Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: More Autonoglass numptiness  (Read 6373 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: More Autonoglass numptiness
« Reply #30 on: 14 October 2015, 10:42:30 »

I'm always a little bemused when people seem to struggle to get a windscreen fitted to an Omega.  ::)

I needed one on mine a few years ago and dropped it into the local windscreen place at 9am and picked it up at 2pm. Job done, no mess no fuss and it cost £140 as the insurance I had at time didn't have windscreen cover.  :y 

Maybe I was just lucky.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 October 2015, 10:48:07 »

I'm always a little bemused when people seem to struggle to get a windscreen fitted to an Omega.  ::)

I needed one on mine a few years ago and dropped it into the local windscreen place at 9am and picked it up at 2pm. Job done, no mess no fuss and it cost £140 as the insurance I had at time didn't have windscreen cover.  :y 

Maybe I was just lucky.  :-\

I have a reliable independent that I use... He does all my vans and cars :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 October 2015, 10:53:07 »

Just had mine done by Autowindscreens through insurance (Adrian Flux) .. no bother or trouble at all .. turned up at the house and did the job very well. Before he even started he apologised that he was having to refit the bottom trim but he was unable to source a replacement and rather then cancel he would be removing the old one carefully to reuse. Watched him do exactly that .. great care taken to do no damage. He then used a small whizwheel to clean up the corrosion on the bottom corners and some fancy black primer/rustproofer all around the apperture that had to sit for 30 minutes before he could fit the screen .... cue cup of tea time ! All trims fitted and checked before the screen went in.... all in all a very neat job, has now done 1000 ish miles without any sign of trims becoming loose.

Had a call from the insurers to ask if the work was satisfactory

Just proves it can be done properly

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 October 2015, 11:01:20 »

The biggest issue I had is that the plastic fixings that attach to the outer edge of the glass can be one of two sources:

1) Genuine
2) Pattern

And the pattern items are rubbish, if you look closely you can see the tool used to make them is shot and the formed plastic barb which retains the windscreen has lost its definition. The result is a poorly fitting rubber which can come loose.

The genuine parts have much much better definition and hence the rubber is retained correctly meaning there is no need to slap adhesive on that part.  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 October 2015, 11:04:16 »

Just had mine done by Autowindscreens through insurance (Adrian Flux) .. no bother or trouble at all .. turned up at the house and did the job very well. Before he even started he apologised that he was having to refit the bottom trim but he was unable to source a replacement and rather then cancel he would be removing the old one carefully to reuse. Watched him do exactly that .. great care taken to do no damage. He then used a small whizwheel to clean up the corrosion on the bottom corners and some fancy black primer/rustproofer all around the apperture that had to sit for 30 minutes before he could fit the screen .... cue cup of tea time ! All trims fitted and checked before the screen went in.... all in all a very neat job, has now done 1000 ish miles without any sign of trims becoming loose.

Had a call from the insurers to ask if the work was satisfactory

Just proves it can be done properly

Are you reading this Autoglass??!?!?!?!? Are you reading THIS!???? It CAN be done properly!!! And not very difficult, either!

Very glad yours went without a hitch, Mr Entwood  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #35 on: 14 October 2015, 15:23:38 »

Had no issues at all with the previous two... one National widscreens and more recently Autonoglass... which makes this episode all the more annoying as I know they can do it right...

That said when National did it,  I provided the genuine trims/rubber, which were reused on the penultimate change :-\

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 October 2015, 10:14:29 »

Lower rubber was no longer available when I last had a screen (several years back) but when RAC Windscreens did mine it was new upper rubber and all clips (genuine VX). I did have the trim come loose about 8 months later and they returned without question and replaced it again, free of charge.

It can be done right but so many people don't take pride in their work nowadays.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.