Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Corsas  (Read 4175 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Corsas
« Reply #15 on: 07 April 2016, 22:31:51 »

This might be a VX orientated forum, but you can do no better than looking at the Fiesta.  The Corsa D was a pile.

If insurance is an issue, step up and look at the Astra or Focus - Both will be cheaper to Insure.

If image isn't a problem, go for a Hyundai i30.... not the best car to drive, but safe and reliable.

Consider others, like the Mitsubishi Colt and dare I say it, the Renault clit.  Both nice things to drive (if you're into that type of thing).

Fiestas are slightly better cars than a Corsa, mainly because they are nicer to drive.

It's the other way round for the Astra/Focus. None of these four have any real issues.

clits are nasty flimsy things with a multitude of crap design issues.

Colts suffer from the traditional Mitsubishi problems; they were expensive to buy but feel cheap, they're not stunningly reliable and parts prices are comical until you actually have to pay for them.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 April 2016, 22:41:14 »

This might be a VX orientated forum, but you can do no better than looking at the Fiesta.  The Corsa D was a pile.

If insurance is an issue, step up and look at the Astra or Focus - Both will be cheaper to Insure.

If image isn't a problem, go for a Hyundai i30.... not the best car to drive, but safe and reliable.

Consider others, like the Mitsubishi Colt and dare I say it, the Renault clit.  Both nice things to drive (if you're into that type of thing).

Fiestas are slightly better cars than a Corsa, mainly because they are nicer to drive.

It's the other way round for the Astra/Focus. None of these four have any real issues.

clits are nasty flimsy things with a multitude of crap design issues.

Colts suffer from the traditional Mitsubishi problems; they were expensive to buy but feel cheap, they're not stunningly reliable and parts prices are comical until you actually have to pay for them.

Only speaking from personal experience, but the Fiesta beats the Corsa hands down.  Better built, more reliable, quicker, safer and MUCH better to drive.

All the above applies to the Focus v's Astra (The Astra G was the last 'good' Astra).  In fact, I retract my advice on lookin at a modern Astra - They are just as shit as the Corsa.

clit isn't as flimsy as you may think - My Mother had a 2006 model which served her very well - It's now in the hands of my Niece, and it serves her very well too.  (Very thirsty for a 1.6 though).

Mitsi Colt, will last forever.  No rust issues, no major mechanical issues and pattern parts are just as available as any other marque.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 April 2016, 22:53:27 »

clit isn't as flimsy as you may think - My Mother had a 2006 model which served her very well - It's now in the hands of my Niece, and it serves her very well too.  (Very thirsty for a 1.6 though).

Are they the ones where you need the hands of a double jointed 5year old in order to change the headlight bulbs?

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 April 2016, 22:55:49 »

Are they the ones where you need the hands of a double jointed 5year old in order to change the headlight bulbs?

More than likely, but isn't that the case with all modern cars?  In fact, just today I tried (and failed) to replace the sidelight bulbs in my 9-5.  I'll be removing the headlights to do the job properly.  It's not like I'm built like a brick shithouse either!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 April 2016, 23:10:29 »

I'm just coming to that conclusion  ???

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 April 2016, 23:23:44 »

In fact, just today I tried (and failed) to replace the sidelight bulbs in my 9-5.

Ah yes. Seem to remember tho N/S is a cheeky little rascal.

I spent longer trying to get the radio to work again (after disconnecting the battery) than changing the fizzing headlight bulb.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.