Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump v Clinton debate  (Read 8576 times)

STEMO

Re: Trump v Clinton debate
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2016, 20:05:06 »

I disagree with most of the posters on this subject.

Just saying...  ;)
In what respect(s)?

Yes, Trump was unwise to say those things. However, it WAS 10 years ago and the conversation was supposed to be private. I doubt there is anyone on here that has not said something in the past that they now regret. However, these were WORDS, not actions – there is huge difference.
Now, compare to Clinton whose past actions have been, in my opinion, not just immoral, but possibly much, much, worse.

The mainstream media, especially in this country (but also including CNN in the States) have deliberately presented Trump as the anti-Christ. The fact, as I see it, is that he wants to limit immigration, reduce taxes and stop the US involvement in foreign wars (my number 1 reason for hoping Trump wins). So, what's not to like?

Essentially, he is anti-establishment. The Clinton Foundation is part of the establishment. When I see all those Western arms in the hands of the so-called moderate rebels in Syria, I remember that it was a Democrat POTUS and a Secretary of State that pushed for Assad to be overthrown. Whatever you may say about Assad (and Gaddafi and Hussein, for that matter), they largely kept a lid on things. In the case of Assad, he oversaw a secular state which included many Christians. Now, there are hundreds of thousands dead and those that aren't, are living in hopeless conditions with the ever-present fear of imminent death. Meanwhile, Christians face persecution and execution as these states turn into jihadist hellholes.

Many Americans have seen how the US has behaved abroad and want nothing more to do with it. If Clinton is elected, the world will be even more dangerous than it is now, IMHO. In contrast, Trump is a pragmatic businessman who, I suspect, will command a great deal more respect in Beijing and Moscow than the current incumbent.

In any event, he said something in private for which he has apologised. Time to move on, as most American voters would seem to be doing.

These are my opinions and are based, not on C4, BBC or ITV News, but on many hours reading online articles and comments across the political spectrum.

PS Hope that answers your question, Steve.  :y
It's a point of view that many Americans take and I think that the contest will be closer than people think. My OP was just lamenting the fact that it has to be either of them, I'm not particularly taken with Clinton either.
The world is, IMO, in a parlous state at the moment, and we have never been closer to a major kick-off. I just can't see either of these two making a difference for the better, possibly they could make it a lot worse.
America is on the wane, with Russia and China taking much more of an assertive position in the world. OK, about time, maybe, but America and Americans won't give up their throne easily, neither will they treat Russia or China as equals.
When you say anti-establishment, what makes you think that is a good thing? I think it just means more uncertainty.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 October 2016, 00:12:18 »

For clarification......When I say Bill Clinton's piece of rumpo, I mean Hillary not Monica. :)

I don't think the names of all of them will fit in the 5000 character post limit. ::) :o

I'm sure the average English Lord's accomplishments are quite modest in comparison, M'lud. :P :P :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2016, 23:56:00 »

So who is going to win this one then ?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2016, 06:32:18 »

What staggers me is that, from a population of over 300 million people, these two are the "best" they could find?

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2016, 09:29:52 »

It's getting very close, and there's a 2% margin between them in the polls with Clinton on 48% and Trump on 46%.  As we well know in this country the polls are often wrong!  ;)

I'm wondering what the hell the FBI is playing at, reopening the email investigation and releasing a bunch of stuff into the public domain at this late stage of the election?  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 November 2016, 09:36:23 »

If it were revealed after the election that they kept it quiet until after the polls closed, they would be in deep trouble. They have done the right thing in my opinion.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 November 2016, 12:13:47 »

What staggers me is that, from a population of over 300 million people, these two are the "best" they could find buy?

Ron.

Fixed that for you. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 November 2016, 12:43:07 »

If you watch that Michael Moore piece I posted recently, it actually gets explained quite nicely...

Starts off explaining why Donald will win, and continues by explaining why Hillary should win regardless of whether you like either ;)

Their system needs as much of a kick up the arse as ours, and voting Donald in will deliver that in spades. If he gets a second term, it would be entirely on merit... not sure the same could be said of Hillary :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 November 2016, 13:14:48 »

If you watch that Michael Moore piece I posted recently, it actually gets explained quite nicely...

Starts off explaining why Donald will win, and continues by explaining why Hillary should win regardless of whether you like either ;)

Their system needs as much of a kick up the arse as ours, and voting Donald in will deliver that in spades. If he gets a second term, it would be entirely on merit... not sure the same could be said of Hillary :-\

He won't get a second term. The Earth will be a burned-out cinder spinning aimlessly in space long before that happens. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 November 2016, 13:44:50 »

What's the worst that could happen?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 November 2016, 16:08:43 »

What's the worst that could happen?

The end of the human race through MAD. :)

Then follows planet of the apes. :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 November 2016, 16:21:16 »

The cockroaches will be OK though.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 November 2016, 17:02:23 »

That's alright then...

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 02 November 2016, 17:56:42 »

One of the cockroaches will be president.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 November 2016, 21:31:47 »

Hillary's toast.

Just sayin'  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.