Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Better brakes....?  (Read 6691 times)

Vega

• The Netherlands
    • Omega Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Better brakes....?
« Reply #30 on: 26 October 2015, 00:27:45 »

Monaro calipers are on the cards, one day for sure, but anything up on that and I suspect the original 15"s and consequently the spare wheel won't fit over them:)

The GTO/Monaro calipers will clear the standard 16 inch Catera wheels. Can't verify whether they'll fit with the spare. Never thought about it. I'm screwed if it doesn't and I get a flat up front.

The 15" steel rim spare will fit the setup with the GTO calipers.
http://www.opelomegaportal.nl/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37 (Sorry its in Dutch).

I am working on the next brake setup with larger rotors 345mm .

05omegav6

« Reply #31 on: 26 October 2015, 10:59:40 »

Monaro calipers are on the cards, one day for sure, but anything up on that and I suspect the original 15"s and consequently the spare wheel won't fit over them:)

The GTO/Monaro calipers will clear the standard 16 inch Catera wheels. Can't verify whether they'll fit with the spare. Never thought about it. I'm screwed if it doesn't and I get a flat up front.

The 15" steel rim spare will fit the setup with the GTO calipers.
http://www.opelomegaportal.nl/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37 (Sorry its in Dutch).

I am working on the next brake setup with larger rotors 345mm .
Only if you use the 2004 calipers with the standard discs... Monaro VXR standard discs are 330x32 fronts and 314x18 rears and the caliper brackets are spaced differently to allow for this. Believe this is the 'Corvette' upgrade in the States :-\

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 October 2015, 13:32:22 »

Monaro '04 Calipers with standard Omega wheels only, then. Anything 'up' on that and we need to start carrying a different spare wheel, then. Fair enough. I can live with that. When I do it, probably some time in summer 2019  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 26 October 2015, 13:36:41 »

The VXR sized discs demand 17"+ wheels, the full fat AP etc ones demand a minimum of 18"s :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 October 2015, 14:25:15 »

Monaro '04 Calipers with standard Omega wheels only, then. Anything 'up' on that and we need to start carrying a different spare wheel, then. Fair enough. I can live with that. When I do it, probably some time in summer 2019  :y
y

Out of interest, will a FL CD 16" fit in the spare wheel well? I have a surplus and if one fits I'll carry one in the Special when its back on the road...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 October 2015, 14:36:29 »

I think technically it doesn't. However, if you jam it in, it will. Might have to have the spare wheel cover on a bit loose or something, if memory serves.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 26 October 2015, 14:39:56 »

y

Out of interest, will a FL CD 16" fit in the spare wheel well? I have a surplus and if one fits I'll carry one in the Special when its back on the road...
Be a squeeze, but you should get most of it in... Original spare is a 195 width iirc, the extra 30mm is what tightens it up :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.