Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: rear door speakers not working! SC804  (Read 4154 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: rear door speakers not working! SC804
« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2016, 18:21:22 »

Yeah that door is getting swapped over in the near future, possibly this weekend, so definitely be looked at soon.

No idea how rare the amp is, yet. It's a standard setup, interchangeable speakers etc, so hoping amps wont be a pain to get hold of. Hoping ;)
Well the clue would be in me telling you there rare if it is an separate Amp type system, and no there not standard set up, from memory they were an option on some early CDX's and they may have been an option on very early Elites before they got Bose.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 June 2016, 19:53:04 »

Is it my brain not working correctly or what ...  ?? but if you had the speakers working correctly with the door open .. then the amp and headunit must be ok ....  ::) ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 09 June 2016, 06:54:21 »

Is it my brain not working correctly or what ...  ?? but if you had the speakers working correctly with the door open .. then the amp and headunit must be ok ....  ::) ::)
Indeed,  but the intermittent connection/short probably won't be doing either any favours...

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 June 2016, 09:07:50 »

Well in answer to Mr Zirk, there's no amp visible in the offside arch, only the autochanger and the servo for the locking filler flap - if I'm looking in the right place. I know for a fact there's certainly one amp inside the parcel shelf, remember checking it out when I were a lad, all them years ago.

Going to get that other loom swapped asap, anyway. As said won#t be doing anything audio any favours if it's shorting.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 June 2016, 10:00:55 »

Well in answer to Mr Zirk, there's no amp visible in the offside arch, only the autochanger and the servo for the locking filler flap - if I'm looking in the right place. I know for a fact there's certainly one amp inside the parcel shelf, remember checking it out when I were a lad, all them years ago.

Going to get that other loom swapped asap, anyway. As said won#t be doing anything audio any favours if it's shorting.  :)
So there is an Amp, theres only going to one. Unless it been botched in its previous life by someone.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.