Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 5064 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Car hire
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2015, 00:07:14 »

Really someone needs to them oppsing self-abusers at enterprise...needless to say me and the branch managers had some words today...he tried to tell me a Hi an dry I20 is the same size as an astra estate (which was ordered but he tried to give me an I20) I told him to shove it and then got a zafria

It can go the otherway.....

Last month in The States I booked a cheap little shitbox, but ended up with a Chevy Equinox 3.6 V6 AWD SUV!  8)

Happy days!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2015, 00:16:47 »

Apparantly, a BMW 118d is a direct equivalent to a 3.2 Omega estate... ::)

No................. :o :o :o
It was for a two day insurance repair loan car, a three day repair would have seen me in a replacement cab, but when I queried it, I was told the only alternative was a 1.0 Corsa. Less than impressed, especially when the repairers completely 'dangle berries'ed the repair, meaning I had to take it back for them to redo everything that they had previously done >:(

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2015, 07:10:43 »

I use these for the extra cover :y http://www.insurance4carhire.com/?refID=2120&subRefID=0&curID=GBP&langID=1&gclid=CNaGndWWn8cCFcfnwgodfh4Ixw

Cheers I didn't know you could sort your own excess cover, I have found one for £20 for the 6 days and may go for that. The damage excess on the focus via Avis is .....£1473  :o :o
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2015, 09:08:12 »

Don't forget to print off your paper counterpart code from DVLA, as many hire companies will need this code.

Really someone needs to them oppsing self-abusers at enterprise...needless to say me and the branch managers had some words today...he tried to tell me a Hi an dry I20 is the same size as an astra estate (which was ordered but he tried to give me an I20) I told him to shove it and then got a zafria
Tell me about it!!!! I went to pick up a vectra once with 5 doors and then proceded to bring round a 3 door astra!!!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2015, 13:02:33 »

Don't forget to print off your paper counterpart code from DVLA, as many hire companies will need this code.
Those are no longer valid. I thought you needed a code from the DVLA website? (Which lasts for three days) I've heard of them asking for National Insurance numbers, PLEASE DO NOT give them that, they don't need it. Although isn't ROI covered by your normal UK License anyway?

Personally, I'd ask the rental company and get it prepared before. The damage waver is up to you, ask what the excess is, but also consider a supermarket dink will be your fault, again I've always took it and never needed it.

EDIT
Opps TB has covered that, I misread it  :y
To generate the code (valid for 3 weeks IIRC) you need driving licence number and NI number.

The hire company need licence number and code.

Its possible this is where some confusion arises, or that maybe people of turned up without it, and the hire company have helpfully produced the code there and then.

There are 2 ways to do this, both involve going online to DVLA website. You can either generate a One Time Code which is only valid for 72hrs but doesn't require you to print anything. Just make a note of this code and give it to the hire person when you collect the car. Alternatively you can print off a Licence Summary which is valid for 30 days, however you must print this and hand it over at the time of your hire.

So far our team at work has managed to hire cars in France, Spain, Germany and the USA without being asked for either of the above. Seems like the message hasn't filtered through yet about the changes.

The hire companies can generate the code for you on the spot but I suspect they don't like doing it as it takes time & effort. They will also probably start charging an admin fee in the future!

« Last Edit: 11 August 2015, 13:04:38 by jimmy944 »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2015, 13:43:33 »

When I hired a car in The States last month I had to sign a declaration that my license was valid and I wasn't banned from driving for any reason.  :y 

That was it, no codes or counterparts, all they really wanted was my money!  ::)  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2015, 15:07:33 »

When I hired a car in The States last month I had to sign a declaration that my license was valid and I wasn't banned from driving for any reason.  :y 

That was it, no codes or counterparts, all they really wanted was my money!  ::)  ;D
Ah, the great American entrepreneurial spirit.

"He stinks of booze and has tattoos and scars everywhere, boss"

"Looks ok to me, yer ninny, give him the car"

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2015, 17:41:44 »

What yer trying to say like?  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2015, 17:51:05 »

If the cap fits........ ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2015, 20:44:47 »

"He stinks of wee and has tattoos and scars everywhere, boss"

If the cap fits........ ;D

In your case it definitely fits Uncle STEMO!  :-*

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.