Author Topic: Tax DD  (Read 3055 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Tax DD
« Reply #15 on: 06 January 2018, 19:33:16 »

Now I'm not sure how this actually works,  but I 'un sorned' mine on Dec 22nd using the monthly DD system, got an email stating they would take double the amount on the 11th Jan, I presume to cover Dec and Jan, however I have sorned it again, yesterday as I am now away again for a few months.
Read the associated email and that stated the DD would be cancelled with effect from that day, so that means (if I have it correct) that I will not pay any VED for the short time I was on the road just about 14 days, although if pinged by the ANPR boys it would have shown as legal in all aspects..........
Or will I have a nice banking surprise on the 11th when they DD the full 2 months!!!???!!!

I did similar with the MV6 - they took two payments then refunded one a week or so later. Make sure the funds are in whichever account you use for tax :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 January 2018, 09:45:45 »

I find the new system very easy to use and have had no problems. A certain Lord Opti said he liked the old system because your tax disc reminded you of when it was due, but there’s no need because the money will keep going out of your bank account until you stop it.

This is true, but they should be able to calculate the tax on a daily basis rather than a monthly basis, to avoid the government double tax scam when you sell or buy a car!  >:(
Relax, Tigger, it’s only £10-20.  ;D

But if they make that on every car that gets sold... LOADSMONEYYYYYY
We have to pay for the lame and lazy somehow ;)
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 07 January 2018, 14:36:11 »

I find the new system very easy to use and have had no problems. A certain Lord Opti said he liked the old system because your tax disc reminded you of when it was due, but there’s no need because the money will keep going out of your bank account until you stop it.

This is true, but they should be able to calculate the tax on a daily basis rather than a monthly basis, to avoid the government double tax scam when you sell or buy a car!  >:(
Relax, Tigger, it’s only £10-20.  ;D

But if they make that on every car that gets sold... LOADSMONEYYYYYY
But not loads of my money, so it doesn’t matter to me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.