Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CID snags  (Read 2616 times)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
CID snags
« on: 12 August 2015, 10:42:36 »

I have lost the map on the sat nav on the CID, had the clocks out the other week to put new bulbs in, reconnected both plugs, went to use the sat-nav and no map just black screen with box in top left corner with repeat and so on  ???

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: CID snags
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2015, 12:16:19 »

I have lost the map on the sat nav on the CID, had the clocks out the other week to put new bulbs in, reconnected both plugs, went to use the sat-nav and no map just black screen with box in top left corner with repeat and so on  ???
Your culprit will be the smaller RGB plug / cable that plugs into the back of the CID.  ;)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2015, 12:36:36 »

Your culprit will be the smaller RGB plug / cable that plugs into the back of the CID.  ;)

I'll have the clocks out and have a look

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2015, 14:00:20 »

I'll have the clocks out and have a look

Had the clocks out 3 times now and still not showing map on CID, plug is in, but to me feels loose even when it is clicked in. Sat-Nav works just no map. All other functions work

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2015, 14:51:15 »

Its the RGB Cable Joff, the smaller one (Black from memory) have you broken the retaining clip off it, if so may not sit tight in the CID socket, or tugged it in situ and pulled the lead / cables from the back of the HU.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2015, 16:12:17 »

Its the RGB Cable Joff, the smaller one (Black from memory) have you broken the retaining clip off it, if so may not sit tight in the CID socket, or tugged it in situ and pulled the lead / cables from the back of the HU.

I think it is that plug at fault, as it dose not feel like a tight fit when clip is secure, I'm going to leave it until I get back home next week and have more time to play fix it. I have a few spare RGB plugs at home so will check the clip to see if at fault. The large plug fits tight in so I don't thick it's that. Also looks like I will have to do CDC unit change too as mine just comes up with disc error after trying to read each disc, I have a new unit at home I can put in.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2015, 17:42:00 »

Was it yours I was swapping a CID over on a few weeks ago, and said the plug was shot?
Grumpy old man

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 August 2015, 17:46:35 »

Was it yours I was swapping a CID over on a few weeks ago, and said the plug was shot?

No this is the black Elite estate, last time you were playing was before last Christmas when I first got the misfire (coil pack) and when you told me the front cats were toast. ::)

It just needs some TLC when I get back from Scotland, will have to use the MV6 for a bit when I get home  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 August 2015, 17:47:46 »

No this is the black Elite estate, last time you were playing was before last Christmas when I first got the misfire (coil pack) and when you told me the front cats were toast. ::)

It just needs some TLC when I get back from Scotland, will have to use the MV6 for a bit when I get home  :y
OK :).

Somebody's I looked at a few weeks ago had a shagged CID RGB plug that was likely to fall out over time :)
Grumpy old man

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 August 2015, 21:38:38 »

I think you might be thinking of mine you did it at the wycombe meet.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2015, 09:05:39 »

I think you might be thinking of mine you did it at the wycombe meet.
Ah, yes, now you mention it...  ...was I grumbling about a knackered rgb plug?
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.