Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for me to be abused  (Read 9008 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Time for me to be abused
« Reply #75 on: 08 November 2020, 21:23:21 »

Hopefully its a future I wont be around to see when it gets here. Internal combustion engines are exciting sexy machines. Tarted up milk floats never will be.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 November 2020, 10:26:37 »

Hopefully its a future I wont be around to see when it gets here. Internal combustion engines are exciting sexy machines. Tarted up milk floats never will be.  :)

I love the ICE, but the milk float suits the wife and round town driving, plus the traffic light grand prix performance is nothing short of stunning  :y

............and it handles rather well to

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09 November 2020, 10:47:43 »

Late to the party. I've driven/owned all three, granted a lot older than you are looking at.

Merc - I believe it's just a Megane in drag. I'm not a fan of Mercs, expensive to maintain and the suspension is far too crashy for modern road conditions. (Driven a friends car a few times, he's had about 4 of them)
Golf - Or as I prefer to call them, Flog (as I consider them a bit backwards). Adequate, but bland. I wasn't a fan of the offset steering in the one I had (the steering wheel was 1-1.5 inches over to the right, meaning I was twisted in the seat whilst driving it.) (Company car for 6 months, did about 2k a month)
Civic - I like them. Reliable, not bad on fuel, toys are aplenty and quite a fun drive when pushing on. OK mine is the Type S (2.0 lukewarm version), I'd certainly buy another one, especially with the K20/K24 engine, these are tunable and pretty bulletproof. (Owned for about 18 months)
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 09 November 2020, 10:50:58 »

I love the ICE, but the milk float suits the wife and round town driving, plus the traffic light grand prix performance is nothing short of stunning  :y

No soul though. An efficient machine like a decent washing machine.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09 November 2020, 11:01:27 »

Late to the party. I've driven/owned all three, granted a lot older than you are looking at.

Merc - I believe it's just a Megane in drag. I'm not a fan of Mercs, expensive to maintain and the suspension is far too crashy for modern road conditions. (Driven a friends car a few times, he's had about 4 of them)
Golf - Or as I prefer to call them, Flog (as I consider them a bit backwards). Adequate, but bland. I wasn't a fan of the offset steering in the one I had (the steering wheel was 1-1.5 inches over to the right, meaning I was twisted in the seat whilst driving it.) (Company car for 6 months, did about 2k a month)
Civic - I like them. Reliable, not bad on fuel, toys are aplenty and quite a fun drive when pushing on. OK mine is the Type S (2.0 lukewarm version), I'd certainly buy another one, especially with the K20/K24 engine, these are tunable and pretty bulletproof. (Owned for about 18 months)

:y
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 09 November 2020, 11:02:43 »

I had an alfa 166 3.2 V6 that had 'soul'. Never again.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09 November 2020, 11:36:45 »

'Soul' is a daft concept when applied to people. Using it to make an engines unavoidable flaws(noise, heat, vibration, smell and other noxious emissions) seem desirable characteristics is just marketing.

An inefficient machine is just junk.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09 November 2020, 11:37:31 »

I had an alfa 166 3.2 V6 that had 'soul'. Never again.

The noise is blissful though(when it works) ???
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09 November 2020, 13:38:16 »

Soul / character, call it what you want. Electric cars will never have it.  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09 November 2020, 14:15:37 »

Soul / character, call it what you want. Electric cars will never have it.  :)
Perhaps when the bearings on the motors start to fail, and the battery will only charge to 15%. Then it will have character  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 09 November 2020, 14:21:21 »

My mate has swapped his Toyota today for a new Civic he really looks into vehicles thoroughly before purchasing , he had a test drive a couple of weeks ago and decided to order one on the spot sent me a couple of pics, looks really nice metallic white with black alloys . He owns a couple of classic MGs as well a Midget & a MGB GT V8 . As a daily driver he reckons the Honda is perfect.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 09 November 2020, 14:26:12 »

Bless his heart :)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 09 November 2020, 14:45:21 »

I rated the previous Civic even if the suspension and handling was not as good as the generation before it (cost cutting from the Bean Counters - loss of the IRS).

The new one is an awful looking thing, which is a shame as its predecessor had actually moved things on.

Honda are having a quite a lot of build and reliability issues at the moment (displays and infotainment hardware are particularly badly hit but, when you look at the internals its not surprising, as its been over-cheapened)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 09 November 2020, 14:51:27 »

They seem very popular at the moment loads round here ,I suppose they are quite cheap for a new car , a real shame though if they are having issues with them.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 09 November 2020, 17:33:24 »

Sounds like they're all shite, then. Apart from the golf, which is boring. Never mind, plenty of time.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.