Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Down

Author Topic: The Omega Replacement conundrum.  (Read 61999 times)

aaronjb

Re: The Omega Replacement conundrum.
« Reply #330 on: 12 September 2016, 12:07:58 »

Nice car Tunnie - 150 or 190 engine? (You probably said, I probably missed it)

I'm averaging ~50mpg in mine so you should better that with the manual box by at leat 5mpg, maybe 10 if it's the lower HP version.

Heated front screen is a nice addition (and as you've found it's far from just Ford - heck, I can buy one for the kit car! Ford appear to have licensed the technology to just about anyone who'll pay.. oddly enough), loved it on the truck and will miss it on the Skoda.

Up until quite recently it was only Ford, Jag ,L/rover,they used to be quite portective of it too :y

You can have one for literally anything now - even an Omega if you really want (would be a custom order, though) - http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

Kevin could even have one in the Westfield .. although if there's ice on the screen it's probably best he not go out in it ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 12 September 2016, 12:54:35 »

I'm averaging ~50mpg in mine so you should better that with the manual box by at leat 5mpg, maybe 10 if it's the lower HP version.

Heated front screen is a nice addition (and as you've found it's far from just Ford - heck, I can buy one for the kit car! Ford appear to have licensed the technology to just about anyone who'll pay.. oddly enough), loved it on the truck and will miss it on the Skoda.

Up until quite recently it was only Ford, Jag ,L/rover,they used to be quite portective of it too :y

You can have one for literally anything now - even an Omega if you really want (would be a custom order, though) - http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

Kevin could even have one in the Westfield .. although if there's ice on the screen it's probably best he not go out in it ;D

A windscreen of any description should be considered a luxury. Real Westfield owners should have bugs between their teeth. ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 12 September 2016, 13:20:25 »

Does Kevin do post count 'er adjustment ??? ::)

other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 12 September 2016, 14:20:42 »

Neighbour has had both previous and current Octaves VRS Tdis remapped... Vastly improves driveability and slightly improves economy as you then don't need to be ragging to make progress ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #334 on: 12 September 2016, 16:28:58 »

Does Kevin do post count 'er adjustment ??? ::)

I didn't even mention Meganes or ditches though ...  :-X

Speaking of remapping, it was the first thing I googled for the Skoda ;D Maybe doing it in the running in period is asking for trouble, though  :-[

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 12 September 2016, 16:46:05 »

Neighbour has had both previous and current Octaves VRS Tdis remapped... Vastly improves driveability and slightly improves economy as you then don't need to be ragging to make progress ;)

It's on the list to consider at some point, will see how I get on with standard map for now

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 13 September 2016, 18:29:07 »

Tunnie - Presumably you bought the car from a Volkswagen dealer (a couple of the pics are on a forecourt and I can see "Volkswagen" in one of the pics) and they gave you something like a 12 month warranty on it?

I know when I bought my 2.2 from a VX dealer it had 6 months of VX warranty left on it and the dealer also gave me 12 month NetworkQ warranty on it too.

If so, wouldn't it make sense to take it do the vw dealer for at least oil changes, just so you get a stamp in the service book (as I did with my 2.2) in case you need to have work done under the warranty? If the service book is stamped upto date, they carnt claim warranty is invalid as you haven't been having it serviced  :y

If you bought from a 'back street' dealer and he gave you a 'generic' warranty on it.......then ignore the above as the warranty will be worth jack sh*t  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 13 September 2016, 18:59:25 »

Car Giant.  :)

Each area had a big sign like that, huge hall with Audi above it must have had 150 Audis there. Then walk in the Ford area, another 150 of them. BMW area must have had about 200 in stock.

Go there on a week day though, it's nuts at weekend. They close at 10pm Mon-Sat, so easily go after work. I found so many dealers and sellers shut at 5:30. So fairly useless!!

Comes with AA warranty, i specially checked it only needs to be serviced regularly and I don't have to use genuine parts.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 13 September 2016, 19:02:49 »

i specially checked it only needs to be serviced regularly
Probably worth maintaining an annual stamp, as you'd be surprised how they all try to wriggle out. But, TBH, these warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 13 September 2016, 20:14:52 »

Comes with AA warranty, i specially checked it only needs to be serviced regularly and I don't have to use genuine parts.

That's surprising, as most warranties I've seen require servicing to be done by a VAT registered garage or dealer, using genuine parts.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 13 September 2016, 21:07:45 »

That's surprising, as most warranties I've seen require servicing to be done by a VAT registered garage or dealer, using genuine parts.  :-\

Yes it is, I triple checked  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 13 September 2016, 22:21:19 »

Car Giant:)

Each area had a big sign like that, huge hall with Audi above it must have had 150 Audis there. Then walk in the Ford area, another 150 of them. BMW area must have had about 200 in stock.

Go there on a week day though, it's nuts at weekend. They close at 10pm Mon-Sat, so easily go after work. I found so many dealers and sellers shut at 5:30. So fairly useless!!

I hope they've improved since the days when I bought a car from one of their previous incarnations :-X ::)

As for the warranty... Check again... I'll be amazed if DIY servicing will keep the warrant valid ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 13 September 2016, 22:25:07 »

Eligibility

This Insurance is available for passenger cars, vans and light commercial vehicles up to 3,500kg GVW that are registered within the United Kingdom.
This Insurance does not cover vehicles that;
• are used for hire or reward (e.g. taxi or driving tuition);
• have been previously recorded as an insurance total loss;
• have been modifi ed from the manufacturer’s specifi cation (unless agreed by Us);
• are used for road-racing, rallying, or any other competitive event.

What are the servicing requirements?
Failure to service Your Vehicle in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations will not invalidate the cover. However, Gold Cover will not cover faults attributable to or caused by lack of routine or regular maintenance. It is Your responsibility to ensure that Your Vehicle is maintained in a legal and roadworthy condition at all times (preferably by following the manufacturer’s recommended service schedule).

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 13 September 2016, 22:27:01 »

That's only section on servicing, confirmed that DIY service & non gen parts are fine.  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 13 September 2016, 22:28:09 »

All well and good, but I'd still want written confirmation that DIY servicing counts as maintaining it to manufacturers specification :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.