Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Button to stay with McLaren  (Read 2590 times)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
Re: Button to stay with McLaren
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2014, 11:30:43 »

I am a Button fan and am glad he's got a ride next season, but I do think he needs to wake up when on the track. He only seems to come alive when he gets challenged. Im also a Hamilton fan, but could do without his sulks when he doesn't get the times he wants in qualifying or if he doesn't finish better than 3rd..

Iv always said that Vettel can't drive, he only ever got the championships because he had the fastest car on the day not because he can drive well.... he reminds me of an early Schumacher with his arrogance, but I will say 1 thing that he has a bloody good sense of humour....

Im looking forward to the new season now that Button has a ride, I didnt really want to watch it next season if Button wasnt in it even of he falls asleep behind the wheel...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

cleggy

« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2014, 12:57:52 »

;D ;D ;D
Personally I think JB is one of the best drivers in F1 and I prefer him to Hamilton but he seems to lack enthusiasm if he hasn't got a car that's capable.

Yep.....He comes across as lazy and disinterested.
Could equally be that he is alot less arrogant than say Shumacher and the like :-\

Yes, possibly Al.....As F1 drivers go Button is probably one of the least arrogant.......and why are most of them so small?

Weight and car dimensions are only suited to dwarves. When SWMBO worked for Tom Walkinshaw we went to a 25th anniversary party with an Arrows car on display and an average sized lady got stuck in it. ;D

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2014, 13:37:57 »

Iv always said that Vettel can't drive, he only ever got the championships because he had the fastest car on the day not because he can drive well Yeah! ANY one of us Omega drivers could have jumped in that Red Bull car and won 'four' World championships.. Not a fan of Vettel, but for his critics to claim he is useless when winning four world championships is ridiculous. If he can't drive, what does that say about all the drivers who finish behind him? Button being one of them 'MANY times'. I didnt really want to watch it next season if Button wasnt in it I can't imagine sitting through hours of F.1. to get a few 5 second glimpses of Button?? :o The situation was summed up perfectly by his old team. 'Jensen just is NOT fast enough'... :)
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

chrisgixer

« Reply #18 on: 12 December 2014, 15:09:55 »

;D ;D ;D
Personally I think JB is one of the best drivers in F1 and I prefer him to Hamilton but he seems to lack enthusiasm if he hasn't got a car that's capable.

Could equally be that he is alot less arrogant than say Shumacher and the like :-\

Yes, possibly Al.....As F1 drivers go Button is probably one of the least arrogant.......and why are most of them so small?

Weight and car dimensions are only suited to dwarves. When SWMBO worked for Tom Walkinshaw we went to a 25th anniversary party with an Arrows car on display and an average sized lady got stuck in it. ;D

I've sat in a mclaren before. No problems. And I'm 6ft2 or there Bouts.

Women drivers would be an engineers dream. Small light and compact. Strong enough. Just not as reckless as men.

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 12 December 2014, 15:19:37 »

In fact just imagine the PR. Hanson male driver, attractive female driver, both in the same team, both fighting for the world championship.

The manufacturer would clean up the male and female car market. Sales through the roof. Mr and Mrs (enter car make here) living the f1 life.

A PR mans dream.....

..... However the reality is..... :-X ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 12 December 2014, 15:39:40 »

In fact just imagine the PR. Hanson male driver, attractive female driver,

Hanson male driver? Which one?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 December 2014, 16:05:00 »

;D ;D ;D

Women drivers would be an engineers dream. Small light and compact. Strong enough. Just not as reckless as men.

...or as talented behind the wheel. :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #22 on: 12 December 2014, 17:10:17 »

In fact just imagine the PR. Hanson male driver, attractive female driver,

Hanson male driver? Which one?
Now Aaron. I had you down as an intelligent man. Clearly that's A typo, you podiatrist you.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 December 2014, 18:13:00 »

...or as talented behind the wheel. :)

They'd be fine M'lud. No 3 point turns or parallel parking in F1!  :-X  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

« Reply #24 on: 12 December 2014, 23:06:58 »

;D ;D ;D

...which means they are not as talented behind the wheel. :)

Edited for correctness Dr. ....generally speaking. And imo. :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.