Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Drunk driver on BBC news  (Read 10892 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk driver on BBC news
« Reply #45 on: 11 April 2017, 18:26:41 »

James was saying that there may be mitigating circumstances. If there were, then the pre-sentencing reports would have brought these to light and have been made known to the beak.

The reality is, none of us will be privy to the full information. I'm not saying she shouldn't be dealt with or sent to prison. I'm pleased she has. and then deported

My feelings
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 11 April 2017, 18:28:22 »

James was saying that there may be mitigating circumstances. If there were, then the pre-sentencing reports would have brought these to light and have been made known to the beak.

The reality is, none of us will be privy to the full information. I'm not saying she shouldn't be dealt with or sent to prison. I'm pleased she has.

The main point I was trying to make is that I don't believe it's right or proportional to wish her / her passenger dead :y
I think you'll find I stated my point of view on that at the beginning of the thread.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 April 2017, 18:32:23 »

The reality is, none of us will be privy to the full information. I'm not saying she shouldn't be dealt with or sent to prison. I'm pleased she has.

The main point I was trying to make is that I don't believe it's right or proportional to wish her / her passenger dead :y
I think you'll find I stated my point of view on that at the beginning of the thread.

I noticed :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 April 2017, 18:33:24 »

The reality is, none of us will be privy to the full information. I'm not saying she shouldn't be dealt with or sent to prison. I'm pleased she has. and then deported

My feelings

Deported to where? I can't see in the article that she isn't a British citizen?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11 April 2017, 18:41:48 »

My feelings

The Australian's have been doing it for years with people who, become citizens, commit crime and if the court decides you get sent back to your country of birth/origin. If that was allowed here be more room in prisons and some might think twice before committing a crime.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #50 on: 11 April 2017, 18:43:24 »

My feelings

;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 April 2017, 18:46:00 »

My feelings

;D

What's so funny? Is it because she's black or has an African name?

That doesn't mean she is an immigrant or that she wasn't born a U.K. citizen?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 April 2017, 18:48:35 »

There was a longer post, it disappeared,can't see wat happened :o
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 April 2017, 18:49:45 »

My feelings

The Australian's have been doing it for years with people who, become citizens, commit crime and if the court decides you get sent back to your country of birth/origin. If that was allowed here be more room in prisons and some might think twice before committing a crime.
R not aimed at.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2017, 18:51:29 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #54 on: 11 April 2017, 18:49:49 »

I'm just smiling, that's all. I'm allowed to.

STEMO

« Reply #55 on: 11 April 2017, 18:50:04 »

My feelings

Two points here:
1) No one is ever going to be deported for drunk driving, and

2) We're not Australian.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #56 on: 11 April 2017, 18:50:43 »

There was a longer post, it disappeared,can't see wat happened :o

?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11 April 2017, 18:52:26 »

I'm just smiling, that's all. I'm allowed to.

Fair enough.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11 April 2017, 18:52:58 »

Some of the extreme views on justice and the prevalent vigilante type comments on this forum never cease to amaze me

Indeed! :y :y :y

Always remember this:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".
 ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11 April 2017, 18:54:22 »

My feelings

Two points here:
1) No one is ever going to be deported for drunk driving, and

2) We're not Australian.

No were not, but they do what we should be doing, on crime, and immigration.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.