Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: high octane fuel  (Read 9388 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: high octane fuel
« Reply #45 on: 15 March 2016, 09:22:37 »

If I fitted enough of that sort of miracle device, and primed them with ultra super plus mega petrol(with extra marketing wank)tm would the fuel tank refill itself the faster I drove?
I dont think your get a full tank Nick, If you were to use V Power added to the TurboMags, you would be up there in the Plus 35% extra MPG, A some simple Water Based Mist injection, say another 5%, if you could cool the mist to below 0 Degrees before injection probably another 5%, that gets you up to 45% say, then LPG it, thats 50% savng in MPG compared to Petrol cost, your nearly there.  :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 March 2016, 09:27:08 »

If I fitted enough of that sort of miracle device, and primed them with ultra super plus mega petrol(with extra marketing wank)tm would the fuel tank refill itself the faster I drove?
I dont think your get a full tank Nick, If you were to use V Power added to the TurboMags, you would be up there in the Plus 35% extra MPG, A some simple Water Based Mist injection, say another 5%, if you could cool the mist to below 0 Degrees before injection probably another 5%, that gets you up to 45% say, then LPG it, thats 50% savng in MPG compared to Petrol cost, your nearly there.  :y

You all need the magic additive it's found only at night, it's called "pub bollicks" will give another 10mpg and 50bhp. :D
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 March 2016, 09:35:21 »

You all need the magic additive it's found only at night, it's called "pub bollicks" will give another 10mpg and 50bhp. :D

But surely if we combine all of these with the instant increase that the internet adds(increase=gullible% x √[stupidity/optimism]π) I'll get within 97.846902645% of my goal? Surely?

And I love the idea of water just below zero degrees: some oppswit somewhere is bound to buy into snow injection ! We are rich beyond any dreams of avarice and will never need to work again
« Last Edit: 15 March 2016, 09:39:23 by Nick W »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 March 2016, 09:36:46 »

The Omega MIDs/GIDs/CIDs are pretty accurate on everything but range - try a brim to brim manual calculation, resetting FC at same time, to work out average MPG over a tank.  You will find it bloody close. Thus it figures that >7.1mpg instantaneous readings are accurate (FC appears so use <7.1mpg figures in overall calculations, but never displays less than this).

The MIDs actually have an adjustment for MPG, a feature removed from later developed GIDs/CIDs as deemed not required.

If your FC is properly set for your car configuration, and is inaccurate, you have an issue with engine and/or sensors.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 March 2016, 09:38:41 »

You forgot the radically new design 12v, 5W fan supercharger than gives an instant 300bhp and improves economy dramatically.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #50 on: 15 March 2016, 09:44:00 »

Shell clearly didn't have anything to do with that piece... ::)

If it helps you sleep, you carry on... I will continue to buy it as long as I get triple airmiles :-X

Ooo, now that is interesting, which programme are you with? I've managed to amass 190k of Miles and More in the last 3 yrs. hoping to hit 220k by next spring to take swmbo and I to the US business class so always keen to build up the miles!
Have a Shell points card, when you register it and get an account, you can choose how you collect the points... I simply went with the avios option :y

Apparently you accumulate points from the get go, but they don't show on the account for a year, so not sure how quickly they build up :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15 March 2016, 09:46:54 »

You forgot the radically new design 12v, 5W fan supercharger than gives an instant 300bhp and improves economy dramatically.

Thank you, but I was going to use bumper mounted windmills to enable any Reliant engine to replace Scania's wimpy diesels.

05omegav6

« Reply #52 on: 15 March 2016, 09:58:18 »

Thank you, but I was going to use bumper mounted windmills to enable any Reliant engine to replace Scania's wimpy diesels.
Joking aside, it has been suggested that a big block Chevvy lump running on Lpg and fitted with a suitable hi torque gearbox would be at least as economical as an equivalent power commercial diesel lump, and greener too without the need to add piss to every tank...

Shell would probably sell enough fart gas to pay for another infomercial about it :-X

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15 March 2016, 10:10:46 »

Joking? JOKING???

Jeez, you have one extra coffee and suddenly you're not to be taken seriously.

Bastards, the lot of you.

Hopefully this caffeine boosted sarcasm will make this morning's welding job go a bit quicker

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15 March 2016, 10:17:16 »

is it not meant to keep the engine cleaner  :'(

The fuel in my 3.2 is merely passing through, it doesn't stay long enough to stop to do any cleaning.   ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #55 on: 15 March 2016, 10:19:13 »

is it not meant to keep the engine cleaner  :'(

The fuel in my 3.2 is merely passing through, it doesn't stay long enough to stop to do any cleaning.   ::)
Amen to that ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #56 on: 15 March 2016, 10:22:07 »

If it helps you sleep, you carry on... I will continue to buy it as long as I get triple airmiles :-X

Ooo, now that is interesting, which programme are you with? I've managed to amass 190k of Miles and More in the last 3 yrs. hoping to hit 220k by next spring to take swmbo and I to the US business class so always keen to build up the miles!
Have a Shell points card, when you register it and get an account, you can choose how you collect the points... I simply went with the avios option :y

Apparently you accumulate points from the get go, but they don't show on the account for a year, so not sure how quickly they build up :-\

I trust you also have an AirMiles Amex and pay with that at the same time?  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #57 on: 15 March 2016, 10:25:24 »

I trust you also have an AirMiles Amex and pay with that at the same time?  :y
I don't, for reasons beyond my control, but that's not to say the thought hasn't crossed my mind :y

That said, by the time I can afford to go anywhere, I should have enough points to get there ::)
« Last Edit: 15 March 2016, 10:27:03 by Harris K Telemacher »

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 15 March 2016, 12:34:27 »

not wading in to this debate. just adding my thoughts...

when I did the 0-60 thread (stop it!) I tried out super unleaded thinking ''oooooh the manual says it is mapped to run on 98 and there must be at least 100 horse power I'm losing by not running the super unleaded''  ::) ;D

however there was literally no improvement in performance. zero. if you want to see how I measured this see the 0-60 thread.

the only things I did notice was that the car seemed to run hotter and there was an audible ticking noise. following that I went back to the 95.

fuel economy. don't care, not looked in to it  :y

RIP Paul Lovejoy

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 15 March 2016, 12:55:03 »

Webby; not (really not) wanting to dredge up your 0-60 thread, but do omegas "learn" the fuel?

By that I mean that iirc Saabs adjust their mapping slightly dependent on the fuel you feed them so the first tank of Super Juice (TM) doesn't do much to alter performance but allegedly the car learns how to burn it better so future tanks show improvement.

Just to add: I suspect the "learning" thing came off a forum too so not sure if it's dangle berries or not.  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.