but probably never been off a motorway. As regards to auto boxes, I'm not sure, but it's certainly spent a lot of time in top gear.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2014, 20:22:56 »

Go for it! Full service history. Just run in.

But first have a look on ww.insigniaowners.com to see what they say about the diesels and auto. Lets hope it isn't the horror story of Ford Focus!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2014, 23:22:15 »

My Honda is a diesel, 2.2 iDetec engine, or something like that..... ::) ::)
Auto and no problems at all, it can be a spirited drive if you want, or you can use it as a manual with flappy paddles. I just stick to auto, occasional using the paddle to drop a gear or two for an overtake.......... :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2014, 12:02:56 »

"Diesel" and "Auto" is a combination I'd probably avoid at all costs. Not quite as bad as "Arse" and "Saddle", but... ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2014, 12:12:13 »

"Diesel" and "Auto" is a combination I'd probably avoid at all costs. Not quite as bad as "Arse" and "Saddle", but... ;)

Can't agree with that,auto's suit a nice torquey diesel lump,I do agree with the Arse and saddle bit though :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

The Sheriff

« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2014, 12:42:20 »

Can't agree with that,auto's suit a nice torquey diesel lump,I do agree with the Arse and saddle bit though :-X
I quite like arse and saddle but not diesel and auto. Takes all sorts....

andrew38

• Farnborough, Hampshire
  • Insignia 2.0Cdti 163
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2014, 14:30:15 »

I had one on a two day rental back in 2012 for business did about 400 miles in it. Drove really nice I thought, can't remember the fuel economy but I didn't refuel it until the night before it went back and then only took about 45ltrs to fill back up. You know your driving a diesel but the autobox was nice and never seemed to be in the wrong gear and seats in the SRi are really comfy, or at least I thought so.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2014, 14:56:59 »

I ticked the box for Auto Insignia diesel when I hired in the Uk. Instead I got a 2litre diesel (bluemotion) 177bhp? Passat.

Apart from no cruise I could not fault it. Fast, always in right gear either five or six in total can't remember, great in traffic and despite being ragged a lot, returned over 60mpg (3 weeks approx 4000miles). If they do one in a Golf it would be very high up my list. I think it even had aselectable option that in effect provides engine braking but not sure.

I am perhaps a lone voice but all cars ought(for years) to be autos and if diesels are more economic than petrols- then diesels. Manual an option only. Lets be honest, there aren't many places south of Leeds in England where you can use a manual to good effect. Wales, Scotland now that is different assuming no speed cameras.

200 miles a day , six days a week that advertised car has done. I don't think it would be many short journeys but you never know!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2014, 16:43:24 »

..... Instead I got a 2litre diesel (bluemotion) 177bhp? Passat.

Apart from no cruise I could not fault it. Fast, always in right gear either five or six in total can't remember, great in traffic and despite being ragged a lot, returned over 60mpg (3 weeks approx 4000miles).  .....

presumably a DSG automated manual ....... I wasn't keen on DSG Passat SWMBO was given as a courtesy car a few years back  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2014, 17:26:52 »

When all is said and done it's an Insignia. A car that comes with a  flabby arse that resembles a mutt taking a dump. The front is even more hideous....if that is possible.

The Insignia is like that girl you shagged when you were three sheets to the wind.  You remember, don't deny it.......the bint with the blotchy legs and  beard. Even after all these years the memory still has the power to make you shudder.

Good value though.... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 03 December 2014, 17:30:34 by Doctor Opti »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 03 December 2014, 17:30:08 »

diesel and auto.. 

nope and nope..  :P

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 03 December 2014, 20:01:01 »

When all is said and done it's an Insignia. A car that comes with a  flabby arse that resembles a mutt taking a dump. The front is even more hideous....if that is possible.

The Insignia is like that girl you shagged when you were three sheets to the wind.  You remember, don't deny it.......the bint with the blotchy legs and  beard. Even after all these years the memory still has the power to make you shudder.

Good value though.... ;D ;D
Boss eyed and juicy but don't recall much else...

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2014, 20:01:51 »

Sorry, you meant the car... well we all know how that turned out ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2014, 21:36:19 »

diesel and auto.. 

nope and nope..  :P

Why not? My Merc is  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.