Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What made you buy an Omega in the first place?  (Read 5266 times)

Debs.

Re: What made you buy an Omega in the first place?
« Reply #30 on: 25 June 2008, 17:04:00 »

It's so much easier to pleasure a lady in the rear of an omega than it is a smaller corsa...

:o Steady-on Paul; there are some OOF members with heart conditions.....and talk like that is just not safe fair. ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 June 2008, 17:58:26 »

I have had Cavalier after Cavalier and even now I still rate them... but when Omegas came out I loved them, then the Police had them... as a rule they don't have slow cars ::)
So I decided to get one when they were more affordable, so was looking on the Internet for common faults and things to look out for when buying one, and found "The Forum"..... after a few weeks of being a member on here I came across a nice MV6 which I still have and will have hopefully for a number of years :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #32 on: 25 June 2008, 18:01:26 »

It's so much easier to pleasure a lady in the rear of an omega than it is a smaller corsa...

:o Steady-on Paul; there are some OOF members with heart conditions.....and talk like that is just not safe fair. ;D

;D ;D

HolyCount

« Reply #33 on: 25 June 2008, 18:43:59 »

Always liked larger exec type cars -- love gadgets --- like LPG  :)

Already had ( have) a V6 QX, the mig arrived, heading for the breakers. Never seen that colour before and liked it. Coincidentally another mig turned up in same colour, also due to be broken.

Thinks .... between the two of the breakers is a decent miggy crying for life .... so I decided to enter the miggy world.

A few months later and the list of need to / want to do is getting longer. Everytime one thing gets done I think of a few more to do !!!!!

cbs2

• Intermediate Member
  • East Kilbride
  • Right....Fire Up The Quattro!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 June 2008, 18:47:22 »

Wife had a M plate cavvy & loved it to bits but always wanted the bigger "version"
When we were looking at cars, I wanted to buy a 99-2000 BM 523, but swmbo still wanted a mig. So as a compromise, I agreed, as long as it was a black V6.
Glad I did cos the elite spec puts BMW's to shame & I trust the mig going round roundabouts more than my sisters 528

Plus I'm convinced my mig growls every time it see's a bmw. Can't help showing them up :D
Taking part in the 2010 sucata split charity banger run. www.sucatasplit.com
www.boozebrothers2010.co.uk
Ex-mig owner................For now

philhoward

• Staffs
  • Love the engines, so put one in something else..
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 June 2008, 19:18:02 »

I was after something big and comfortable, but not too thirsty.  Also wanted an Estate, so it fitted the bill given my limited budget.  Next car will most likely be another Mig...loving it!
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

omegaman2

• Omega Knight
  • Kilsyth, Glasgow G65
  • cruise , tints, shinbuster,advanced drinking test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 June 2008, 19:59:44 »

i always liked them then good fortune came my way
my paw in law bought it at a year old then decided it was to good a car for what he was using it for so on its secondbirthday it became mine  and boy do i love it
dieseldonicely

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 June 2008, 20:12:09 »

Always liked them since the first day i saw one, i have always preffered them to a mercedes e class or a bmw 5 series :y
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 June 2008, 20:37:58 »

Local paper.
51 plate Fiesta 1.1 £3295
51 plate Polo 1.4 £4495
51 plateCorsa 1.2 £2995
51 plate Vauxhall 2.6CD with FVSH ,12 months MOT,unmarked. £1100

Need i say more .Has the world gone mad.
You can buy a lot of petrol , tax  etc, etc, for the extra 2 or 3 grand.
And be driving around in air conditioned luxury.

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
  • Whats in the fridge today? Beer and Sausages....UM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 June 2008, 20:41:32 »

I must admit... In considering a mig I did do a bit of research into them. Thats when I discovered OOF.... as a visitor loitering in the wings  ::) Well.... After coming here how could I not get one!!! What with Lizze and her 130mph tales and the talk of such love it was done and dusted!  ;) ;) And long may it continue!!!!!!!  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 June 2008, 20:46:37 »

Granada Scorpio - which at the time I thought was the best tow-car in the world - was getting very old, and continental travel/breakdown insurance was getting expensive, then the gearbox developed a leak. :(

I like big, comfortable RWD for towing, and need a car of at least 1800kgs, so the options became BMW, Mercedes ( various options) or the Omega, with the budget I had at the time (2002) it then became a '99 Miggy, a 94 beamer or a 92 merc....   when you compare the toys, comfort etc etc .. the miggy won hands down .. so I got one.

Best decision ever .. never looked back it is a brilliant car all round and a fantastic tow-car

I have just changed to a newer one for no other reason than to get a newer one to keep longer !!
« Last Edit: 25 June 2008, 20:47:27 by entwood »

DC

• Intermediate Member
  • Switzerland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 June 2008, 21:43:35 »

I actually never liked Opels much, nor Omega and am a bit of a French car fan. But 2 years ago I moved to Switzerland and was looking for a relatively large yet cheap estate to use as a family car (2kids 5 and 3years old). Was looking at various 2l Mondeos, Lagunas, Xantias, a bit older Passats but was secretly hoping to find a 2.5td XM. I know what you will say... As a XM neve came along I was at a stage of choosing between 2 black Mondeos when I spotted the Omega. Really smart looking, you could see it was taken care of, loaded with extras, cheaper than what I had budgeted, bit higer mileage. Was concearned about fuel costs and other expences (4 x 225-16 decent tyres dont come cheap), and the mileage, but complete service history from Opel, all the bills, one previos owner swayed the decision. Now dont know how I would ever drive again anything with 4 cylinders or with no cruise. May still replace it with 3.0v6 diesel espace late this or early next year.

amigov6

« Reply #42 on: 25 June 2008, 21:51:09 »

Grew up with proper cars, RWD boot one end bonnet the other. Drove taxis (not owner driver) on hourly paye when i was down South. The bosses liked big petrol motors so for years we drove Granadas. Licencing laws dictated @ Mreg upwards then which was the end of the Granada, Scorpios were wink so they bought an early (nearly new then) base model M reg 2.0 manual, i loved it.
    Long time ago now :-[ but i still love 'em!!!! :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #43 on: 25 June 2008, 21:53:35 »

A rusty Carlton with blown gearbox

amigov6

« Reply #44 on: 25 June 2008, 21:55:29 »

I have had Cavalier after Cavalier and even now I still rate them... but when Omegas came out I loved them, then the Police had them... as a rule they don't have slow cars ::)
So I decided to get one when they were more affordable, so was looking on the Internet for common faults and things to look out for when buying one, and found "The Forum"..... after a few weeks of being a member on here I came across a nice MV6 which I still have and will have hopefully for a number of years :y
I bought mine, googled Vauxhall Omega & found the forum! 8-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.