Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: VXL and VXR  (Read 12405 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: VXL and VXR
« Reply #90 on: 10 February 2017, 10:20:34 »

In the UK should it be sold as a Europa Brexita ?  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 10 February 2017, 12:05:11 »

It don't recall any issues with the omega elite ?
clearly it depends on the name and how long ago it was used, maybe even the reputation the car or manufacturer who last used it had.
Barring in mind Lots Of Truble Usually Serious (lotus) used both elite and Europa I don't see a problem?
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 10 February 2017, 12:20:37 »

In Australia the Omega is the base model Commodore...

Numbers work well...

The range topper could be 10, and the sporty version of it 11 ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10 February 2017, 13:41:57 »

Actually, scratch that...

In Australia the Omega is the base model Commodore...

Numbers work well...

Using the tradional trim levels of L, GL, GLS, CD, CDX, Sport/SX, Elite and add in Exquisite and Platinum, give each a number from 1-9.

Models can be renamed too... Viva 1; Adam 2; Corsa 3; Meriva 4; Astra 5; Mokka 6; Zafira 7; Insignia 8; Cascada 9; Omega equivalent 10.

Decimal points being used to define the trim: .1 being the base designation and .9 being the highest. So a GLS would be 10.3, the Elite 10.7 and the Platinum 10.9.

Taking that one step further you could also define the engine in the same way... so a 2 litre 4 pot GLS could be 10.3204 and the 3.6 Platinum could 10.9366.

Works across the range... Base model Viva would be 1.1103. Base Astra would be 5.1144 and so on.

Room in the designation for a 10 model range, each with 9 trim levels and say a $4,000 spread between the base .1 trim and the .9 on any model. Make the specs identical across the board. And price the cars simply... say start the 1.1 at $5,000 and make each model $2,000 more expensive. This would effectively make the base 5.1(Astra) $13,000 with the 5.9 being $17,000. The range topper 10.1 would start at $23,000, with the 10.9 being $27,000.

Basic price would include the smallest current engine with a surcharge of $1 per cc, so a 1.3 would come as standard with the 1 litre 3 pot, but could be available with the 1.4 four pot, demanding a surcharge of $400. Auto box would be a $500 option where available for any given engine. Likewise four wheel drive.

Base engines being defined by the smallest engine available for any given model. The largest engine option for each model being the same, so the 1 might only be available with the 1.6 4 cylinder as its largest option.

Body styles would be hatch, saloon and estate. Five door hatch being standard. 3 door would be a $500 option, 4 door saloon would be an NCO, and estate would be a $500 option. For the 10 a two door coupe could be offered at a $2,000 premium.

Notable exceptions would see the 2 as a three door hatch only; the 1, 4, 6 and 7 as a five door hatch only; the 9 as a two door convertible only; and the 10 as a saloon, estate and coupe.

The Camaro, Corvette and Suburban derivatives would remain unaffected as they're effectively standalone models.

The crux being that globally anyone should have access to any model in any trim without penalty and the only options trim level, colour (body and interior), drivetrain and body style. No other options... if you want a 1 with heated memory nappa leather and touchscreen nav and xenons and the basic engine, then you buy a 1.9103 for $9,000. equally if you want a large family estate with a large engine, autobox and four wheeldrive on a budget then you would order a 10.1366 for $26,100... ($23,000 basic plus $1,600 to upgrade from the two litre four pot to the three.six v6, plus $500 for each of estate/auto/4x4.

The range topping car would be a 10.9366C 4x4 auto at $31,600.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 10 February 2017, 14:13:15 »

Al, how did  you get hold of BMW's original model designation strategy? ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 10 February 2017, 14:16:39 »

;D It clearly makes far more sense than some of the drivel in this thread ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #96 on: 10 February 2017, 14:34:04 »

;D It clearly makes far more sense than some of the drivel in this thread ::)

I think some have put a lot of thought into this thread but got to agree utter drivel.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2017, 14:35:54 by Tilbo »

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 11 February 2017, 13:11:56 »

So Europa would be a posibilty?
I totally see we're your coming from and it does make sense.
It could be a real success story if VX did something about it.

A bit too generic perhaps? Or rather bland? I wouldn't go with Europa. But keeping it in the Latin family of words may be a good start. Latin is sophisticated. Matches what a premium brand should be.  :y

Just not Europa, IMO.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 11 February 2017, 13:13:46 »

But...in or out of the E.U., all of the UK and Ireland are still part of Europe. So no need to change the name a bit, if they would ever go with that name.  ;)

Or rather if they would ever do it at all. ;D

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 11 February 2017, 13:17:07 »

It don't recall any issues with the omega elite ?
clearly it depends on the name and how long ago it was used, maybe even the reputation the car or manufacturer who last used it had.
Barring in mind Lots Of Truble Usually Serious (lotus) used both elite and Europa I don't see a problem?

I don't think the problem with Europa is that it has already been used. Rather that it's pretty meh really. Think about the commercial. "The new Europa 375 LS" or "The new Europa Elite". or whatever model name. Just doesn't have the ring it should have IMO.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 11 February 2017, 13:21:19 »

But...in or out of the E.U., all of the UK and Ireland are still part of Europe. So no need to change the name a bit, if they would ever go with that name.  ;)

That's a matter of opinion. As far as I'm concerned Britain is an island off the coast of Europe, and I'm definitely British and in no way European.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 11 February 2017, 16:38:33 »

That's a matter of opinion. As far as I'm concerned Britain is an island off the coast of Europe, and I'm definitely British and in no way European.  ;)
Agreed, although I fear that your birth place will become part of Ireland rather than remain in the mainland. I will stop there :-X

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 11 February 2017, 16:53:29 »

Well, I'm sorry to disagree, but it's not a matter of opinion at all.  ;)

That's like somebody from Texas saying he is a Texan and not an American or to be honest even somebody from Hawaii saying he is Hawaiian and not American.  Or a Canadian saying he is Canadian and not North American.Or for that matter, a Scottish saying he is Scottish and not British. It's not a matter of opinion. It doesn't depend on what you or I think. It's something official. Politically and Geographically official. We don't get to make the rules.  ;)
« Last Edit: 11 February 2017, 17:03:15 by anV6 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 11 February 2017, 17:59:36 »

I'm sorry, but I thought this was about naming cars, not bullshit politics... Article 50 will be actioned before the end of Lent, and not a minute too soon. Get over it and move on.

It won't make an iota of difference to GM not introducing a premium brand of ANY kind in this corner of the universe. And you can get over that too. :-X

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 11 February 2017, 19:33:00 »

Agreed, although I fear that your birth place will become part of Ireland rather than remain in the mainland. I will stop there :-X

Trust me, there is more chance of a snowball fight in hell than that happening in our lifetime.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.