Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stomach ulcer  (Read 5518 times)

STEMO

Re: Stomach ulcer
« Reply #30 on: 17 March 2017, 20:56:26 »

:o On a more serious note ,had the one down the throat with the spray sedation , absolutely dreadful ,with hindsight I would have been knocked out ,worst thing I've had done to me  :o
I believe you can have a transnasal one which, from what I've read, is slightly less unpleasant.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 March 2017, 21:08:49 »

Endoscopy is very invasive. Pillcam can tell a certain amount. Might be worth a try.
Hmmmm.........I doubt pillcam will be widely available.
Is that like the Fantastic Journey?  :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2017, 12:28:55 »

Endoscopy is very invasive. Pillcam can tell a certain amount. Might be worth a try.
Hmmmm.........I doubt pillcam will be widely available.
Is that like the Fantastic Journey?  :y
:o This one has a s****y ending

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 March 2017, 12:38:16 »

:o On a more serious note ,had the one down the throat with the spray sedation , absolutely dreadful ,with hindsight I would have been knocked out ,worst thing I've had done to me  :o
I believe you can have a transnasal one which, from what I've read, is slightly less unpleasant.

So up your snout and down your throat. Might help with the gag reflex.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 March 2017, 13:40:39 »

Had a double Endoscopy about a year a go as a result of being very very anemic from my severe adverse reaction to a flu jab, where they said my anemia might be caused by blood loss. Yes, the camera is on a 0.5" flexible cable, it has to be so they can pass tools down it work on you taking samples and also in my case the injection of water to raise a polyp for removal and then removing it.

You have to use industrialist strength laxatives the night before to 'clean' the system. I was offered heavy sedation or nothing. I had a very bad reaction to barbiturate based sedative for the removal of two wisdom teeth, many years a go and swore I would never go through that again. So had the camera down the throat with just a throat spray, gaged momentarily as it went past my windpipe but was fine after that. Watching on the monitor makes 'interesting' reality TV.

Then had camera the other end which was very slightly painful at times where the have to navigate the camera round relatively small radius's in your intestines, but this feedback on the awkward bits did help the nurse operating the camera and the doctor moving my intestines about to help the camera move. They found a polyp right on the junction between my large and small interesting, which was very awkward to remove. Only watched the second half of the procedure, including the removal of the polyp as I was laid on the right side to watch the monitor.

At the end of it the doctor did congratulated me on being so calm and collected, saying he wished all his patients were like this. :) So, man up, remain calm STEMO and you will be fine. I'm sure you've had worse up the jacksie from Gixer. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2017, 14:20:05 »

Had a double Endoscopy about a year a go as a result of being very very anemic from my severe adverse reaction to a flu jab, where they said my anemia might be caused by blood loss. Yes, the camera is on a 0.5" flexible cable, it has to be so they can pass tools down it work on you taking samples and also in my case the injection of water to raise a polyp for removal and then removing it.

You have to use industrialist strength laxatives the night before to 'clean' the system. I was offered heavy sedation or nothing. I had a very bad reaction to barbiturate based sedative for the removal of two wisdom teeth, many years a go and swore I would never go through that again. So had the camera down the throat with just a throat spray, gaged momentarily as it went past my windpipe but was fine after that. Watching on the monitor makes 'interesting' reality TV.

Then had camera the other end which was very slightly painful at times where the have to navigate the camera round relatively small radius's in your intestines, but this feedback on the awkward bits did help the nurse operating the camera and the doctor moving my intestines about to help the camera move. They found a polyp right on the junction between my large and small interesting, which was very awkward to remove. Only watched the second half of the procedure, including the removal of the polyp as I was laid on the right side to watch the monitor.

At the end of it the doctor did congratulated me on being so calm and collected, saying he wished all his patients were like this. :) So, man up, remain calm STEMO and you will be fine. I'm sure you've had worse up the jacksie from Gixer. ::) ::) ::)
[
/quote]

We seem to have a high proportion of arse bandits on this forum.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 March 2017, 00:37:11 »

If it makes you feel any better, I have to have a tube up my Japs eye and into the bladder, to investigate my bladder problems since the crash

Totally conscious, apparently!

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 March 2017, 10:19:04 »

Yeah totally concious for that. Doesnt feel painfull at all just a weird feeling as its poking its way up. First pee adterwards stings a bit thou ! !

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 March 2017, 12:06:25 »

If it makes you feel any better, I have to have a tube up my Japs eye and into the bladder, to investigate my bladder problems since the crash

Sounds painful. :o :o

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 March 2017, 12:30:02 »

Sounds painful. :o :o

Not now-a-days .. 15 years ago the cable was the size of a piece of co-ax and it hurt like hell .. even after a general anaesthetic, over time it's got much smaller, now so thin you don't even get a local gel anaesthetic, it just goes in with a water wash for lubrication, is full colour and incredibly detailed. Drive home 15 minutes later, you just have to have a pee before you leave to prove you can ... not usually difficult as the water wash tends to fill the bladder quite well !!

I have one every October and will do for the rest of my life I've been told. The other option is not a good one ... IMHO .. :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 March 2017, 13:03:12 »

with only a pain under my breastbone.

Sure it`s not costochondritis?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 20 March 2017, 13:06:58 »

with only a pain under my breastbone.

Sure it`s not costochondritis?
If that was me wot said that three pages ago last week.........yes.  ;D

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 March 2017, 22:03:05 »

Are any of you guys being treated for a stomach ulcer? What medication are you on...omeprazole....esomeprazole (nexium)....other? I'd be interested in your thoughts as I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information and there's nothing like first hand knowledge.
Thanks.

I had something called Lansprole for acid reflux. I only took it for a week or two. Also used for a stomach ulcer so I'm told.

My old man uses that, he has hiatus hernia, which apparently causes heartburn, and the lanzaprazol stops it. For me it's the 12" pizza and 10 cans of brew that causes it!
« Last Edit: 21 March 2017, 22:06:03 by grifter »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.