Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PSA buys Opel  (Read 11563 times)

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
Re: PSA buys Opel
« Reply #45 on: 06 March 2017, 17:36:09 »

We're not all the same.

A French colleague I'd known for years retired a few years back. We were on a business trip together shortly before, and I asked him over a meal and a nice bottle or two of red what he might do with his retirement.

"Well, first I'm going to treat myself to a a large, very luxurious, but quick, car. Something I can fit all my fishing gear in, and which I won't tire of driving. Then I'm going to travel around France doing a spot of fishing here and there and just relax...."

Being a petrol head, I asked him what car he was interested in, wondering if he was thinking Bentley, or perhaps a little more modestly considering a Merc or BMW.. Maybe a Jag.

"Oh, that's easy. A Citroen C5"

It was all I could do to keep a straight face.

Im another kind of petrolhead apparently..
A C5 is a brilliant choice :y
I would buy a brand new one in a heartbeat if I had the money, but since I'm an engineering student I don't..

face-palm*  :D

Ehmm ??

The C5 is one of the few cars on sale where you can see that engineers had something to say in the design. Like Citroëns of old, SAAB's and Mercs/Audis from the 80/90's.
They are lovely to drive, nice to work on (I'm also a graduated car mechanic btw) and it looks good .
124k on the C5
I like Omegas Senators and all other big 90´s euro saloons.
Previous motors: 3x Rover 600s, Citroën ZX, Volvo 850

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06 March 2017, 17:53:27 »

We're not all the same.

A French colleague I'd known for years retired a few years back. We were on a business trip together shortly before, and I asked him over a meal and a nice bottle or two of red what he might do with his retirement.

"Well, first I'm going to treat myself to a a large, very luxurious, but quick, car. Something I can fit all my fishing gear in, and which I won't tire of driving. Then I'm going to travel around France doing a spot of fishing here and there and just relax...."

Being a petrol head, I asked him what car he was interested in, wondering if he was thinking Bentley, or perhaps a little more modestly considering a Merc or BMW.. Maybe a Jag.

"Oh, that's easy. A Citroen C5"

It was all I could do to keep a straight face.

Im another kind of petrolhead apparently..
A C5 is a brilliant choice :y
I would buy a brand new one in a heartbeat if I had the money, but since I'm an engineering student I don't..

face-palm*  :D

Ehmm ??

The C5 is one of the few cars on sale where you can see that engineers had something to say in the design. Like Citroëns of old, SAAB's and Mercs/Audis from the 80/90's.
They are lovely to drive, nice to work on (I'm also a graduated car mechanic btw) and it looks good .

I hate to rain on your parade... but technically it's not on sale. They pulled it last year as no one wanted it.  :P
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 March 2017, 17:55:27 »

Not in Britain, no.
But in the rest of Europe it still is on sale...
124k on the C5

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 March 2017, 18:03:24 »

Driven too many C5's to ever want to even see one ever again. Good awful car, poor performance (v6 petrol) and life changing handling (it will kill you).

Honestly, knackered old Elites handle better on their original suspension.
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 March 2017, 18:03:53 »

As if the C5 wasn't a bad enough car, Not forgetting with the majority being a 2.0 diesel make them an even more dreary car.

Can just imagine it....

"When I grow up, I inspire to own a Citroen C5 2.0 HDi when I earn my fortune and am happily retired"

In a parallel universe maybe...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06 March 2017, 18:04:13 »

I'd actively seek out a car with a soggy ride, given the state of some of the roads these days!
Yet you hardened your Elite  :-\
Grumpy old man

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06 March 2017, 18:08:06 »

As if the C5 wasn't a bad enough car, Not forgetting with the majority being a 2.0 diesel make them an even more dreary car.

Can just imagine it....

"When I grow up, I inspire to own a Citroen C5 2.0 HDi when I earn my fortune and am happily retired"

In a parallel universe maybe...

They did come in V6 petrol or diesel form y'know..
124k on the C5

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06 March 2017, 18:12:46 »

I have to use an MPV for my annual good deed :(.

The Zafira, for all its faults, meets the needs quite well.  Could do with being a bit larger (mines a Zaffy-A), and personally I find it about as comfortable as a shitty S-Max, but not quite as comfortable as an even shittier C4 Picasso.  It handles better than an S-Max and a Picasso, despite its ultra grippy Debica Presto tyres that the tunster would love (I've tried, I can't wear them out).

Its well known mine has performance issues, but that is unique to my specific one, probably based around its fully stamped, but dubious service history.

As much as I hate the bloody thing, I will have to concede it is ultra reliable, flexible and practical.  When you consider the abuse mine gets, and a single annual glance over when I change the fluids, its hard to fault. Engine/performance issue aside.

Though the cheeky fickwets chanrged me extra to get it washed before its MOT. Apparently it was minging ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 March 2017, 18:14:04 »

Tunnie, in your case, I think 2 bricks makes sense.  I'm sure MrsT will oblige in helping ;D

Ooooo, I feel a little bit sick now...
Grumpy old man

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06 March 2017, 18:15:01 »

Driven too many C5's to ever want to even see one ever again. Good awful car, poor performance (v6 petrol) and life changing handling (it will kill you).

Never had any issues with the handling, nor me or my old man. And we (mostly him) have done a lot of miles in C5's. I would rather say they are stable and planted cars, great in the snow too.
And i find the 3.0 V6 petrol versions a lovely drive, sound good too. But opinions opinions....
124k on the C5

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06 March 2017, 18:15:53 »

Never had any issues with the handling, nor me or my old man. And we (mostly him) have done a lot of miles in C5's. I would rather say they are stable and planted cars, great in the snow too.
And i find the 3.0 V6 petrol versions a lovely drive, sound good too. But opinions opinions....
Clearly you don't try hard enough.  Perfectly understandable in a C5 though :y
Grumpy old man

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06 March 2017, 18:19:32 »

Its not really a car you take to the Nürburgring... I'd get a Saxo Vts for that :D
But even a wheezy 1.6hdi estate C5 II can doo 115 mph on the autobahn ::)
124k on the C5

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06 March 2017, 18:29:21 »

Its not really a car you take to the Nürburgring... I'd get a Saxo Vts for that :D
Right up to the point where the turbo shits itself... after which, it will still reach 115, but will take about 20 seconds to hit 60... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06 March 2017, 18:35:00 »

Exactly. So gutless PoS.  And corners or braking. How well does it do in that (worse than poor, I already know).
Grumpy old man

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 March 2017, 18:38:05 »

Right up to the point where the turbo shits itself... after which, it will still reach 115, but will take about 20 seconds to hit 60... ::)
That turbo didn't shit itself in 240000km/150000 miles ...
124k on the C5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.