Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting take on George Floyd.  (Read 27966 times)

STEMO

Re: Interesting take on George Floyd.
« Reply #180 on: 19 June 2020, 20:14:46 »

I wonder when the first footballer to get injured taking the pee knee will be?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #181 on: 19 June 2020, 20:44:49 »

At the end of this football season, I am cancelling my subscription to both BT and Sky. I was appalled at the politics before the matches at the weekend, and I'll be telling them that's exactly why I'm cancelling.
Having said that, I've been having a read of the NYT. Things have really got out of all perspective there. The country is being choked by it all, with race, police brutality and ultra conservatism impacting on every aspect of daily life. Coronavirus has become a mere distraction. Statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson have been torn down recently and both sides, including Trump, have been guilty of releasing doctored videos.

STEMO

« Reply #182 on: 19 June 2020, 20:49:53 »

This kind of stuff:

The second video that Mr. Trump tweeted Thursday night accuses liberals and the news media of assuming that Trump supporters are racists. It shows a woman posting a video of a white man wearing a Make America Great Hat yelling “go, go” at the black driver of a car.

“My racist neighbor just chased my BLACK Uber driver out of our neighborhood,” the woman writes on a social media site, with the hashtags: MAGA, Racist and Love Trumps Hate.

In the video, her posting goes viral, with more than 1.6 million views and reactions from people blaming Mr. Trump and calling him “a Nazi.”

The video also appears to use a fake CNN chyron saying “WHITE MAN IN MAGA HAT ATTACKS BLACK UBER DRIVER.”
The staged video then reveals that the white man had been helping the driver out of a patch of ice by pushing the car, and was yelling “go, go” so it wouldn’t get stuck again.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 20 June 2020, 18:40:40 »

I watched (in horror) an interview on SKY news this afternoon, where a young female organiser of BLM Manchester spoke, unchallenged by the "Journalist, for several minutes. The part that really horrified me was where she waxed lyrical about great things now happening in the U.S. such as movemnets to disband the Police, and to halt funding to the Police. She immediately said "this is what we need", before carying on with a long session of Marxist verbal dysentry.
The "Journalist", just smiled when she had finished and said "thank you for speaking to us".
This is what passes for news in the UK in 2020. I think we are in trouble.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 20 June 2020, 19:33:17 »

I watched (in horror) an interview on SKY news this afternoon, where a young female organiser of BLM Manchester spoke, unchallenged by the "Journalist, for several minutes. The part that really horrified me was where she waxed lyrical about great things now happening in the U.S. such as movemnets to disband the Police, and to halt funding to the Police. She immediately said "this is what we need", before carying on with a long session of Marxist verbal dysentry.
The "Journalist", just smiled when she had finished and said "thank you for speaking to us".
This is what passes for news in the UK in 2020. I think we are in trouble.  :(

Yes.....I have not heard one journalist say "you do know that this man, George Floyd, is a very unpleasant armed robber with a criminal history going back to the nineties".

Nope......I'm just waiting for them to put up a statue in his honour.  :-\

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 20 June 2020, 19:33:52 »

I remember reading an article several years ago in a Sunday supplement one line which stayed with me & several of my colleagues at the time was " we will not rest until the flag of Islam is flying in Downing Street" . I remember my SO at the time saying it will never happen , he popped over for a drink on Thursday (2 metre rule of course) he's changed his opinion now.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 20 June 2020, 20:14:54 »

Yep you cannot judge history by today's standards.  Edward Colston for example was a man of his time when frankly most people probably saw nothing wrong with slavery (Unless you were enslaved of course!) and if he were alive today would still be a successful businessman and would just be buying and selling something else.  ::)

But where does this all lead?  In years to come maybe we should tear down statues of people who made fortunes from coal or oil?   If the mob and their appeasing supporters think it's OK to tear down and desecrate public monuments that remind us of the past, when do the book burning's start?   ::)

I'm increasingly coming round to the idea of buying a house on it's own somewhere remote and getting a couple of big dogs and a shotgun!  :-X

Don't forget the big-titted blonde, Sir Tig. She will be required for f*ucking and fetching the coal duties. :)
Nah, you need a good, solid country girl ;)

Cool hand Luke when the 'big ol country girl' starts to wash the car springs to mind. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 20 June 2020, 21:22:16 »

Yep you cannot judge history by today's standards.  Edward Colston for example was a man of his time when frankly most people probably saw nothing wrong with slavery (Unless you were enslaved of course!) and if he were alive today would still be a successful businessman and would just be buying and selling something else.  ::)

But where does this all lead?  In years to come maybe we should tear down statues of people who made fortunes from coal or oil?   If the mob and their appeasing supporters think it's OK to tear down and desecrate public monuments that remind us of the past, when do the book burning's start?   ::)

I'm increasingly coming round to the idea of buying a house on it's own somewhere remote and getting a couple of big dogs and a shotgun!  :-X

Don't forget the big-titted blonde, Sir Tig. She will be required for f*ucking and fetching the coal duties. :)

Cool hand Luke when the 'big ol country girl' starts to wash the car springs to mind. :)

I think I prefer the idea of a big titted blonde to be honest.  :y

She wouldn't have to fetch the coal either as it's been banned.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 21 June 2020, 12:56:04 »

I'll see what I can do Sir Tig. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 21 June 2020, 13:01:00 »

I'll see what I can do Sir Tig. :y

Big titted blondes are much more fun than cart horse country girls!  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 21 June 2020, 13:39:50 »

According to the Jag forum both Mercedes Benz and Auto Union used 50000  slaves from the concentration camps to help with production during WW2. Many were shot.

I'm sure Lewis Hamilton is aware of this when he starts with his BLM rant. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 21 June 2020, 13:44:30 »

I asked my red headed Scottish friend whose surname ends with 'son' to apologise for all the raping and pillaging that his undoubtedly Viking ancestors did.  :)

He told me to opps off!   :o   How rude!  ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 21 June 2020, 13:49:39 »

According to the Jag forum both Mercedes Benz and Auto Union used 50000  slaves from the concentration camps to help with production during WW2. Many were shot.

I'm sure Lewis Hamilton is aware of this when he starts with his BLM rant. ::)
                  Yes that’s very true. As for Hamilton I never liked the two faced little shit anyway, fkg W£ne’er!
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 21 June 2020, 13:51:30 »

I asked my red headed Scottish friend whose surname ends with 'son' to apologise for all the raping and pillaging that his undoubtedly Viking ancestors did.  :)

He told me to opps off!   :o   How rude!  ;D

An apology from the wops for 400 years of Roman occupation  is also well overdue.

Being eaten by a large lion must have been very traumatic. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 21 June 2020, 14:02:44 »

As Im sure you all know, I have a lot of time for Hamilton. I think he puts himself on thin ice at times by getting involved in certain things, but he does it with the best of intentions, and his heart is in the right place.
The easy option for him would be to ignore current affairs and spend all his spare time counting his money. That wouldnt harm his career at all.
He needs to be very careful though, or given better advice.
Sitting talking about BLM while wearing a Mercedes baseball cap leaves him wide open to be eaten alive by critics.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.