Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange electrical question?  (Read 1671 times)

raymie440

• Glasgow
    • 3.2 v6 Elite
    • View Profile
Strange electrical question?
« on: 02 June 2016, 14:07:46 »

Hi all, I'm hoping one of the more technically minded members might be able to help me. I thought my rear driver's door speaker was goosed, so I checked the plug to the speaker with a multimeter, nothing, I then noticed that the puddle light in the door is also not working, checked this and also no voltage but the window switch is working. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to a possible bad or undone connection.

05omegav6

Re: Strange electrical question?
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2016, 14:47:00 »

Check the loom where it leaves the door pillar and also where it enters the door...

Check for continuity between the body loom and all the plugs in the door. Puddle light could simply be a build, but suspect a break or two between the door and car :y

raymie440

• Glasgow
    • 3.2 v6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2016, 15:56:07 »

Cheers for your help, I checked the multi plug that joins at the body from the door. Are there any other connectors  inside the door? I just fund it strange that the window works but nothing else. The puddle light was the connection that I tested not the bulb. Stumped!

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2016, 16:25:18 »

Cheers for your help, I checked the multi plug that joins at the body from the door. Are there any other connectors  inside the door? I just fund it strange that the window works but nothing else. The puddle light was the connection that I tested not the bulb. Stumped!
The usual cause of failure is due to the wires breaking where they flex.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2016, 16:29:19 »

I've got (nearly) the same issue, myself. Swapped a door, kept the original loom, reconnected everything - window didnt work... changed the module and motor, aaaand... nothing.

Loom must have a break from all the twisting and flexing.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

raymie440

• Glasgow
    • 3.2 v6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2016, 16:43:00 »

Thanks for the replies, I'm off next week so I'll get stuck into it properly then. I'll check for continuity in the door loom, and tap a couple of wires into the speaker connections and see if I get any sound!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2016, 17:42:23 »

Assuming you have Bose (Elite) then the Speaker feed loom goes from the HU to the Rear Amp then back again to the doors, 3 lots of main connections, so in this order, Back of the HU, Drivers A Pillar Connection Block (Footwell), back of the Amp, then from the Amp back to Drivers A Pillar Connection Block again, then feeds the Speakers.

But as said, probably a break in the Door Loom, so door Card off, and check the speaker wire from there to the Drivers footwell connection block.

raymie440

• Glasgow
    • 3.2 v6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2016, 13:47:15 »

Checked the wiring from the door plug, voltage on the speaker wires so ran a new cable and spliced it in, result speakers now working! Done the same for the light but unfortunately still nothing, but at least the speaker is working!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.