Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what tools  (Read 4140 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: what tools
« Reply #15 on: 18 January 2016, 19:21:42 »

Everything bar the kitchen sink in the estate I am using. That includes trolley jack, and axle stands. Problem is, I can barely lift the tool box, the socket sets are almost as heavy, and if I swap to one of the others for distance use, all the aforementioned gets swapped too !!!!!!!!!
I must be totally mad ;D ;D ;D
Bet your fuel consumption is sh-t. :D

:D ;D
Omegatitis

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 18 January 2016, 19:43:30 »

AA membership, not necessarily to fix or diagnose anything, simply to get it dragged home... so that I can fix the bloody thing ::)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 January 2016, 19:45:25 »

No..too.much trouble to carry tools......breakdown,recovery,,me and 5 others to my destination or home....if destination and then car kaput.....buy another omega £300...or home and sort it out,,,if that fails..buy another omega at home £300 and job done..no probs. ;D ;D ;D

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 18 January 2016, 19:52:57 »

Keep a map of all the nearest breakers handy :)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 January 2016, 20:08:02 »

AA membership, not necessarily to fix or diagnose anything, simply to get it dragged home... so that I can fix the bloody thing ::)
+1

The last breakdown we had was 150 miles from home on a Sunday afternoon.

On any other day of the week the 1st AA man would have supplied and fitted an alternator and that would have seen us safely home. (As it was the 2nd AA man temporarily fitted a fully charged battery and tailed us for 75 miles and the 3rd carried us the remainder of the way on a recovery truck).
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 January 2016, 20:15:56 »

That's all I've ever wanted from it.

Knowing that it can be sorted with one phonecall to a known number is worth a few quid all by itself.
After all, if you breakdown at 03:00 237miles from home, who would you ring?

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 18 January 2016, 20:31:31 »

Knowing that it can be sorted with one phonecall to a known number is worth a few quid all by itself.
Ghostbusters?  :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 18 January 2016, 20:33:11 »

Me?  :-\
Good shout, you're about 237 miles from Nicks house ;D

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2016, 20:37:16 »

Me?  :-\
Good shout, you're about 237 miles from Nicks house ;D
I wish he would, I could do with a good laugh. ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 January 2016, 20:38:37 »

AA card and a telescopic wheel wrench with a 17mm socket  :y

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 January 2016, 20:43:34 »

Everything bar the kitchen sink in the estate I am using. That includes trolley jack, and axle stands. Problem is, I can barely lift the tool box, the socket sets are almost as heavy, and if I swap to one of the others for distance use, all the aforementioned gets swapped too !!!!!!!!!

To be honest....never thought about that.....soon as it hits half, I fill back up. Thats probably stupid too as the car is always pulling top weight :o
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 18 January 2016, 20:46:01 »

To be honest....never thought about that.....soon as it hits half, I fill back up. Thats probably stupid too as the car is always pulling top weight :o
If your the average omega driver, you'll be a fat bastid too. That won't help.  ;D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2016, 21:13:18 »

If your the average omega driver, you'll be a fat bastid too. That won't help.  ;D

Bloody hell...STEMO the psychic......

Cracked my misses up, that one... (fat bitch) ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 18 January 2016, 21:17:16 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2016, 21:41:14 »

Trouble with breakdown services is they are all completely useless.

No idea why a spend all that money every year, as invariably we sort ourselves out when something goes wrong. Faster, easier and not dealing with dickheads.
I have to spend it so that wifey has at least a fighting chance if she breaks down. Otherwise, I would have to go and rescue her, and I'll be too busy....probably.
That's why I have it. But last time she broke down and I wasn't around, she didn't bother, and walked home, after diagnosing the fault herself.
Problem is that it can cost a few quid to get towed off a motorway and it's bound to be dark / snowing / raining when you do break down!

I have always carried a crank sensor in every Omega I've owned, what I didn't carry up until one actually failed was the correct socket and ratchet!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2016, 22:14:33 »

Problem is that it can cost a few quid to get towed off a motorway and it's bound to be dark / snowing / raining when you do break down!

£150 to take you to a place of safety off the motorway; paid upfront. More if the vehicle doesn't roll. You are unlikely to get a choice of destination, and the contractor doesn't have to take you any further even if you are prepared to pay the extra.

You'll get national recovery for considerably less than that and know you'll get home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.