Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit......all done and dusted.  (Read 7448 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit......all done and dusted.
« Reply #30 on: 31 March 2017, 17:47:17 »

Outdated yes.

But I'm not sure I would want to be part of a country or society that effectively disowns a swathe of its citizens purely out of expediency.
The are Scots living on a foreign countries soil.
Fixed for the Falklands... No irony intended ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 31 March 2017, 17:58:15 »

Outdated yes.

But I'm not sure I would want to be part of a country or society that effectively disowns a swathe of its citizens purely out of expediency.
The are Scots living on a foreign countries soil.
Fixed for the Falklands... No irony intended ::)
Yes. If they don't want to be Argies, they should set the haggis' on them next time they come calling.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 March 2017, 18:54:15 »

I personally think the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands should be told to either accept the fact that we can't afford to protect their little islands (nor should we try in this day and age), as they have no strategic importance and we gave up being an empire a long time ago.
If they wanted to come over to the uk, they would be given residential status and could settle here.
Gibraltar belongs to Spain and the falklands belong to Argentina. Stupid, outdated way of doing things.

Ah..... Empire day at school. Way before my time.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 March 2017, 19:34:20 »

I personally think the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands should be told to either accept the fact that we can't afford to protect their little islands (nor should we try in this day and age), as they have no strategic importance and we gave up being an empire a long time ago.
If they wanted to come over to the uk, they would be given residential status and could settle here.
Gibraltar belongs to Spain and the falklands belong to Argentina. Stupid, outdated way of doing things.

Ah..... Empire day at school. Way before my time.

Oh yes. When you were reminded about the map on the wall that had so much red all over it :-* :-*

By 1958, when I joined school, the reality of the world after the events of two years before were sinking in.  Great Britain no longer ruled the world and that maps red would reduce considerably :'( :'( :'(

Something Brexit will not reverse, and nor would we want it to! :D :D ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 March 2017, 19:37:07 »

Sad to see this this in the paper today, the loss of a British institution (where I did some of my most interesting work to date). Not to mention a couple of hundred £m in tax revenue   :(

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.markeidiotch.com/amp/story/guid/40A444E0-1525-11E7-BCC7-456FC1EDA05D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 March 2017, 19:38:08 »

Sad to see this this in the paper today, the loss of a British institution (where I did some of my most interesting work to date). Not to mention a couple of hundred £m in tax revenue.  :(

www.markeidiotch.com/amp/story/guid/40A444E0-1525-11E7-BCC7-456FC1EDA05D

I cannot link onto that site ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 March 2017, 19:43:39 »

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 31 March 2017, 19:45:11 »

Sad to see this this in the paper today, the loss of a British institution (where I did some of my most interesting work to date). Not to mention a couple of hundred £m in tax revenue.  :(

www.markeidiotch.com/amp/story/guid/40A444E0-1525-11E7-BCC7-456FC1EDA05D

I cannot link onto that site ;)
The word censor has put idiot in the middle of it.

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 31 March 2017, 19:47:22 »

Sad to see this this in the paper today, the loss of a British institution (where I did some of my most interesting work to date). Not to mention a couple of hundred £m in tax revenue   :(

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.markeidiotch.com/amp/story/guid/40A444E0-1525-11E7-BCC7-456FC1EDA05D
More hysterical crap. It was on the news last night that they're sending 8 staff over there.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 March 2017, 19:53:41 »

Yes stemo, but the people are not really the point. Along with them will go their written EU business. 11% (and growing) of about £2-3bn p.a. Plus re-insurance. And that's just to begin with.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 31 March 2017, 19:58:45 »

Anyone with any sense would know that they'll put some staff in an 'outpost' to protect the relatively small percentage of the business that the EU generates.
And how do you know 'that's just the start'? Are you guessing?Have you thought of becoming a journalist?  ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 March 2017, 20:06:04 »

No, because writing business across the EU is done under passporting regulations, which we won't have access to. Because we're not going to accept free movement.

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 31 March 2017, 20:13:44 »

Well...if they think that their business will grow exponentially in Europe after brexit, they must, of course, try to protect that future revenue stream. It may or may not come to pass that we lose passporting. But they'd better watch their backs, because the other 89% might just go elsewhere, as would be right and proper for rats deserting what they see as a possible sinking ship.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 March 2017, 20:19:46 »

If their business is currently growing in Euroland, its about the only one that is.  ;)
Re the Gibraltar "problem". Its very easy to solve imo. Spain and the rest of the EU claim to be all about democracy. We can just give Gibraltar another referendum to determine what its citizens want to do. Last time it happened it was 99% to remain British, and I doubt it would be much different this time.
Then, tell the Spaniards if their fishing boats enter British territorial waters after Brexit, the Royal Navy will use them for target practice.
Seemples.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 31 March 2017, 20:22:16 »

If their business is currently growing in Euroland, its about the only one that is.  ;)
Re the Gibraltar "problem". Its very easy to solve imo. Spain and the rest of the EU claim to be all about democracy. We can just give Gibraltar another referendum to determine what its citizens want to do. Last time it happened it was 99% to remain British, and I doubt it would be much different this time.
Then, tell the Spaniards if their fishing boats enter British territorial waters after Brexit, the Royal Navy will use them for target practice.
Seemples.  :)
I don't agree. If we're working on those principles, let's give Scotland a referendum now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.