Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fault codes..  (Read 1234 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Fault codes..
« on: 24 February 2016, 16:34:03 »

Hi all, swmbo just come back and said the  car... 2.6 auto saloon.. not running right, and the spanner light was on, so came home slow. Said gears did not seem right. Also the other day, she said, the gear lever 'jumped'. I took it out, no light, and all seems well.
Done pedal trick and got 1 7 10 10 which collates to.. P1700 Service Vehicle Soon Request from Transmission Control Module.
  Please tell me that means it only needs oil !!!! :(

Just out of interest, I also did the other 2.6 auto, and got 10 1 3 5 (P0135) and also 10 1 5 5 (P0155).
I have checked the lists, but do not understand the diagnosis. The car seems to run well. Could someone put those two results into plain English for me. Would be much appreciated. Sorry to be a PIA :-[
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Fault codes..
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2016, 16:41:59 »

Check LEDs light up right, else call round some time
Grumpy old man

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2016, 16:56:32 »

Thanks for the reply J. :y

I assume that we are talking the codes I don't understand. All the lights on the dash etc all light up, and all the headlights, etc, etc, work ok. As do the headlight washers, which I did by mistake when testing the full beam, and swmbo got a bit wet !!!! :-[
Its not been on a tech 2 since I have had it (3 years) so could be codes of long ago.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2016, 17:28:35 »

nah ... the lights he refers to are the LED lights on the auto selector ... beside the lever ... if the lights there are NOT behaving correctly then the switch mech needs cleaning ... the ONLY light that should be on is the one for the present gear selection .. if any others come on, or flicker or do anything else .. then it ain't right !! .. thats on the car that is playing up ....

on the other one ...  0135 and 0155 refer to the lambda sensors in the exhaust system, and implies that two have failed heaters  ....  unlikely that has just happened IMHO !
« Last Edit: 24 February 2016, 17:31:31 by Entwood »

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2016, 17:45:02 »

Thanks Entwood......however, it confims I am just a numpty :-[ I shall go and check now. Asked swmbo and her reply, was, whatever the stick was in, that's what lit up !!!!! Make of that what you will. This is the first time it has happened, and when I took it out after, all was well. Went like stink.

As to the exhaust codes, that is well out of my reach. Is it something (if there is a problem) that would affect MOT, as that is soon due. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2016, 21:54:41 »

Thanks Entwood......however, it confims I am just a numpty :-[ I shall go and check now. Asked swmbo and her reply, was, whatever the stick was in, that's what lit up !!!!! Make of that what you will. This is the first time it has happened, and when I took it out after, all was well. Went like stink.

As to the exhaust codes, that is well out of my reach. Is it something (if there is a problem) that would affect MOT, as that is soon due. :y

If it was a "serious" problem then the "emissions" light would be on all the time... as it is not, the codes are probably "old" or "pending" .... no "emissions"light then the MOT should be unaffected. Just check, for peace of mind, that the "emissions" light illuminates briefly when the ignition is switched on and the engine not started .....

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90477.0

Page 12, left hand column, 8th item down ..   :)
« Last Edit: 24 February 2016, 21:58:24 by Entwood »

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2016, 13:00:38 »

Thanks entwood, all is well there. No lights remain alight on the dash. So I think I shall forget about that car for the time being.  I'll use it until lights start appearing.  :y

I am more concerned with the g/box on the saloon. I am going to go out and give it another spin around the village, to see what happens. Going on the simplest solution, ie, checking the level, and don't shoot me down on this....... I have read Marks 'How to' on checking the level...is it possible to put a piece of tube in the level hole and syphon some of the fluid out, so, although not a full change, and short term option, it would put some new oil in.
With having to be careful with my back, getting sumps off, etc, is a bit risky for me. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2016, 19:02:17 »

The gearbox is near indestructible. If it was low enough on fluid to cause the TCM to notice, its already shagged...  ...and you'd have known about it ages ago.
Grumpy old man

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 February 2016, 09:25:27 »

Ah...I interpret  that as good news, TB. As car has been perfect till Wednesday. Had it a year now.
As and when I can get to Brackley, I'll take up your offer to visit. Not sure when, though. Still have a choice of other vehicles. Ironically, I took the car out again yesterday, and id a few miles and it was perfect. No flshing lights, no jumping in gear. Mystery :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2016, 11:36:01 »

To continue this...

Nought in ABS, a 0730 in the TCM, and a 1700 in the engine.

So everything points to 0730 in TCM which is an unlisted code for a GS8211, but on a GS821 its a Gear Ratio Incorrect.

Sadly, in my personal experience, this only ever ends one way (although slightly different scenario in that I had a chipped TD).

Based on that, I'd recommend at least an ATF level check, and top up if required. If no issue found with level, not sure I'd go to the effort of changing the ATF, I think I'd be spending that £40+ on new ATF to go in a replacement box.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.