Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Manchester explosion  (Read 8590 times)

aaronjb

Re: Manchester explosion
« Reply #60 on: 25 May 2017, 10:51:50 »

Give it another ten years and we probably wont even be able to joke about it.  ;)
I might retype it after my second cup of tea. Or I might decide its not worth it as only14 people will read it, and 10 of them will disagree with it anyway.  ::) ;D

So few? You're not even trying, clearly! ;) ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 25 May 2017, 11:04:20 »

95% of the news after such an event is nothing more than speculative bullshit which does nothing more than infuriate normal people and stir up the right wing fanatics and dogooder loons.

Not suggesting silencing the media, but they could report a damn sight more responsibly.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25 May 2017, 11:07:33 »

The trouble with pre-emptively arresting people is the burden of proof.. I know, there are plenty here (and elsewhere) who would like us to just round up anyone who looks suspicious (I guess "has beard, looks Middle Eastern" is probably their idea of suspicious!) and send them to Gitmo - but that is the thin end of a very short wedge that turns us into a police state and one stop short of installing "shower blocks" (yeah, I went there).

That and given the way laws get 'bent' over time, would you like it if your son/brother/sister/father/mother say, ran someone over in a traffic accident and you found yourself arrested for their crime? Yes, in this case the whole family appears to have been as bent as a nine bob note, but that's not always the case.

Anyway, for anyone wanting to deport this guys family - did you not hear where his father and brother were arrested? In case you haven't been keeping up with the news

That is my favourite point when discussing what to do after such a dramatic incident.  One short step and we are there; back in Nazi Germany and rounding up all "undesirables" who are perceived to be a threat to the State. That way we can clear everyone; oh, hang on that could include me with Jewish / Middle Eastern blood in my ancestry and no fear in expressing my thoughts publicly against anything I see as state injustice!

Doctor Gollum has stated one thing that strikes a chord with me; we are talking about 22 lives, albeit many youngsters and in a diabolical and shocking act that yes we must condemn.  But we are not talking of the thousands as in 9/11, and certainly not the 56 million of WWII.  We must never throw the baby out with the bath water and turn against everyone we do not like just because of a terrorist attack. As I have stated before, that is what these evil bastards want.  They do not care about life, not even theirs that they are prepared to sacrifice for their promised time in Heaven.  They have not got the mental capacity to see what they are doing is in anyway wrong and will lead them directly to Hell, so if 10, 20 or 1,000 people die due to them and their bomb that is a victory. It becomes even better when the society they attack give them the satisfaction of wild hatred being generated amoungst the populous, the media, and here on sites like the OOF.

Let's stand together with our fellow citizens and help the authorities, who have stopped numerous major attacks from happening to fight these bastards on our behalf.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2017, 11:22:41 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 25 May 2017, 11:23:05 »

All said :-X :-X
« Last Edit: 25 May 2017, 11:27:54 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 May 2017, 02:37:15 »

All said :-X :-X

Agree with what you say Lizzie but I'm finding the politicians platitudes wearing very thin, where it is the same patronising words every time, over and over again, here in France, Germany etc..

Politicians have largely got us into this situation and now they are basically saying, we are well guarded and protected and when you cannon fodder plebs are slaughtered, we will say from our safe bunkers, we will never forget (until the next time) etc, etc.

The opposite way to look at it is that the number who have died is 4-5 days UK 'responsible motorist' road slaughter. So, should we class terrorist attacks as the price to pay for politicians mass migration/multiculturalism policies?

I know I'm being a bit provocative here with very two different views, but I think they also represent the views of the different  UKIP/Liebour sides of the UK political spectrum and the closed borders, get as many of the poor refugees into the UK as fast as possible.

What are the views of those on here?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26 May 2017, 15:32:04 »

Sadly....I have seen in many media outlets, forums and Tweeting, the remarks of ...'enough is enough'.. 'politicians in their cocoons'.. 'empty words'.. 'the people have had enough'. And very disturbingly, an increased leaning towards remarks like 'civil war and riots unless something is done'. Geez...I hope not. But there are some people in the public eye coming out with this stuff, not just frenzied members of the public.
And....don't forget, this stuff plays right into the hands of the extreme parties !!!!
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.