Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kia Stinger?  (Read 4366 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Kia Stinger?
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2017, 20:36:01 »

I was referring to Lexus, not Nissan. Though agree their blandness blends into each other

Thought you were referring to the infiniti that I tried pointing you to  ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2017, 21:15:18 »

Must admit this is the first I've heard/seen of this model.Rear three quarter view is very Audi,while side view quite Jaguar-esque.Overall though I'd have to say yes I quite like that.I think it could well depend on what smaller engines it can be had with and how good they are.The "top" engine I don't think will do too well over here due[as TB points out]to the tree huggers and the stupid level of road tax/rfl/whatever it's now called,as it just doesn't have "the badge".Rwd or Fwd I don't think really matters to most buyers as it's not seen by the majority as a priority.Doubtful that most will even know let alone care which end their car drives from.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2017, 21:36:46 »

Must admit this is the first I've heard/seen of this model.Rear three quarter view is very Audi,while side view quite Jaguar-esque.Overall though I'd have to say yes I quite like that.I think it could well depend on what smaller engines it can be had with and how good they are.The "top" engine I don't think will do too well over here due[as TB points out]to the tree huggers and the stupid level of road tax/rfl/whatever it's now called,as it just doesn't have "the badge".Rwd or Fwd I don't think really matters to most buyers as it's not seen by the majority as a priority.Doubtful that most will even know let alone care which end their car drives from.

The small engine option is a 2.0.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2017, 21:48:45 »

Must say I think some of the Kia range are decent looking things.What they're like to drive or what the build quality/longevity is like I don't know.However people still buy into the "presige" of the "premium"brands/badges and a Kia badge just doesn't cut it.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2017, 22:01:06 »

Must say I think some of the Kia range are decent looking things.What they're like to drive or what the build quality/longevity is like I don't know.However people still buy into the "prestige" of the "premium" brands/badges and a Kia badge just doesn't cut it.

Yes, Hyundai/Kia's Cheap but decent branding works well at the bottom of the market, but falls short of the premium German Ultimate Marketing Machine/A posh interior really does disguise a tarted-up VW/A Mercedes really is as good as we say it is wank.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2017, 07:06:05 »

I like it, and you get Kia's 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty as well!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 January 2017, 08:06:26 »

I hadn't considered the New VED issue :-\. I suspect this means you really won't see (m)any of the V6's. £500p.a to tax a Kia is pretty steep and current thinking is that the v6 awd will cost around £43k so all will hit the higher VED bracket.

The smaller engine otoh is still supposed to push around 250bhp and is rwd so could be the better option anyway.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2017, 08:30:07 »

I hadn't considered the New VED issue :-\. I suspect this means you really won't see (m)any of the V6's. £500p.a to tax a Kia is pretty steep and current thinking is that the v6 awd will cost around £43k so all will hit the higher VED bracket.

The smaller engine otoh is still supposed to push around 250bhp and is rwd so could be the better option anyway.

I believe you will be able to get the V6 in RWD too, which to me would be the obvious choice.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 January 2017, 08:37:57 »

Must say I think some of the Kia range are decent looking things.What they're like to drive or what the build quality/longevity is like I don't know.However people still buy into the "prestige" of the "premium" brands/badges and a Kia badge just doesn't cut it.

Yes, Hyundai/Kia's Cheap but decent branding works well at the bottom of the market, but falls short of the premium German Ultimate Marketing Machine/A posh interior really does disguise a tarted-up VW/A Mercedes really is as good as we say it is wank.

Yes, here the "premium" Japanese brands never made a scratch. So Kia has even less of a chance.

But I disagree about the German marketing machine. Sure there is a lot of marketing. But they do make the best cars in the world. It's not only marketing. They have also been ahead of the curve for most part. I mean, they did start the whole thing. The only ones that can match the built quality and reliability are the Japanese. But they don't have the class and history so they are no match in the premium side of things.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2017, 08:42:04 by anV6 »

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2017, 09:57:04 »

I believe you will be able to get the V6 in RWD too, which to me would be the obvious choice.

Agreed! I thought an article I'd read mentioned the v6 being awe and the 4pot being rwd. I may be mistaken though :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 January 2017, 10:30:28 »

Their big saloon only gets us a shitty fwd diesel where as US get all the decent stuff... Don't go holding your breath >:(
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2017, 18:12:42 »

Yes, here the "premium" Japanese brands never made a scratch. So Kia has even less of a chance.

But I disagree about the German marketing machine. Sure there is a lot of marketing. But they do make the best cars in the world. It's not only marketing. They have also been ahead of the curve for most part. I mean, they did start the whole thing. The only ones that can match the built quality and reliability are the Japanese. But they don't have the class and history so they are no match in the premium side of things.
I think the Honda legend and some Lexus came pretty close.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 January 2017, 04:58:23 »

VED is calculated by emissions not engine size so maybe it won't be that painful.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 January 2017, 09:27:42 »

VED is calculated by emissions not engine size so maybe it won't be that painful.  :-\

While that's true for the moment, from April 2017, the government are (once again) moving the VED goalposts which will sadly, hit the V6 Stinger pretty hard, quote below from auto express...

Cars registered after April 1st 2017 will pay a one-off tax charge for the first year, with rates decided by a heavily revised version of the current CO2-based tax band system. The adjustments mean most buyers will see their first year tax charge virtually doubled, while only zero-emissions vehicles will get away with paying nothing at all.

From the second year onwards, the CO2 scale becomes irrelevant, as two flat rates will then be applied – a £0 (zero) VED rate for zero-emissions vehicles only, and a flat annual rate of £140 for all other cars. While cars costing over £40,000 will also be liable for the £140 VED rate from year two, they will also be forced to pay an additional annual ‘supplement’ of £310 for the first five years.

Although I don't know what the stinger CO2 figures will be, a Jaguar XE 2.0i R-Sport (auto) will attract a tax charge of £800 in year one. So I can see all stingers being at least a grand in yr one, with the V6 attracting £140 + £310 for years 2 to 5. So, if anyone buys one, they will be a great buy at 5 yrs old. but I suspect they'll be thin on the ground :P
« Last Edit: 13 January 2017, 09:31:26 by jimmy944 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.