Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rees-Mogg  (Read 4367 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Rees-Mogg
« Reply #15 on: 04 September 2019, 18:11:33 »

If parliament had more like Mogg & Redwood of independent means & fewer troughing of limited intellect & real world experience, identity, virtual signaling, careerist feral hogs it might actually serve its intended function of debating & then making useful decisions for the betterment of UK society, whereas it currently only works best as a useful tourist attraction during periods of prorogation where the same number of useful decisions are made, at a much reduced daily cost. :o

The less said in & about god's waiting room the House of Lords the better. :D Turning up signing a register & walking out £300 richer as one strolls to ones club for a spot of lunch & a few brandies is nice work if you can get it, old boy. :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 September 2019, 18:22:56 »

The less said in & about god's waiting room the House of Lords the better. :D Turning up signing a register & walking out £300 richer as one strolls to ones brothel/club for a spot of lunch & a few ladies/brandies is nice work if you can get it, old boy. :o

Delete as appropriate.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 September 2019, 19:04:29 »

Rees Mogg would have made a good minister in Churchill's government. A time when the world was in black and white. He would fit perfectly. No need to change his suit or haircut.

He is a curious old boy and I hope he won't be too upset when he learns that queen Victoria has died. :)

« Last Edit: 04 September 2019, 19:07:13 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 September 2019, 19:40:15 »

Quite what real world experience he and his ilk bring to government is lost on me.

I wouldn't argue that we have a bunch in there now who are only in it for themselves (although I doubt the 20 odd defectors who put principles before paychecks and defied the government will get much praise here  ;D). However, he is pretty much a perfect poster boy for out of touch elitism and finding 600 odd more like him is hardly going to help parliament reconnect with the people it's meant to serve.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 September 2019, 20:04:12 »

Quite what real world experience he and his ilk bring to government is lost on me.

I wouldn't argue that we have a bunch in there now who are only in it for themselves (although I doubt the 20 odd defectors who put principles before paychecks and defied the government will get much praise here  ;D). However, he is pretty much a perfect poster boy for out of touch elitism and finding 600 odd more like him is hardly going to help parliament reconnect with the people it's meant to serve.

Apart from being the joint founder of a very successful international investment fund controlling £bns when he worked in the city & provides his independent means, not a lot really. Redwood has run multi-national manufacturing business & knows a lot about international trade & complex multinational just-in-time supply chains & iirc has been a director of a merchant bank, a bit like Leesom has been a director of Barclays Bank.

Parliament worked much better when you had many more MPs who had made their money often as Directors, Bankers, Traders, Lawyers & accountants in the City & saw becoming an MP as a bit of public service to help society before they retired.

If you think they've done it for public service then I would suggest you look at their outside interests, now & once they leave parliament. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 September 2019, 20:27:41 »

Here Here :y
Apart from being the joint founder of a very successful international investment fund controlling £bns when he worked in the city & provides his independent means, not a lot really. Redwood has run multi-national manufacturing business & knows a lot about international trade & complex multinational just-in-time supply chains & iirc has been a director of a merchant bank, a bit like Leesom has been a director of Barclays Bank.

Parliament worked much better when you had many more MPs who had made their money often as Directors, Bankers, Traders, Lawyers & accountants in the City & saw becoming an MP as a bit of public service to help society before they retired.

If you think they've done it for public service then I would suggest you look at their outside interests, now & once they leave parliament. ::) ::) ::)
Laying a rubber road.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 September 2019, 20:50:47 »

I think the last time we had a lot of non-career-politicians in there, we were in a time when people "knew" people in power knew best and got on with doing what they were told.

In the same way that Command and Control attitude no longer works in business, you need a government that connects with and reflects the electorate or you just won't get traction.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 September 2019, 13:22:05 »

Jimmy is correct.

Taking Britain back to the days of Pathe news with out of touch Tory toffs is never going to fly in 2019.

People today are not willing to 'let them posh people who know what's best for us common plebs'  take control. In might have worked in the fifties, but not now.

Slovenly slouching  like a surly  14 year old in the house was not Rees Mogg's finest hour. He believes he was born to rule. Nobody is.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 September 2019, 13:28:47 »

The 12 year old Jacob speaking after a 'kickabout' with his mates in the park. Just like any other kid really. :)

https://youtu.be/sA1UIuz5K8M

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 September 2019, 14:04:07 »

I thought diversity was all the rage these days?  :-\

I guess JRM represents the wrong sort of diversity!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 September 2019, 14:13:34 »

I thought diversity was all the rage these days?  :-\

I guess JRM represents the wrong sort of diversity!  ;D

As I said before, I don't dislike him.

However, in 2019 he is irrelevant, and no more than an entertaining curiosity. :)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 September 2019, 14:35:34 »

However, in 2019 he is irrelevant, and no more than an entertaining curiosity. :)

I think you're very wrong. There are many people in this country that are appalled by the general immorality in our society and the uncouth nature (e.g Jess Philips) of many in the public eye.

I think that, even among the young, people yearn for a more stable, friendly, honest and respectful establishment. Something to revere. :y

Rees-Mogg may appear to be an anachronism to some, but he embodies the historic manners of which we were once proud and that resonates with many. An English gent.

Though I don't watch it, the fact that Downton Abbey has been so popular and is shortly to be a blockbuster at the cinema reveals much to my mind. Can't see Eastenders or Love Island doing the same. ;) 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 September 2019, 14:50:05 »

I think you're very wrong. There are many people in this country that are appalled by the general immorality in our society and the uncouth nature (e.g Jess Philips) of many in the public eye.

I think that, even among the young, people yearn for a more stable, friendly, honest and respectful establishment. Something to revere. :y

Rees-Mogg may appear to be an anachronism to some, but he embodies the historic manners of which we were once proud and that resonates with many. An English gent.

Though I don't watch it, the fact that Downton Abbey has been so popular and is shortly to be a blockbuster at the cinema reveals much to my mind. Can't see Eastenders or Love Island doing the same. ;)

Gobby feminist.......don't like her. :y

I can't help but think that JRM would have been a lonely child. Possibly spending most of his time with adults in the form of nanny and the gamekeeper.

I think he may be well-meaning but....... :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 September 2019, 15:14:45 »

.......I don't think Ken Clarke will be invited. :)

He voted in line with his constituents wishes.....to be applauded  ;D ;D (all but unheard of)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 September 2019, 15:18:43 »

.......I don't think Ken Clarke will be invited. :)

He voted in line with his constituents wishes.....to be applauded  ;D ;D (all but unheard of)

French albs will concur entirely..... :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.